G&G M4

Tactical Pith Helmet
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am happy with the G&G M4 I bought as a starter gun some years ago.   I have tried 'better' rifles and still love the lightweight handling of the G&G, but accuracy is not 100%.  I am looking to do an easy barrel swap and replace the too hard hop rubber/bucking.  

Can anyone recommend me a simple fix/list of components please?   

I am sure this must have been asked before, but the search function did not return what I need to know, so thanks for your forbearance! 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Depends on your budget really mate

And what g&g you have for the barrel length you need.

A Prometheus barrel and purple rubber do wonders, but the barrels can be £50+.

A Prowin style hop up unit can be another £20, but are great.

So if your gun was only £120, spending over half of that might not be a good idea.

A good equivalent would be an ZCI barrel from @ak2m4.

They're good, and cheap.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels

• Supporters

I’d agree with @L3wisD there, if you heart is set on upgrading it, and you don’t mind spending more money on it than the gun is worth I’d suggest a few bits and pieces.

Use AK2M4, get the ZCI barrel, it’s only just “worse” than a Prommy but 1/3 price, get the ZCI prowin hop from him too, think that’s £17, then a purple Prommy hop rubber(if you want to “upgrade” your hop you can Flat hop/Rhop this too to get better range)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both.  I will fit the ZCI components with the purple hop rubber.

I know that I could buy something 'better' and spend money on it, but I find myself still shooting this more than anything else.

Archived