G Spec or Standard VSR 10

P13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’m planning of buying myself a sniper rifle, looking at the JG VSR as I am on a fairly tight budget and seeing as I am going to eventually upgrade all the internals I can’t see the point in buying a TM. 

Done me a lot of reading on these and the JG seems to get some quite good reviews, the only thing I couldn’t really make my mind up with is... do I go for the G Spec (300mm Barrel) or the standard (430mm Barrel)  

as it’s a sniper and range is the key I’m leaning towards the standard as being the better, but the GSPEC offers more in terms of manouvorabilty and mobility. Also better aesthetics on the GSPEC.

is the extra 130mm barrel really going to add that much more in terms of distance? Or accuracy? 

interested to see people’s opinions here 

• Supporters

If your on a budget look at the cyma(think it’s a cm702b) from Taiwan Gun, it’s dirt dirt cheap. 

Depends on on what you want from your gun, they will both provide the same accuracy and range with the same upgrades(ish) it’s just looks and how they feel in your hands.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

If your on a budget look at the cyma(think it’s a cm702b) from Taiwan Gun, it’s dirt dirt cheap. 

Depends on on what you want from your gun, they will both provide the same accuracy and range with the same upgrades(ish) it’s just looks and how they feel in your hands.

Spent a lot of time looking at the Cyma to be fair, but read a lot of places that the JG is of superior quality. 

Out of the box, I read the JG will give slight more longevity than the Cyma, despite only being a little bit more expensive 

• Supporters

Yeah that is true, the JG is of better quality, but if your upgrading your replacing most of the parts, and down the line you may find just a Tm stock or outer barrel just to swap in.  

Its really up to you, most of the guys on the sniper forums go with the Cyma, there is a lot of good info on building a VSR on there.

I’ve found a TM G spec second hand but mint for a similar price to the JG so hopefully the guy replies and I can pick this up. 

Then I can gradually build on this

So I’m going for a g spec Tokyo Marui, eventual plans will be to upgrade everything. 

But going to run stock for a little while, just do a couple of cheaper mods around air seal. 

Can the stock TM handle more powerful springs straight out the box in peoples experience? 

15 hours ago, P13 said:

So I’m going for a g spec Tokyo Marui, eventual plans will be to upgrade everything. 

But going to run stock for a little while, just do a couple of cheaper mods around air seal. 

Can the stock TM handle more powerful springs straight out the box in peoples experience? 

No you would have to eventually (or straight way) upgrade the sears and trigger.

Running it stock on .25's is fun!

17 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

No you would have to eventually (or straight way) upgrade the sears and trigger.

Running it stock on .25's is fun!

How is the range with stock? The plan was to run .28’s or .36’s will it not be able to hop these weights? 

2 minutes ago, P13 said:

How is the range with stock? The plan was to run .28’s or .36’s will it not be able to hop these weights? 

Baring in mind the stock gun fires at maybe 300fps maybe less to comply with china FPS rules I think you'd struggle with anything over .25 without upgardes. From my experience with VSR rifles if you're looking to lift those types of weight over any distance you'd need to upgrade the spring/sears/trigger and go for a new harder hop rubber, I always used to use the purple maple leaf rubber and the ASP b type hope level but I don't think that lever still exists.

Have a look on some of the dedicated VSR/Sniper facebook pages to see what the majority now advise as its been ages since I had a VSR platform now

I’ve got an autobot 70 maple leaf rubber, and the plan is to change it all eventually but I will run stock for a little while

oh and I done use Facebook 

5 hours ago, P13 said:

I’ve got an autobot 70 maple leaf rubber, and the plan is to change it all eventually but I will run stock for a little while

oh and I done use Facebook 

Airsoft sniper forum then, wealth of bolt action knowledge on there

• 4 weeks later...

I have a JG Standard Spec that performed reasonably well today, needs a bit of tweaking.

It has a bunch of upgrades though, listed below, and I’m still not really satisfied with the accuracy and consistency.

- AirsoftPro Zero Trigger

- AirsoftPro Rounded Steel Cylinder Head

- AirsoftPro Zero Angle Piston

- PDI 450fps Spring (not 100% certain)

- ZCI 6.02mm x 430mm inner barrel

- Action Army Hop Chamber Upgrade

- Maple Leaf Autobot 70 Degree Bucking

I may try the deception bucking with Teflon tape mod, see if that tightens up the shot groupings at all. 

The stock JG will give you nothing but a frustrating day of not hitting anyone.

12 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I have a JG Standard Spec that performed reasonably well today, needs a bit of tweaking.

It has a bunch of upgrades though, listed below, and I’m still not really satisfied with the accuracy and consistency.

- AirsoftPro Zero Trigger

- AirsoftPro Rounded Steel Cylinder Head

- AirsoftPro Zero Angle Piston

- PDI 450fps Spring (not 100% certain)

- ZCI 6.02mm x 430mm inner barrel

- Action Army Hop Chamber Upgrade

- Maple Leaf Autobot 70 Degree Bucking

I may try the deception bucking with Teflon tape mod, see if that tightens up the shot groupings at all. 

The stock JG will give you nothing but a frustrating day of not hitting anyone.

Have you seen eagle6 are developing their own hop unit/arm? looks interesting and should be more consistent with the better hop rubbers on the market which I also think will not have the need for a nub...

GSPEC owner here.

My mind is in an ever ongoing battle of whether to change the 303mm barrel to a 430mm. It gives a better piston volume to barrel ratio with the longer barrel but you end up losing some of the suppressors effect.

Truth of it is that you'll probably get about 5-10fps more out of a longer barrel but will get more noise without the suppressor. Both are very capable snipers and ranged accuracy is virtually indistinguishable.

(Although 430mm is usually the suggested "best" barrel length for the VSR platform).

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2018 at 13:48, clumpyedge said:

Have you seen eagle6 are developing their own hop unit/arm? looks interesting and should be more consistent with the better hop rubbers on the market which I also think will not have the need for a nub...

I have seen that, all though I have seen a company on Instagram who I will try next. They’re called Stalker Airsoft designs and the arm/nub they produce looks fantastic. 

Its either this or a TNT rubber to match my barrel. 

On 19/06/2018 at 13:38, Steveocee said:

GSPEC owner here.

My mind is in an ever ongoing battle of whether to change the 303mm barrel to a 430mm. It gives a better piston volume to barrel ratio with the longer barrel but you end up losing some of the suppressors effect.

Truth of it is that you'll probably get about 5-10fps more out of a longer barrel but will get more noise without the suppressor. Both are very capable snipers and ranged accuracy is virtually indistinguishable.

(Although 430mm is usually the suggested "best" barrel length for the VSR platform).

I ended up replacing with another g spec sized barrel, the gun has been doing good things with this length barrel so I thought if it ain’t broke don’t fix 

On 23/05/2018 at 19:53, P13 said:

I’ve just bought g spec jg with only upgrade spring it’s pretty awesome so far no issues 

10 hours ago, Simonwwfc said:

I’ve just bought g spec jg with only upgrade spring it’s pretty awesome so far no issues 

I got a bit bit carried away I’ve ive changed almost everything and getting some fantastic results to be fair. 

Ive done

AirsoftPro v4 trigger

AirsoftPro Piston

AirsoftPro M160 spring

AirsoftPro Spring Guide

AirsoftPro Cylinder 

AirsoftPro Cylinder Head

AirsoftPro Hop Arm

AirsoftPro Barrel Spacers

TNT inner barrel

Laylax Nineball Rubber 

Archived