sonofsammo

I love Poland - AK ftw!

Currently in Poland visiting my brother. He took me to local gun range for a bit of real steel.

Glock 17 = unimpressed

Cz75 = awesome

Mp5 .22lr = cap gun

Cz Evo 9mm = awesome

AK-47 7.62= emperor of all awesomeness.

The videos are the ak and Evo, both at max range of 25m.

The target is from 10 rounds on the ak at 25m.

I'm glad they're not legal here, or I would be utterly destitute.

AF839C62-49D6-4EFA-90D9-A750EC4E979B.jpeg

Moved to Off Topic. This is not airsoft.

Been to Poland a few times now. Last visit there was a new range opened up in town. First and only time firing real steel...i cannot wait until next time. 

5 shots with each, also Ak47, never held one before, even a toy version. I found it very comfortable to shoulder, it really did feel nice and great fun to shoot. 

Then there was an ar15, from translating I think a P415... But I might be wrong. 5.56, that was great, virtually no muzzle rise at all and little recoil in comparison to the Russian gun, the red dot virtually stayed on point. It was such a pleasure to shoot that I got a bit carried away with rounds 3, 4 and 5. 

Also a CZ75, I wasn't familiar with this pistol at the time - somehow. I'm sure it had shadow on it, so may have been an sp01 but from memory it looked more like the B. Good and comfortable to shoot. 

There was a small smg sized gun but I don't remember what it was.

Then lastly we fired some 357 magnum rounds out of a 6 inch barrel s&w 686! That experience was worth the money itself. I had to readjust my grip after the third shot, grips far too big for my also sweaty hands. Bizarrely I was most accurate with this! First 2 round in the 10🤔

The only downside to the day was me shaking. As soon as I'd put the weapon down I'd stop shaking, then next time as soon as I'd aim I'd start shaking! It did ease up slightly until the 686 but I just hope it won't keep happening. I'd like to actually give it a proper, calm, effort

Tourist ranges are so frustrating.  5 rounds on this, then on to the next one.  You need at least a mag to get a proper feel.  Especially for people who have never shot RS before.  A few rounds to get used to recoil etc. 

4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Tourist ranges are so frustrating.  5 rounds on this, then on to the next one.  You need at least a mag to get a proper feel.  Especially for people who have never shot RS before.  A few rounds to get used to recoil etc. 

Yes and no for me. No because that was my first time and for me one of the best things I have experienced from my shorterm memory. Yes because with more ammo I would've settled and enjoyed it even more. It didn't help not speaking the language, I would've asked a few questions. I was gripping everything as hard as I could because I didn't know any better. 

I know I will be back probably annually so maybe after 30 years I will get used to it 😉. Would be expensive 30 rounds per gun though!