Issues with x2 glocks

THE FNG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've been having issues with 2 of my glocks; TM G17 and TM G26 adv.

Both of them cycle, but the slides move and sound quite sluggish and slow. I Have recently replaced the nozzle return spring in both, but that hasn't fixed the issue. They are both stock, except for a metal slide on the G17.

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused the issue is that I fixed a few mags that were leaking in the top valves, and I used froglube to fix them.

I was going to install one of the upgraded recoil springs in the g17 as it isn't as snappy as the G26, likely with it being metal framed. If I were to upgrade the slide return spring to one of the 'enhanced' springs, say for example a 125% recoil spring, is there anything else that needs to be replaced for it work without putting extra stress on other parts.

The below link (not me in the video!) shows someone else having a similar issue; my glocks dont vent all of the gas like in the video, but they move and sound similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDAfTyFvUI

Thanks in advance,

FNG

Green gas; normally use the WE nuprol green.

If you’ve put an ally slide on the G17, you must upgrade the recoil spring AND the hammer spring or it won’t cycle properly.

Only change one thing at a time to ensure you know ht works and what doesnt

To find a problem, be methodical. Use a mag that is completely standard, try it in both guns, is the problem the same?

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you’ve put an ally slide on the G17, you must upgrade the recoil spring AND the hammer spring or it won’t cycle properly.

Only change one thing at a time to ensure you know ht works and what doesnt

To be fair, the metal slide has been ran for at least 10 games before I had the issues with it.

Any recommendation regarding the spring strength?

Yep, I ran my first modded G17 without a stronger hammer spring to start with, but it won’t cycle properly.

Guns Modify recommend  120% recoil spring, 140% hammer spring for ally slides,  135% recoil, 140% hammer for ally slide with RMR,  150/180 for steel slide or CO2

I run 120/140 in my G22 and my partners G17 both with original slide but RMR sight

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 9:35 PM, rocketdogbert said:

Yep, I ran my first modded G17 without a stronger hammer spring to start with, but it won’t cycle properly.

Guns Modify recommend  120% recoil spring, 140% hammer spring for ally slides,  135% recoil, 140% hammer for ally slide with RMR,  150/180 for steel slide or CO2

I run 120/140 in my G22 and my partners G17 both with original slide but RMR sight

Thanks for the advice; I have fitted both with enhanced hammer and recoil springs. Have not tested at a game but a few quick shots at home and both feel and sound great again!

I ended up having to go with recoil spring 130% and hammer spring 140% due to availability etc

On this, I just got a TM G22 and really want to run an RMR on the stock slide, can I get some more details on your set up?

5 hours ago, Sawyer said:

On this, I just got a TM G22 and really want to run an RMR on the stock slide, can I get some more details on your set up?

Simple as above buddy, spring strengths 120/140, G17 mount and clone RMR sight on top.

I have an adjustsble flat trigger in my 22 as well

I’m having a similar problem it seems at the minute FNG; metal slide that doesn’t cycle properly. 

Is enhanced really necessary? Or will the stock spring do?

8 minutes ago, The Lord Tea said:

I’m having a similar problem it seems at the minute FNG; metal slide that doesn’t cycle properly. 

Is enhanced really necessary? Or will the stock spring do?

You need to run enhanced springs, recoil AND hammer, it will not work correctly without.

There may be other issues as well, including manufacturer compatibility, but without the stronger springs it’s a non starter

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread; was wondering if you have any experience with kjw glocks? 

The reason I ask is that I wanted to run a metal slide for my g26 adv, but I'm not willing to pay 100 to 200 for the guarder slide.

The KJW g26 slide is considerably cheaper; do you know of the top of your head if it is compatible with the marui g26? A google search has yielded conflicting reports.

The old adage, you can make anything fit, but I wouldn’t try.

KJW is similar but not identical, it won’t fit without tonnes of work.

You should be able to get something for a decent price from www.rainbow8.com, and they ship fast

John

On 6/9/2018 at 3:22 PM, rocketdogbert said:

The old adage, you can make anything fit, but I wouldn’t try.

KJW is similar but not identical, it won’t fit without tonnes of work.

You should be able to get something for a decent price from www.rainbow8.com, and they ship fast

John

Brill thank you!

Of the top off your head, an I right in thinking rough custom duties is about 20% or so?

2 hours ago, THE FNG said:

Brill thank you!

Of the top off your head, an I right in thinking rough custom duties is about 20% or so?

You may get away with it, I often do, but not always.

It generally adds up to about 20% by the time you’ve paid customs and a handling fee if your package gets stopped

On 6/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, rocketdogbert said:

It generally adds up to about 20% by the time you’ve paid customs and a handling fee if your package gets stopped

Brilliant.... and payday is looming! 😂🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2018 at 18:43, rocketdogbert said:

Was wondering if I could pick your brain again?

Put a steel slide on the g26; works brilliantly!

However, the first shot is a little bit slow, cycles and fires, and all shots afterwards are perfect and snappy.

I tried the g17 yesterday; was around half 8 in the evening as it dropped cool outside. Was very sluggish, felt like it did before. When I use it inside the house when it's warm, it's fine. I don't know if it was because it was cool but it just didn't want to work at all.

G26

recoil and hammer springs upgraded?

G17

What gas are you using?

Are you filling the mag completely, correctly?

Are you allowing the mag to warm up to room temperature (at least) after filling but before firing?l

11 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

G26

recoil and hammer springs upgraded?

G17

What gas are you using?

Are you filling the mag completely, correctly?

Are you allowing the mag to warm up to room temperature (at least) after filling but before firing?l

G26 - yes to both.

G17 - using nuprol 2.0 green. Mags filled correctly and they sat for a good 2 hours in the sun before being fired.

G26 sounds like some sort of alignment friction issue, have you tried manually cycling it slowly and see if you can see or feel anything?

It’s often something like that.

G17 it might just be cool down issues, unless the mags are leaking slightly, you could try putting them under water see if you can see any leaks?

On 01/07/2018 at 14:14, rocketdogbert said:

G26 sounds like some sort of alignment friction issue, have you tried manually cycling it slowly and see if you can see or feel anything?

It’s often something like that.

G17 it might just be cool down issues, unless the mags are leaking slightly, you could try putting them under water see if you can see any leaks?

Mags checked, all gas tight.

I've been playing around a bit with the recoil spring and guide rod etc. Temporary solution: added 2 small orings in front of the recoil spring to compress it slightly more and this seems to work. Will I cause any damage by doing this? Its compressing by about 3mm.

13 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

Mags checked, all gas tight.

I've been playing around a bit with the recoil spring and guide rod etc. Temporary solution: added 2 small orings in front of the recoil spring to compress it slightly more and this seems to work. Will I cause any damage by doing this? Its compressing by about 3mm.

You wont cause any issues, it’s known as short stroking, loads of serious pistol heads do it. It will make it more gas efficient, and cycle faster

• 2 months later...
On 02/07/2018 at 22:40, rocketdogbert said:

Was hoping I could pester you for some more advice @rocketdogbert

My G17 has been poor of late. I noticed after installing the hammer and recoil springs that the same old problem started to happen. Slow slide, nothing firing. I have ended up installing a guarder 150 hammer spring, guarder 150 recoil spring, guarder enhanced nozzle and valve and a guarder lightweight blowback housing. Now the gun wont fire; just vents gas through the sides and rear of the slide. Believe that the hammer spring may be too hard as its hard to rack the slide back. I do have a 180 hammer spring that came with the recoil spring but surely that will make the problem worse.

My question is, am I missing something really obvious? All manner of changes just bring back more problems rather than solve them.

Archived