I spent a lot of money getting into airsoft

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well a lot of money for me at least. I sold lots of things, some of which I would like to have kept, in order to put together a gun, pistol and modest loadout. But I don't regret any of it.

I must confess to having been very irresponsible too. When I first saw the variou LCT AKs on the Fire Support site, I wanted to buy all of them.😁 Lack of funds and common sense prevailed. No point in buying the long barrelled guns (even though they look the best) because I only play CQB. So I looked at the subcarbines. The trouble was I wanted to buy all of those too. I eventually narrowed it down to two and finally picked one. 

I was so  blown away by the appearance of the externals, considering the price I had paid, that I did a very foolish thing: I bought the other one. Now here comes the ludicrous part. I love the things so much that, although I will take them to a skirmish,  I will probably use them mainly at home or the airgun range I go to. And of course I will look at them a lot. Sad isn't it.

But one thing I have already realised. These are not the heaviest guns out there but they are both over three kilos in weight, without anything having been added, and I think, at my age, that even with the use of a sling I will start to find them tiring during a three hour CQB session, and certainly during a full day outside skirmish.

I recently had the chance to hold the G&G Combat Machine Raider - the all plastic one with the short barrel - and it was a revelation. So much so that when I again have the funds I may decide to buy one as a backup gun. Either that or JG 36c, though the JG is bulkier and heavier. All I want is something that is light, will take a 9.6 nunchuck, and cheap enough that I will not become anal about taking care of it.

If I hadn't loved the AK platform so much, I could have spent a lot less money on a cheap little gun so light as to be perfect for CQB, and run it with my pistol. 

I have bought two accessories for my AKs that I have discovered I will probably never use. The first is a mag spacer to help quick reloading of mags. However, once in place the only way to get it out is to remove the whole gearbox. And the spacer has to be removed to get at the hop up and inner barrel. So that is a no no for me. It's easy enough to put mags in without the spacer provided you do it carefully. For CQB changing mags is not a good idea so I will run the guns with hicap only.

The other accessory is a scope mount that is secured on the side of the gun. It is such a tight fit, that it needs to be attached and removed with a little help from a rubber mallet. Having the mount means having to remove it every time I want to access the battery compartment. So that looks like being a bit of a no no too.

Any way I will now go back to rooting around the house looking for other things to sell to fuel my addiction.🤣

• Supporters

You are not alone in this. We have all been there, I was at 23 guns between me and brother earlier this year, I am slowly cutting that down.

If you do go for a smaller CQB gun, look at the G&G firehawk, very CQB friendly, very good gun and very light. And only £20-30 more than the CM16.

• Supporters

What can I say. I like guns. And to be honest, I purchased them all dirt cheap, only ever purchased 1 expensive gun.

I was the same. I had a room full of them which I’m slowly selling. I really wanted a gas G28, but I know i would be too concerned about damaging it to use it. Now, I don’t keep anything unless it has a use and I’m happy to be rough with it. 

Considering you like AK’s can’t you find a CYMA ak74u on Taiwangun? Probably only a few £ more than a g36. Or a mp5 pdw? Pretty sure both take those stick batteries. 

I would highly recommend some hobbyking 7.4 lipo’s. Cheap, smaller than a 8.4 and as powerful as a 9.6. 

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

G&G Combat Machine Raider

Recommended at the price.  It feels and shoots much nicer than my CYMA M4 or JG G36.

20 minutes ago, Duff said:

you're guilty of hoarding

No, no, other people hoard, we build a responsible stockpile.

I know I’m going to end up being able to equip a small army by this time next year, but it certainly beats what I used to spend all my money on. 

I'd thought about a Cyma - either an AK or a MP5 - but the little Combat Machine is so light it feels like a toy (they are all toys of course). Just hang it from a cheap one point sling and you're ready to go.

I'm surprised because these little guns never appealed to me. I always wanted metal and realism. Don't get me wrong. I will use the AKs for play, but I bought them mainly from a deep seated desire just to possess them.😔

• Supporters

After 6 hours of play do you want a heavy rifle or a light one? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

No, no, other people hoard, we build a responsible stockpile.

We need a quote of the day vote and pin it to the top of the forum home page... +1 for this.

There is a lot to be said for a light weight AEG in my book! I love my little G&G! 

I must be rare in the Airsoft world... I've got 2 aegs and 2 pistols with no real desire to buy more! The wish/dream list only now consists of a TM delta custom and a mares leg winchester. Neither of which I can actually see me buying unless I find them ultra cheap! 

Maybe I'm just lucky and found what I like to play with quickly. Or I'm easily pleased 😅

4 minutes ago, Arwen said:

There is a lot to be said for a light weight AEG in my book! I love my little G&G! 

I must be rare in the Airsoft world... I've got 2 aegs and 2 pistols with no real desire to buy more! The wish/dream list only now consists of a TM delta custom and a mares leg winchester. Neither of which I can actually see me buying unless I find them ultra cheap! 

Maybe I'm just lucky and found what I like to play with quickly. Or I'm easily pleased 😅

I'm the same, I've got a few rifles in the house but always just go back to my short ish Mk18 Mod1 better for rushing about the indoors of The Depot.

• Head Moderator
6 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Having low expectations help.  I only had the one rifle and pistol for ages because that is all I needed and was able to resist the allure of buying. Now I have a modest 4 guns and a desk trophy.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Gepard said:

After 6 hours of play do you want a heavy rifle or a light one? 

I want an accurate one.

I have 2 playmates that I buy and sell for..they get "smitten" by the charm of new guns and end up buying them..they use them 1 or 2 times then move on.

These are the type of people to buy off of,I have decided to keep one of their guns I was selling as a back-up..anyway..one of them has a brand new Kriss Vector(aeg?) that he has only shot in his front room,he will never use it ..I also have a HK417D of his that he offered me..but TBH it's not my cup-of-tea compared to my ICS,he has used that x2,...2 new mags are still packaged..

It's a "thing" that you can't explain,nor can they and I actually ordered a new AEG for one of them today..they are great fun though..😂

Personally I have 3 ICS M4 types..and that's only because I bought one of my mates at a silly price...

52 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Whereas I am more than happy to keep buying...

Arwen and I had to tidy up our 'gun room' this week so it can be used for family coming to stay.

It made me realise quite how much gear I have and don't use....

24 minutes ago, Trojax88 said:

Whereas I am more than happy to keep buying...

Arwen and I had to tidy up our 'gun room' this week so it can be used for family coming to stay.

It made me realise quite how much gear I have and don't use....

Haha yeah me too, got enough kit for a small army😂

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

I may now have to call my airsoft friends by this term :D :lol:

Just don't Google it... I believe it's what the employees at the Playboy Mansion are called... 😂

I had a call today from my local music shop to say they have sold a guitar of mine that I asked them to sell on for me as I just wasn't using it...........must not spend the money on more airsoft stuff !!!! 😜

I personally don't see any point in buying anymore if they all function the same (i.e. most AEGs). Like, i've already put together a superb AEG which can work in both CQB and Fields. I also love aesthetics but I don't see a point if it'll just perform the same.

Currently just want one gun for each different possible function.

Guest pierce09

I think just looking through my Instagram feed I’m on 23 or so rifles and pistols in the last few years alone. Pretty sure I’ve missed a couple off too. 

• Moderators

I’ve got several, not sure why, but there was a reason!, one luckily I didn’t pay for and still want a MK23, prob too many but I try and rotate the use of them on game days....... sometimes :lol:

aame can be said for clothing and PCs.... :lol:

Guest pierce09

since buying RIFs over here is so expensive, I've ended up spending my monies on a ton of Crye stuff from the US relatively cheap instead. 

Archived