New Primary - suggestions

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have the obligatory M4, and a G36C, but I fancy putting something a little different into the mix.

On my mind at the moment is a Scar H, an F2000, an ACR or a SAR. STANAG style mags are a plus, so am also considering the Scar L for cross compatibility in that respects, but if I were to go with the H, I’d probably go gas.

Thoughts?

(and no, you’re not getting me anywhere near a wretched AK)

Gas scar H. i sold mine the other day and honestly its the worst airsoft decision I've ever made. if you need further convincing, listen to this...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Thoughts?

If you want something different, then I'll note that my MP5K is an absolute hoot, and surprisingly usable as a primary even in woodland.

• Supporters

I really like the ACR. Mostly just nostalgia from playing MW2. :D

What about Real Sword Type 97 or Type 97b they feed from a wide range of  STANAG style magazines and they are unique and different. 

• Supporters

the f2000 is a great gun, but bear in mind the following:

1. it won't take pmags, or anything wider than a standard "usgi" pattern mag

2. there's a tab on the bottom of the gearbox needs cut off before it'll take regular midcaps

3. the trigger can be a bit finnicky out of the box, might need a bit of fettling to get semi firing right

4. have fun getting a sling mount, i reccommend getting freindly with someone who knows their way round a sewing machine and making some tactical lingerie for it.

5. be prepared for jokes along the lines of "tactical tuna" or "nice speedboat"

6. the scope on the "hunter" version isn't the greatest, my advice is get the railed version and put an eotech on it

7. the stock hop unit is pretty decent, which is good because it's a custom design so you can't just drop in a replacement

8. bb's will end up inside it, they will rattle, it will annoy you.

9. the front tri rail is crazy money and hard to find

10. the adjustable fps system will back off leaving you wondering why everyone else is massively outranging you

11. the trigger pull is exactly like a black and decker drill- responsive it is not.

12. you will want a mosfet if you're running lipo's because have fun when the semi contact burns out

13. some idiot is going to harp on about it being plastic, despite it only being plastic in the same places the real one is (ie pretty much everywhere)

however, on the plus side:

dissassembly is stupidly easy, 1 pin and the whole front assembly comes off, allowing you to change the barrel/hop rubber with ease, hell you could carry a whole seperate top end and swap it out in the field for a dmr/cqb loadout.

the same can be said for the gearbox, 2 screws and a bit of wiggling to remove it, external trigger contacts, removable mainspring and removable motor cage make it a dream to work on

the internals are pretty good, it took several months of 11.1v carnage to strip the piston and replacing it was not exactly a chore

it looks cool as hell (subjective) and at least you'll stand out

it's a pretty good shooter, balance is a bit odd at first until you realise you can hold it like a giant pistol.

it can take an ak length barrel inside a gun a good foot shorter than said ak

personally i'd call it a marmite gun, if you're not sure on it you'll probably end up hating it, but if you love it you always will.

tbh, given you have a couple of modern guns why not look at going old school? like an m14 or an svd, set it up as a dmr and you won't need as many mags to carry around.

8 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Vector 😂😂😂

Ha! I see those around loads on game days, too overused as the “tacticool smg”

7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Gas scar H. i sold mine the other day and honestly its the worst airsoft decision I've ever made. if you need further convincing, listen to this...

Beasty!

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If you want something different, then I'll note that my MP5K is an absolute hoot, and surprisingly usable as a primary even in woodland.

90% of my engagements are mid-long range, definitely prefer the stability of a AR as opposed to a little SMG like that.

5 hours ago, Gepard said:

I really like the ACR. Mostly just nostalgia from playing MW2. :D

Got yourself a Ghost mask too? Haha!

2 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

What about Real Sword Type 97 or Type 97b they feed from a wide range of  STANAG style magazines and they are unique and different. 

That’s a good thought, haven’t considered that. And heard good thing 

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Springer (tri)shotgun, best $70 you'll ever spend! (as long as you load it with minimum .28gram bbs)

If you’re going for a gas scar, allow £50 for a barrel and bucking. It really needs it. 

This is how I currently run my RS Type 97 so you can even make it stand out even more if you want and performance is excellent.

2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

That’s a good thought, haven’t considered that. And heard good thing

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Now that was impressive.

What on earth possessed you to sell it?

If you want something 'different', you can always do what I did...

Rob3(cropped).thumb.jpg.5b5b8878444b421dae8a03308a44ad47.jpg

The full length G36 really turns heads - and scares the crap out of people.

I get a lot of comments about how great it looks and how uncommon they are.

Definitely worth a look...

35 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Now that was impressive.

What on earth possessed you to sell it?

Absolute utter stupidity.. honestly the MWS has ruined me. It performs so well and so consistently I never reach for anything else other than my mp7 for the mill. I’m gonna buy another one if one appears cheap though. It’s such a cool experience shooting the Scar H. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

This is how I currently run my RS Type 97 so you can even make it stand out even more if you want and performance is excellent.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

now that's a head turner of a gun!

I am getting tempted by the Scar H. 

As for shotties, they’re all but useless to me as I never play CQB, mostly long range engagements.

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Fair play, you can always throw it at the enemy!?

I'm so excited to skirmish my M4 now I finally finished it after running shotgun and pistol since, forever.

What kind of budget are you looking at?

Depends on the gun, but probably in the mid-range £200-300. Not too much, as I'll be getting my DMR soon which will probably set me back a good £500 at least.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@AshOnSnow have you done GBBR before?

No, the SCAR H would be my first GBBR if I went that direction.

• Supporters

If you haven't played with GBBRs before try to switch styles sooner rather than when you get one- play on semi with low filled mags etc.

Can be a hard transition for some so give it a try first 

^this

i love gas guns and that’s pretty much all I use. But they aren’t for everyone. If you can run with low caps then you’ll be fine. 

That's a good move pointed out by @M_P if you're thinking of running a gas primary try playing low caps on semi only.

Also worth pointing out the typically an AEG is going to better fill the role of a general primary assault / battle rifle.

Whereas a GAS or HPA gun is more effective as a DMR, unless using an SR25 / V2.5 gearbox AEG for more cylinder volume.

Or for gas, get a HPA tank and some form of extended mag and you have the awesome GBBR with ammo like a typical AEG :D 

13 hours ago, M_P said:

If you haven't played with GBBRs before try to switch styles sooner rather than when you get one- play on semi with low filled mags etc.

Can be a hard transition for some so give it a try first 

Sounds standard, I rarely play hicaps anyway, lucky to get through 200 shots in a game unless there’s a need for some suppressive fire. I usually end up sliding into a DM role each game.

Archived