Battlefield V is Now!

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I really don't know what to make of this trailer. 

8 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

As soon as I saw the mechanical arm... You know... 😒

I admit, the mechanical arm ain't so.....WW2. But according to developers it's only there to show off the new player customization features.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The thing that annoyed me in the run up to the reveal of this game was when people were trying to guess what the new game was going to be.

"Gotta be WW2 - they've not done that before"

Ummm.. Battlefield 1942 says hi

"Might be Vietnam - they haven't covered the vietnam war yet"

Sorry, Battlefield: Vietnam wants a word

"Might be futuristic like the newest COD - that'd original and cool"

Battlefield 2142 is annoyed at your ignorance.

I mean seriously, did all these n00bs join the Battlefield series at BF3 or something?!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Tell you what, thinking back to it, I think the battlefield series peaked at 2142. That game was amazing.

The titan game mode was phenomenal. The weapons were great fun and balanced.

The maps were incredible. And class progression was balanced, based on XP points from playing skillfully with no credit card details required.

Not including bad company, those were great single player games.

I was so exited when BF1 was announced. Bolt action rifles in multiplayer with a mainstream game would of been really fun. Instead it turned out to be a arcade game with no concern for WW1 and how it was fought. This WW2 one seems even worse. They are not even trying to hide the fact that they give no fuck about the theme and history and would rather add in out of place weapons and features just for giggles. I'm not buying this one either. They should make a new Battlefield Bad Company already.

Also if you haven't already, read up about the SOE, plenty of female operatives. The resistance also had many female combatants. The idea that women only helped during World War 2 at home, is outworn and really not 'fact'.

Check out some forgotten voices book on the war also, plenty of accounts in there detailing this subject.

Most women who entered service (three quarters) were volunteers, and based on the actions of many female SOE, resistance and anti aircraft battery operators I'm sure that, had women been allowed, they would've made an even greater impact.

Archived