Balance Charging

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been charging the Lipos for my Evo with a normal charger, and then the main battery on the new IMAX.  But haven't really used the spare Lipo, but this morning decided to try out the Imax on my spare Lipo. 

It only recognised 2 cells, one seemed to have died, so managed to resurect it using dubious means which I won't repeat here, lest I fall foul of the H&S police 😁.

Managed to get it back to 3.25 V after a few minutes, at which point the new charger could recognise it, the others were at 4.22, so I thought I would try the balance charge funtion as the battery was appearing as fully charged.

After about 8 hours of balance charging I managed to get it up to 3.86V.  I'll try again tomorrow, didn't want to leave it unattended overnight, and family time calls.

Hoping it will balance completely tomorrow.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, MisterG said:

snip

FFS 8hrs !!!!

Look if it is f*cked - it is f*cked, get a new one

I just charge the bastids, I'm pi$$ed if takes more than say 20-30mins

Balancing is always gonna be a bitch, the more cells you got the more it will rob you trying to balance 3 or 4 cells

I mean yeah, great if you can trickle up & balance stuff eventually

but tbh, if that cell is w@nked then it will remain w@nked I reckon

if it is struggling to reach max 4.2v, then it is likely it will always struggle to re-charge

Did wonder about chopping up the odd 3 cell and using 2 good cells to re-use a 7.4v

but being LiPo's are a heavy weight mofo which packs a mighty wallop - nah best not

F*ck it, buy a new spare 11.1v from hobbyking or something i say

will this one fit ???

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1300mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack-1.html

Probably, it looks like the primary, the spare is an ASG 3 cell with all taped together

Though it did seem to work fine when I used it in the gun before I knew one cell was dead.

Cheers

G

Archived