Bethesda new game?

Sheepy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so anyone seen what Bethesda put on the Facebook page. What do you reckon they’re teasing?

• Supporters

they had a long livestream about it followed by a trailer for "vault 76", some theories saying the reduced graphics are possibly related to being for nintendo switch.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Seems to be set in West Virginia only 20 years after the nuclear blast.

Heard some rumours about it being online mmo style.

Not sure I want to enjoy the vast wasteland before being interrupted by YOURmomztits420xxx yelling at me for being a fag 😕

• Supporters

I'd have loved to see a remastered FO3 or New Vegas but that seems out of the window at this point. A shame, as it's FO3's 10th anniversary. 

• Root Admin

For anyone wondering.

Also this was on Reddit:

Vault 76 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults shown on the computer in the Citadel.

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults.

So perhaps the story follows a whole vault going into the wastes rather than just an individual like the past FO titles?

• Supporters

Also, apparently it will contain the same base building mechanics as shown in FO4.

Looks interesting

16 hours ago, proffrink said:

lso this was on Reddit:

Vault 76 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults shown on the computer in the Citadel.

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults.

So perhaps the story follows a whole vault going into the wastes rather than just an individual like the past FO titles?

The info is from Wiki - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

If this is what the game will follow, then it's set way before Fallout 4, in which case. There will be loads more stuff to scavenge! :D 

Really hoping it's not an MMO, I don't think fallout is well suited to co-op game play.

However in my head, being set so close to the bombs I wonder if groups like the Raiders have already formed, or if this is the point they start forming? Maybe more than one vault was triggers to open 20 years after, or some vaults open in sequence a few years apart in order to try and repopulate? 

• Supporters

Vaults were designed as experiments. Vault Tec did some pretty nasty stuff to the residents of other vaults so there must be more to it than just it opens and that's that. Will be interesting to play so soon after the war though. Even 200 years later there's still rad storms - must be crazy just a couple decades later!

There's a pip-boy in the teaser that shows the vault opened up after 25 years - not 20. I wonder why the residents waited an extra 5 years / what went wrong?The vault is controlled by an AI it looks like so perhaps it malfunctioned? 

Music hints that it will be in West Virginia, and the lore from previous games says it was located in the DC area.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Vaults were designed as experiments. Vault Tec did some pretty nasty stuff to the residents of other vaults so there must be more to it than just it opens and that's that. Will be interesting to play so soon after the war though. Even 200 years later there's still rad storms - must be crazy just a couple decades later!

There's a pip-boy in the teaser that shows the vault opened up after 25 years - not 20. I wonder why the residents waited an extra 5 years / what went wrong? It's controlled by an AI it looks like so perhaps it malfunctioned? 

isn't vault 76 in the lore one of the control experiments? ie they didn't do any crazy stuff because they needed to compare what was meant to happen with what happens if you fill a vault full of clones of some guy called gary

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't vault 76 in the lore one of the control experiments? ie they didn't do any crazy stuff because they needed to compare what was meant to happen with what happens if you fill a vault full of clones of some guy called gary

Reading over the previously submitted info it looks like you're right. Missed that bit haha

• Supporters
Just now, Duff said:

Bethesda haven't ever managed to make a good multiplayer game and I don't see this being any better.

indeed, they should stick to single player as one of the few developers left who seem to have mastered the art of making decent single player games with plotlines that last longer than 30s (i'm looking at you every fps since cod 4)

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Duff said:

As soon as I realised that FO76 is why we are not getting a TES 6 anytime soon, I kinda stuck another dozen pins into the Todd Howard sex voodoo doll.

There's still E3!

y5l2h.jpg

Ye what I’ve found out since the OP pretty much is everything you guys already said, I’m just hoping it’s fallout but with a decent coop and raid system which I think would be cool. I don’t get the hate on ESO it wasn’t that bad after they removed the bollocks forced  subscription. But I doubt it’s going to be a full fallout game Bethesda usually like to wait ages to build hype for marketing probably gunna be closer to a FONV if anything too much hype and buildup for a mobile game, releasing something like  that would just piss people off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 10:57 AM, Duff said:

As soon as I realised that FO76 is why we are not getting a TES 6 anytime soon, I kinda stuck another dozen pins into the Todd Howard sex voodoo doll.

It's not much.... but it is happening! 

21 minutes ago, Duff said:

There are no landmarks to determine where this is in the realm of TES so it leads me to believe it's BS.

I suspect Elsweyr. Plains of scrubland/desert and what looks to be fertile grassland. Mixed with a mountain range and a warm blue sea. 

Plus, we haven't been there for a while. (ESO excluded)

• Root Admin
48 minutes ago, Duff said:

Not in my book. What is it announcing exactly? That TES VI is coming? We knew that.

Yes and officially we didn't.

Welcome to games development in the 21st century. Try not to get annoyed at all of it because that's a reasonably bottomless pit.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Stayed up to watch the Bethesda conference and regret it immeasurably today. Fucking Knackered.

Wolfenstein stein set in the 1980s interest me.

Killing Nazis to synthwave? Yiss...

Fallout 76 doesn't look too enticing... And I've been a big FO fan for yeeeeaaars.

Especially annoying as it's running on the same shitty engine. Even their gameplay demonstration was chugging away when the guns started kicking off. Embarrassingly bad frame rate.

• Root Admin

He might over-promise and under-deliver but TES has been one of the - if not the - most consistently good series ever.

Well, I suppose TES:O was a bit of a trainwreck initially but some people seem to appreciate that these days too for some reason.

Yea I'm really hoping they go back to story telling. Raids in MMOs are fun, for the first couple of time. They then get boring... Then annoying. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, Arwen said:

It's not much.... but it is happening! 

I couldn't help resist but do a slightly different track for that promo. @Duff it didn't embed at first.

- and link updated

• 2 weeks later...

Archived