De-Railed discussions / Rants etc

L3wisD

Message added by Jedi_Master

When anyone does a Tom and the AFUK toilet gets flushed, all the duff ends up here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks just like my unbranded vest from China, I paid just under £16.

4 hours ago, MisterG said:

Looks just like my unbranded vest from China, I paid just under £16.

Thanks, I wasn't sure because I seem to be seeing average looking vests go for +/- £30-40 and it's hard to discern online the quality of the product. Any tips on what I should be looking for in terms of quality? It seems there can be a bit of a false economy for newbs like me :unsure:

5 hours ago, Gepard said:

I used one of those when I started. It got the job done. Not really a baragin though. That's it's RRP. 

I'm planning on buying some used equipment from my local surplus shop so I'm hoping to have some real bargains soon 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Flankenstein said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure because I seem to be seeing average looking vests go for +/- £30-40 and it's hard to discern online the quality of the product. Any tips on what I should be looking for in terms of quality? It seems there can be a bit of a false economy for newbs like me :unsure:

I'm planning on buying some used equipment from my local surplus shop so I'm hoping to have some real bargains soon 

Build quality isn't that great, but it's not bad either, stitching seems fine. 

I needed to tape up the ends of the cables as they had sharp wire on the ends.  But it's certainly a bargain at £16, so much so that I will probably get other colours if I decide to get other loadouts.  Will be trying out for the first time in 3 weeks.

Probably find it was made in the same factory as the Miltec one.

It's a bit snug on me, but I could do with losing a couple stone.

Main downside for me wass waiting 3 weeks for delivery.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Quality seems okay on those gloves I bought the other week. Had a chance to play in them and they were comfortable enough.

Double stitching is a good sign, but as they're knockoffs I won't be surprised if they don't last. 

Even for a tenner they're not bad. If the offer is still up I'd say buy a pair

Pics here:

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Dr_Flankenstein said:

Bag of crap mate , as the G man said you’ll get the same thing from fleabay for under a tenner .

plus as there made from PU nylon not cordura the MC on those looks bloody horrible ! colours are way too bright and they look as good as the price !:blink:

If your getting that price range of tac vest (as most of us did when we first started out ) I’d recommend getting a single colour one khaki/OD/Black/OG/etc NOT a camouflaged pattern , they look a lot better and if it does look a bit ‘shiny’ you can always give it a dusting with an appropriately coloured spray paint .

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Bag of crap mate , as the G man said you’ll get the same thing from fleabay for under a tenner .

plus as there made from PU nylon not cordura the MC on those looks bloody horrible ! colours are way too bright and they look as good as the price !:blink:

If your getting that price range of tac vest (as most of us did when we first started out ) I’d recommend getting a single colour one khaki/OD/Black/OG/etc NOT a camouflaged pattern , they look a lot better and if it does look a bit ‘shiny’ you can always give it a dusting with an appropriately coloured spray paint .

+1

If you're going to buy it don't get a camo variant. The colour shade is awful. You can see the difference in this pic -- 

20933833_10155251759454442_8999735959433

Green mask with Flecktarn troos and a multicam PC? Oh the humantiy!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Duff said:

Green mask with Flecktarn troos and a multicam PC? Oh the humantiy!!!!!

Aren't they multisham trousers?

Or is my eye sight just that bad??

2 minutes ago, xWebster said:

Aren't they multisham trousers?

Or is my eye sight just that bad??

Tbh I have no fucking clue it's all queer to me mate!

• Supporters

The pants are in MTP and the vest is some knockoff crap. I just put it there so you could see the difference if that's something you care about. 

That's why I ended up going the Osprey PC route for MTP, it just all matched and looked way better than my orginal CP vest.

The full face mask kind of ruins the look, but I like my teeth :D

Cheers

G

mtp.jpg

• Supporters

Christ. If I wore that I’d end a skirmish like a baked potato! I only wear a Multicam long sleeved shirt and trousers, and I still come out hot and sweaty.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, MisterG said:

That's why I ended up going the Osprey PC route for MTP, it just all matched and looked way better than my orginal CP vest.

The full face mask kind of ruins the look, but I like my teeth :D

Cheers

G

Funnily enuff I always wear full face aswell , I know 9 out of 10 dentists would prefer us to go tacticool with just goggles but I also am very attached to my teeth ,  

it has taken me 51yrs to get them here ! :D

• Supporters

Now that is a lot of multicam. Christ. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Christ. If I wore that I’d end a skirmish like a baked potato! I only wear a Multicam long sleeved shirt and trousers, and I still come out hot and sweaty.

It was about 5 degrees and raining when I went out like that.  When it warms up I'll just wear an UBACs on top.

And I don't do too much running around like the younger players.

• Supporters

I went out in just my top and trousers in the snow.... I am that younger running around player.:D 

Even when I’m sniping.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No sarcasm there is a big market for high end stuff amongst the collectors and milsimmers. No offence to this site but I never even consider selling stuff through here.

Because we're cheap or sensible?

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just not a big enough market. Especially for what I do. 

Yeah I can understand someone with your elite ninja sarcasm skills need a much wider audience? :lol:

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Duff said:

Yeah I can understand someone with your elite ninja sarcasm skills need a much wider audience? :lol:

Tell you what when I get my Sig back out I will let you have a go at the mall and you can see what I do. 

Find a buyer for half your liver, a kidney and maybe your left eye and I will even build you a gun.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Tell you what when I get my Sig back out I will let you have a go at the mall and you can see what I do. 

Finder a buyer for half your liver, a kidney and maybe your left eye and I will even build you a gun.

Oooh I will hold you to having a pew on your pew! As for sacrificing organs and eyeballs... you know full well I don't stand by mesh eye pro mate! :lol:

Could probably do with some help on my build in all seriousness, it's a bit wobbley.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Duff said:

Oooh I will hold you to having a pew on your pew! As for sacrificing organs and eyeballs... you know full well I don't stand by mesh eye pro mate! :lol:

Could probably do with some help on my build in all seriousness, it's a bit wobbley.

Be warned though you drop it you buy it.

I'd love to give something like that a try, but would be wary of breaking it.

Hey man, I've got five kids to feed! :D.

Or maybe it was 4.:D.  Number 5 was a HK94A3.

G

15 hours ago, you can`t shoot me said:

If that is the going price for a tm uzi i will happily sell mine with free postage an £100 lucks penny back, i know there out of stock but £425 seems very extreme.

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

Somebody hoping to trade on its "classic" status I think........ ;) 

It sold though.

Weren't these intended to utilise some form of laser-tag technology with the PEQ laser?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.