Mains input - Accucel 6 Deans

TheKempyy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

I recently ordered a Accucel 6 50w Balance charger from Amazon, expecting it to come with a mains input. It came with crocodile clips (And Deans adapter) instead meaning I need to hook it up to a battery to charge my Lipos. Not what is beneficial to me. 

Does anyone have this issue, and how did they rectify it? Looking for anyone that knows what sort of mains input is the best fit for it? Or whether to order a new charger altogether.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, TheKempyy said:

Morning all,

I recently ordered a Accucel 6 50w Balance charger from Amazon, expecting it to come with a mains input. It came with crocodile clips (And Deans adapter) instead meaning I need to hook it up to a battery to charge my Lipos. Not what is beneficial to me. 

Does anyone have this issue, and how did they rectify it? Looking for anyone that knows what sort of mains input is the best fit for it? Or whether to order a new charger altogether.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

not gonna repeat it all over again.....

PS this stuff keeps coming up every so often, I'm sure there is numerous threads on it & LiPo's

plus chargers/PSU's, settings, types of batteries, fitting deans & what not

see if you got old laptop psu that might work as is or can be adapted easily if you know what you are doing

or buy a B6 PSU

OR a PC PSU.....

https://bigdanzblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/charging-turnigy-2-2-lipo-battery-with-turnigy-accucell-6-battery-charger/

nah....... at a real push I guess you could use it

ye olde AT PC PSU would be easier

or you need the bridge the PWR ON usually green to GND or black on ATX PSU 

(then pick yellow on molex plug (12v) as red is 5v on molex connector with GND/Black)

Run it in ya car cigarette socket - need something 11~18v - ish about 3amp upwards

Old laptop psu is easier or basically what end you up buying if you purchase a B6 PSU

small plug type psu is only about 1amp 12v to power modem/router - ok for mini B3

but not enough for B6 type chargers - you need a bit more grunt/amps for B6 type chargers

Archived