why shouldnt newbies use snipers?

cianw1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

first off i am not getting a sniper, or thinking of getting one. But, i was wondering why airsofters frown upon newbies to the sport using snipers? if they got all the right gear and applied some common sense; why not?

• Supporters

Read the guide in my sig,

But basically brcause its boring, yeah there are good bits, but nearly everyone.I know that started with a.sniper regrets it. I'm in the middle as a.marksman.

thanks i read your guide and i found it really informative. you mention how big of a deal eye protection is in the guide and i was looking at zero one for some goggles and i found 2 that i like. they are the 2 of the cheapest on the site, but they look quite good quality i was just wondering if i could have your opinion

first goggles : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2435

second ones: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2437

as i said i found the guide really informative and it answered my question, so thank you.

edit: on a side note, what are the rules in airsoft if your gun gets hit by a bb? does it mean your out?

edit: on a side note, what are the rules in airsoft if your gun gets hit by a bb? does it mean your out?

For the gun hits it depends on the site - at some you're out, at some you just ignore it, at some you have to shout "gun hit" then play on.

Basically, to be a good sniper you have to have quite a bit of airsoft experience. Sniping involves lying in wait, and for this you need to be able to judge the field well - you have to be able to predict where the enemy are going to go, otherwise you'll be waiting in completely the wrong place). It also requires good range judgement, which is just something you pick up as you go along. There's a lot more to airsoft sniping than just being a good shot - I've shot .22 rifles competitively for 4 years now, but I'm still no good as an airsoft sniper...

if you would profer i have 10 sets of shooting glasses for sale about to put them on ebay.

this is a link to them,

http://www.northsafety.com/TriggerWorkflow...rue&Tags:PC Tags:PC_ItemGuid=392348b0-0c7f-42fb-b544-83c6dacb893b

they are really nice qulity, comfy and more importantly meet the required bs en166

Dont let the cheap price put you of i get these direct from north saftey and dont have overheads that a shop does so there is no need for massive mark ups. me and all my friends use them. i have even had one friend ditch his ess ice glasses due to the fact these are so comfy, due to the nature of the design there is next to no loss of peripheral vision.

they are coated for anti scratch, dust and fog. using norths a4 coating process the lenses are also polycarbonate so offer amazing strenth in a very light weight package.

pm me if interested thanks

thanks i read your guide and i found it really informative. you mention how big of a deal eye protection is in the guide and i was looking at zero one for some goggles and i found 2 that i like. they are the 2 of the cheapest on the site, but they look quite good quality i was just wondering if i could have your opinion

first goggles : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2435

second ones: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2437

as i said i found the guide really informative and it answered my question, so thank you.

Again this is a personal choose but I wouldn't wear goggle you lose to much vision, either glasses or the goggle/glasses mesh things you can get they are really good :)

When you call a gun hit you hoften have to switch to your secendary weapon at some sites.

As for sniping, I think you can only really furfill the true roll of a sniper at Milsims. On a normal skirmish day its more of a sharpshooter role as the style of gameplay tends to be more agressive, fast paced and there isn't really the time to get a good position, sneak round and line up your shots. Normal days aren't as objective based where a sniper exels. It's more about racking up as many kills as you can, but sniping can still be fun on a normal day. :)

As mentioned above sniping relies on a lot of skill and mainly patience. When you first start airsoft most people want to run in Rambo style! :lol: There are some guides you can find on my team website that migh help here

Heres the scenario: You have a sniper rifle, and decide to run in rambo style. You run into 5 unsespecting enemies with aegs. You shoot one, then the rest turn around. "hold on guys let me pull back my bolt so i can shoot the rest of you!" FAIL.

Or you can have a nerf axe on your back.....FOR AIRSOFT GI!!!!....NERF KILL! NERF KILL! NERF KILL!

yes, DMR's are nice, i wish i had the money to make my gun into a 36k and make is a perfect AEG!

It's all down to personal preference I like to be on the frontline close enough to see the fear in their eyes and you like to sit near the back where it's safe each to their own :lol::P hahaha

Joke!

Archived