S24

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I decided I fancied a sniper and saw the s24 for 85 delivered, so thought it was worth a punt.

Just wondering what type of sight to put on it and what if any basic mods I should do.

I'm not after spending a fortune on the mods, as if I like sniping, I'll get an srs.

But anything relatively cheap that will make it more fun to use would be great.

• Supporters

Bought one of these a while ago for a ‘lone survivor’ build , as it was just for a loadout project I thought “cheap and cheerful, that’ll do nicely “ turned out to be a cracking lense , lovely clear optics and holds true no probs at all . 

I bought the 3-9x40 with weaver scope mounts and flip up covers , think it was £25’ish ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airgun-Rifle-scope-Air-gun-riflescope-All-sizes-3-9x40-3-9x50-6-24x50-/162504564225?var=&hash=item6b742eb95e

A 3-9 scope as above will be great. You don’t want too high of a magnification because of the ranges you’re dealing with. 

If its vsr compatible, a maple leaf decepticon 70 bucking and a suitable nub/hop arm will help you reach out and touch people with heavy BB’s. (Assuming you have the FPS)

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

A 3-9 scope as above will be great. You don’t want too high of a magnification because of the ranges you’re dealing with. 

If its vsr compatible, a maple leaf decepticon 70 bucking and a suitable nub/hop arm will help you reach out and touch people with heavy BB’s. (Assuming you have the FPS)

I'll chrono when I get it and go from there.

I'm assuming there's no point using RS scopes as there's little to no recoil comparatively?

Thanks for the link druid.

Which would be better for woodland, 40 or 50?

No recoil and the expense that comes with RS scopes comes from the glass clarity, precision adjustment and development of ballistic reticles etc. That scope linked above will look crystal clear to you at the sub 100m ranges you’re dealing with. When you’re shooting in some instances well over a thousand yards, that extra precision and clarity is needed which is why some RS scopes cost twice what the rifle they are sat on

• Supporters

Again what Wolf said ,40mm will be more than good enough , at the ranges we shoot at you could zip tie a beer bottle to it and you’d still see the target clearly enough to hit them ! 😂😂😂

On 5/20/2018 at 12:45 AM, Druid799 said:

Bought one of these a while ago for a ‘lone survivor’ build , as it was just for a loadout project I thought “cheap and cheerful, that’ll do nicely “ turned out to be a cracking lense , lovely clear optics and holds true no probs at all . 

I bought the 3-9x40 with weaver scope mounts and flip up covers , think it was £25’ish ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airgun-Rifle-scope-Air-gun-riflescope-All-sizes-3-9x40-3-9x50-6-24x50-/162504564225?var=&hash=item6b742eb95e

Arrived today - lovely for the money - many thanks!
Shame about the RIF 😞

3-9x scope is useful - crank it up to full magnification to spot the campers, then wind it back in to shoot.

Archived