A&K S24 - Brand new and no compression

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My S24 was delivered today.
Yay!
It won't fire anything - boooooooo!
There seems to be no air. I've tried cocking it and putting finger over end of barrel - nothing.
And one of the two body screws doesn't seem long enough either. Aaaaaargh!
What can I do / What do I need to check?
Thanks in advance.
Pics here, for what they're worth:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/z0EaiXGMuMMjw0GI3

Not my strong point but just do the basic stuff , make sure there is not a bb or something jammed in the barrel ( finger over the barrel is never a good plan on a rif you know nothing about ) , then its a case of stripping the bolt down to see whats missing 

Edit , 

Its new? send it back if its UK based 

Barrel's clear and clean.
Sadly not UK based - came from Taiwangun 😞
I guess stripping it down is the only option. 
Which should be interesting given my history with such things......

Should just be a lock on the bottom of the trigger mech that stop's the bolt from being removed , but im more gbb/aeg :P 

• Supporters

If your not confident stripping , I’d say wait till your next game and take it with you , there’s going to be plenty there who’ll know what to do (just take a good look at the candidates CARFULLY !) 

• Supporters

Hey @sonofsammo, don’t fret, snipers are a lot easier to take apart than AEGs/GBBR, not much to them, just takes time and patience to get it firing right!

Firstly, your gun has 6 months warranty, so give TWG the choice, email them and explain what has happened and what they want to do about it. 

If you just want to fix it yourself, it’s not that involved, have a good look at these, watch and read the info and make sure your happy with everything they have said before you start taking it apart.

https://www.snipermechanics.com/single-post/2017/04/30/AK-M24-the-SSG24-contender-Initial-Thoughts-and-Mods

What your looking for is probably something obvious, possibly a blown o ring, a damaged piston or broken part(I have seen cross threaded barrels from new), if you do can’t see anything, take photos and post them here and one of us will be able to help you.

Bear in mind if you do take it apart you will void your warranty. 

Any questions, I’m usually quite friendly.

53 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Hey @sonofsammo, don’t fret, snipers are a lot easier to take apart than AEGs/GBBR, not much to them, just takes time and patience to get it firing right!

Firstly, your gun has 6 months warranty, so give TWG the choice, email them and explain what has happened and what they want to do about it. 

If you just want to fix it yourself, it’s not that involved, have a good look at these, watch and read the info and make sure your happy with everything they have said before you start taking it apart.

https://www.snipermechanics.com/single-post/2017/04/30/AK-M24-the-SSG24-contender-Initial-Thoughts-and-Mods

What your looking for is probably something obvious, possibly a blown o ring, a damaged piston or broken part(I have seen cross threaded barrels from new), if you do can’t see anything, take photos and post them here and one of us will be able to help you.

Bear in mind if you do take it apart you will void your warranty. 

Any questions, I’m usually quite friendly.

Cheers for that - I'll drop em a line and see what they say.
Just a PITA to send it back etc...
Serves me right for doing stuff on the cheap.
However. I might learn more by keeping it.
At what point of taking the gun to bits does the warranty become void?
For example, can I take the outer (and inner, I guess) barrel off?

its normally when you mess with the gearbox the warranty ends 

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Cheers for that - I'll drop em a line and see what they say.
Just a PITA to send it back etc...
However. I might learn more by keeping it.
At what point of taking the gun to bits does the warranty become void?
For example, can I take the outer (and inner, I guess) barrel off?

Don’t worry, if your going down the sniper route you’ll need to learn how your gun is put together, some modifications may need on the slide adjustments so your saving yourself hassle in the long run.

Going to be honest, don’t know what TWG warranty policy is like, could be really good or complete aresholes.

See what TWG say before you do anymore, and then you can make the right decision with all the facts.

Ooooooops.
I'm an impatient Mable. So I took the barrel off.
I wanted to do a test with my thumb over the cylinder head. Piston didn't move for 60s, until I took my thumb off.
So now I'm befuddled. Totally.
Because there is air moving, at speed, but it wouldn't shift a BB.
Everything looks fine??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/evdxyeeZdetr2I6E2

• Supporters

Does everything look like it does in the video? No different looking parts/ damaged bits?

so with the barrel off(guessing hop unit and rubber out as well) you put your finger on cylinder head and pull and you get pressure, that’s released when you pull your finger off the cylinder head?

If that’s the case(have I interpreted correctly), your loosing air from the hop unit/hop rubber/barrel area, have a look around that area and use some dental floss on the bucking if required.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Believe me mate as time goes on you’ll soon discover you can get ROYALY screwed over by some of the reputable UK retailers just as badly if not worse than foreign retailers .

give TG a ping see what they say .👍

So after a lot of fiddling, I managed to get it to shoot.
Chrono at 460 consistently with .2's
However, I can only shoot by:
Open bolt
insert magazine

Shoot

open bolt

Push magazine in 
Shoot
Repeat

I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to have to do that each shot?
Also after about ten shots, the end cap on the bolt has loosened to the point 2 tiny ball bearings have come out.
Which is nice 😞
I know it only cost 80 quid, but QC is rather poor!
I'm currently debating whether it needs:
1. Perseverence
2. Money chucking at it
3. Chucking in the bin
If I try 1, then after that doesn't work, I will inevitably feel obliged to try 2.
And if that doesn't work, it'll be no3.
So I guess I can't decide whether to just ditch it or give it one last chance.

Hello.

Have you heard from taiwangun, I've just ordered a A&K S24 today after reading a couple of reviews of people saying there not a bad gun if starting out in snipers. Then after ordering one I've come across this post. Just wondering what there reply was and if they have good customer after care. As I've only used landwarriors and patrol base for all my airsoft gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 10:30 AM, Ri1ch said:

Hello.

Have you heard from taiwangun, I've just ordered a A&K S24 today after reading a couple of reviews of people saying there not a bad gun if starting out in snipers. Then after ordering one I've come across this post. Just wondering what there reply was and if they have good customer after care. As I've only used landwarriors and patrol base for all my airsoft gear.

Hey dude - sorry for the delay, but I didn't notice this reply.
I got in touch and they asked me to send them a video.
I decided that seeing as I was just going to upgrade it anyway that I couldn't be bothered pursuing it further.
Have you got it yet? If you have, what do you think?

• 2 months later...

Archived