Tippmann m4 set up help

Order1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I plan on getting a Tippman m4 cqb but I have very little knowledge on what to buy for an HPA setup. 

13 minutes ago, Order1 said:

I plan on getting a Tippman m4 cqb but I have very little knowledge on what to buy for an HPA setup. 

Tank regulator  and the line.  That about it.  

Id sent the extra and  go for co2 mags so much  better then being a scuba diver

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The Tippmann is internally regulated, so just a tank and line.

Co2 is great if you don't want to run the tank, but it wastes an entire bulb every time you reload. You'll be going through them like nobody's business.

Either way, you'll love it. SO much fun to play with one. 

I loved my Tippmann, and I miss it :(

If you need HPA advice, @proffrink is our resident high pressure master. :)

Like above has said.

Tank reg and line. Maybe an extra tank if your trigger happy.

I love mine and get such a buzz when I use it. Leave it as it is when you get it and bed it in. You can then decide which parts you want to change as they are all different. Mine has TDC , g&g green hop rubber and tighbore barrel. Other than those and the external changes I have made on mine ,which is down to personal preference just enjoy it ;)

Oh and a sound amplifier if you wanna scare people lol.....

• Root Admin

For HPA in particular you will benefit from your own research.

In short though: Tank, line (with ASA), gun. Tippmann's are internally flow regulated so don't require an external regulator like almost every other HPA gun.

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/ have been particularly excellent in both their range and service recently. Would be worth looking there. To get started, look at these:

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p9/Ninja_Remote_Line_(Tippmann_M4).html

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p23/Proto_Tank_48ci.html

Could instead get a coil-type line (which personally I hate, but you might want to look into):

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p168/Tippmann_Remote_Line.html

For the gun just buy one. If you're using HPA only (no CO2) then the Tippmann accepts a wide variety of M4 AEG magazines. Would recommend PTS EPM mags or HexMags. Lonex Flash mags are good if you want a hicrap maraca.

Also look into where you can fill your tank. Many dive shops that fill scuba tanks will sort you out, but many will not. The usual solution is to buy a 'fill station' and a 2nd hand 232bar scuba tank off eBay That way you can get it filled like anyone else going diving and can top off your actual game tank from it. Added bonus being that a scuba tanks will hold about 4-6 good refills so that you can fill it on site or at home.

6 hours ago, L3wisD said:

The Tippmann is internally regulated, so just a tank and line.

Co2 is great if you don't want to run the tank, but it wastes an entire bulb every time you reload. You'll be going through them like nobody's business.

Either way, you'll love it. SO much fun to play with one. 

I loved my Tippmann, and I miss it :(

If you need HPA advice, @proffrink is our resident high pressure master. :)

With the internal regulator would it still be field legal?

You can adjust the RPS and FPS easily with a turn of an Allen key.

Most sites will insist you have a tournament receiver pin.. where it can be cable tied to stop you opening it up and ramping up the power after chrono.

You can get low power valves as well, but you're better off sticking to the normal valve.

12 hours ago, L3wisD said:

You can adjust the RPS and FPS easily with a turn of an Allen key.

Most sites will insist you have a tournament receiver pin.. where it can be cable tied to stop you opening it up and ramping up the power after chrono.

You can get low power valves as well, but you're better off sticking to the normal valve.

Do you know where I could find a tournament pin?

I'm presuming you're stateside judging from your regular airsoft site on your profile.

Probably your best bets then are evike, or Amped Airsoft.

Amped are huge fans of the Tippmann M4 so might be your best bet.

https://ampedairsoft.com/tippmann-m4-velocity-lock/

Failing that, our resident American member @SeniorSpaz87 might know of somewhere better to send you :)

28 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm presuming you're stateside judging from your regular airsoft site on your profile.

Probably your best bets then are evike, or Amped Airsoft.

Amped are huge fans of the Tippmann M4 so might be your best bet.

https://ampedairsoft.com/tippmann-m4-velocity-lock/

Failing that, our resident American member @SeniorSpaz87 might know of somewhere better to send you :)

Other than that would I just need a tank and line?

Essentially yeah.

One tank will get you about 1400-1600 shots, so if you're more trigger happy than most, get two tanks.

And get a line with a "slide check" this allows you to remove the airline from the gun without having to depressurise the whole system.

Slide the foreskin back and it'll go "pfffft" and your hose stays pressurised and the pressure in the gun is vented so it's safe to remove it from the hose.

Then you need to decide how you'll fill those tanks.

You can get hand pumps, but they are a pain in the ass and takes forever.

Diving shops should fill them if you have the correct adapter for their scuba tanks

Your better off using the Tippmann as standard for a few games and upgrade it as you like.

A TDC (true dead centre) hop up mod is seen as essential by most Tippmann owners.

As is changing the inner barrel right away as the stock barrel is poor, like recycled car aerials!

Heavy Recoil bolt mods, buffer spring spacer mods and power valve efficiency gaskets are recommended but not essential.

Changing the plastic RIS handguard is recommended too if you want it to feel and look a bit more premium than the standard furniture.

It's worth bearing  in mind that Tippmanns require a lot of patience to get shooting well, they have a lot of character.

But they're super easy to work on and fix - no wires, no fiddly little bits, just nice big and simple things that are easy to strip down.

I think if you speak to Amped Airsoft first they can help with recommendations, especially as you're allowed to run these more powerfully than we can, they'll know best.

They can probably even get one modified straight out the box for you too.

...sorry for the essay. I love Tippmanns :)

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Essentially yeah.

One tank will get you about 1400-1600 shots, so if you're more trigger happy than most, get two tanks.

And get a line with a "slide check" this allows you to remove the airline from the gun without having to depressurise the whole system.

Slide the foreskin back and it'll go "pfffft" and your hose stays pressurised and the pressure in the gun is vented so it's safe to remove it from the hose.

Then you need to decide how you'll fill those tanks.

You can get hand pumps, but they are a pain in the ass and takes forever.

Diving shops should fill them if you have the correct adapter for their scuba tanks

Your better off using the Tippmann as standard for a few games and upgrade it as you like.

A TDC (true dead centre) hop up mod is seen as essential by most Tippmann owners.

As is changing the inner barrel right away as the stock barrel is poor, like recycled car aerials!

Heavy Recoil bolt mods, buffer spring spacer mods and power valve efficiency gaskets are recommended but not essential.

Changing the plastic RIS handguard is recommended too if you want it to feel and look a bit more premium than the standard furniture.

It's worth bearing  in mind that Tippmanns require a lot of patience to get shooting well, they have a lot of character.

But they're super easy to work on and fix - no wires, no fiddly little bits, just nice big and simple things that are easy to strip down.

I think if you speak to Amped Airsoft first they can help with recommendations, especially as you're allowed to run these more powerfully than we can, they'll know best.

They can probably even get one modified straight out the box for you too.

...sorry for the essay. I love Tippmanns :)

No worries, the more info the better. And thanks for the recommendations.

Archived