328fps limit for CQB

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If the sight limit is said to be 328fps as it is at the Mill in Wigan, what does this mean:

That the gun must never go above 328?

OR

That the average of a number of shots taken must not be above 328?

I need to know so that the gun I have ordered can be set at the right level by the retailer.  

If the gun passes the chrono test with .20 bbs, do most sites allow you to use .25, .28 or.30 pellets as an alternative? 

No more than 328 fps with .2g bbs 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

If the sight limit is said to be 328fps as it is at the Mill in Wigan, what does this mean:

That the gun must never go above 328?

OR

That the average of a number of shots taken must not be above 328?

I need to know so that the gun I have ordered can be set at the right level by the retailer.  

If the gun passes the chrono test with .20 bbs, do most sites allow you to use .25, .28 or.30 pellets as an alternative? 

From the Mill forum page:

Pre-Site Rules:

FPS limits Measured with 0.20g bbs

Under 350fps for AEGS/PISTOLS/SHOTGUNS ( no variance)

So basically it's 350 not a penny more. Once you've chrono'd you'll be free to use whatever weight you want. The site use 350 with 0.2g because it's 1J (or thereabouts). Saves any arguments at chrono that way!

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I've seen the Mill forum page and the 350 limit.

But I have also heard the site manager refer to 328fps. It's such a curious number that it has stayed in my head.

I wonder what it all means. 

Basically what he tries to press is that their site limit is 328fps with a max deviation of 350. All my guns sit at 340-350. I think he says this to keep people from trying to hit thag max limit, then kick off when it’s .5 FPS over and they’re told to fuck off. 

• Supporters

What Wolf said your aiming for 328fps (which is generally the higher end of the No’s  your going to get out of an M100 spring) but NO HIGHER than 350fps max 

• Supporters

it depends entirely on the site how finnicky they are, we're all limited to 328fps (1 joule) in northern ireland and you get a mix of "zomg it's 328.01 you can't use that cannon here" to "meh if it's around 329-335 ish just keep shooting till you get one below 328" to "ahh 328, fine, i'll not ask what weight bb that is" and finally the ever present "we're too skint to buy a chrono, as long as people's goggles don't crack you'll be fine".

a lot of sites don't chrono pistols either, or they only chrono co2 pistols, which is ironic because without my washer tweak my extended barrel sig is putting out about 380fps on .3's

At my local it is 350fps on .2's for aegs. No minimum engagement distance but under 5m you should use single shot. 

350-500fps on .2's are dmr's and snipers. Single shot only, no spamming the trigger, mim engagement distance is 25m. 

Pistols are not normally chrono'ed but no revolvers/Dan westons in the buildings. If a pistol is causing people particular pain, it is chrono'ed and the person asked to not use it or given rules for for it. As such, I don't actually know what either of my pistols shoot at...  🙄

Personally, using heavy weight bb's I don't like. Especially in cqb. They hurt!!!

• Supporters

it's not that bad if the person weilding it is being sensible and only firing at distant targets.

i had a breif period when i put the new gearbox in the m4 and it was firing 420, i got away with using it but during the game i ended up with a chap hiding right next to my oil drum, went to shoot him and his head popped up not 6" from the end of my gun and i was like "i don't even care if i get hit i'm not putting 2+j's worth of bb into this guys face right now", he took the bang kill although i did get blasted by his mates.

rest of the game i was more cautious and hung back and nobody was unduly annoyed, even if i was outranging everyone there.

tl:dr it's not how overpowered the gun  is, it's how much of a **** the guy using it is.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I used to and hopefully will again play private CQB games where everything is firing way north of 500fps and everyone was using heavy weight ammo. 

Great fun but only if everyone is like minded, i.e a bit fucking stupid.

the best airsoft games are when it's just a bunch of like minded mates, big games are intense but it's still a cluster **** of people using the confusion to justify creative use of game mechanics (ie ignoring hits from anyone except the guy they're looking at)

That’s the best way to really gain skills when it bloody hurts to get hit 🤣 You learn quickly when you don’t want to get hit. 

Archived