Which ak74u? CYMA LCT or ICS

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi so I am or was pretty set on a cm045a which I have read up quite a bit and seems to be a solid gun for the money.

However I've seen an lct model;LCT LCKS74UN NV

And also ics which is better and do the LCT hac3  better barrels etc?

They’re all good for their own reasons for their price point, the CYMA is unbeatable in terms of £/performance. Really solid guns which always get recommended. 

LCT as far as I’m aware use ‘real’ AK externals and are supposed to be the nicest AK aeg’s. Gearbox is high quality, but nothing groundbreaking, just like the cyma. 

ICS is a very good brand, and internally are probably the most solid guns. They won’t be as realistic as LCT on the outside, but ouf of the three I’d expect the ICS gearbox to outlast the other two. 

Personally, If cost isn’t a factor I’d pick a nice LCT. 

The LCT has better externals. And above average internals.

The company is known for the externals, And the AK range they produce are some of the best made AK's you can buy. Full steel construction, Good attention to detail, Welded seams.

The gearboxes are well built and have good component selection. The only thing they don't come with is a mosfet.

Internally expect, Bearings, Alu piston/cylinder heads, metal spring guide, Oring airseal nozzle, 6.04 inner barrel, plastic hop, And a low end high torque motor.

You can't go wrong with LCT if you want an AK.

In comparison to the Cyma, Cyma use pot metal bodies that are fantastic, but they also don't stand up to years and years of abuse. And once they start to crack they can't be repaired externally without a lot of fuckery.

The gearboxes work, but if you look at owners of the gun you will find a lot have spent time and money upgrading them because the component selection was made on a budget.

Plastic piston/cylinder heads, Standard air nozzle, plastic spring guide, 6.08 inner barrel, standard motor.

Cyma guns are great, but in comparison to an LCT, If you were given the opportunity to pick both up and look at them you wouldn't hesitate to pay they extra for the LCT. They look and feel like different animals.

The ICS is an unknown to me, I've never seen and handled one.

One think to note about the LCT is you have poor magazine compatibility with them, So budget for LCT mags as well. Because the steel construction slightly moves when mag catches engage. Fortunately LCT AK mags are reasonably priced.

The LCT will outlast the other 2. AK's fail at the front where the body joins the barrel. Pot metal over a couple of years fatigues here and cracks. The LCT been steel will never have this problem. It will be solid enough that the externals should outlast the gearbox many times over.

Are you still going down the two tone route?

If you go down the LCT LCKS74UN NV route, I would definitely wait for UKARA.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ballist1x said:

Hi so I am or was pretty set on a cm045a which I have read up quite a bit and seems to be a solid gun for the money.

However I've seen an lct model;LCT LCKS74UN NV

And also ics which is better and do the LCT hac3  better barrels etc?

The CYMA CM045A is pretty much bomb proof. I had one for a good wee while and it was great fun. Does the LCT have better externals and higher quality materials? Yes, but it also has a much higher price tag.

Thanks guys I mean cost is always a consideration but would the lct have better range and accuracy than the cyma for example?

Also the out if the obox fps for the cyma is like 400fps @ 0.2 but the LCT is more like 330. Is this because they don't run the same spring?

I would be on outdoor sites so low fps isn't really needed

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Ballist1x said:

Thanks guys I mean cost is always a consideration but would the lct have better range and accuracy than the cyma for example?

Also the out if the obox fps for the cyma is like 400fps @ 0.2 but the LCT is more like 330. Is this because they don't run the same spring?

I would be on outdoor sites so low fps isn't really needed

1) not necessarily

2) out of the box the CYMA is illegal so you'll need to get the spring changed so it's lower FPS anyway.

• Supporters

Once you’ve sorted your UKARA registration THEN think about which one too get two-toning is just an abomination .

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The CYMA CM045A is pretty much bomb proof. I had one for a good wee while and it was great fun. Does the LCT have better externals and higher quality materials? Yes, but it also has a much higher price tag.

Sure the cm045 is like £160 and the LCT is about £220

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Once you’ve sorted your UKARA registration THEN think about which one too get two-toning is just an abomination .

Well Yes but to be honest I want to play this summer and if I wait 3 more months it will be The end of august:( and I'll have to pay to rent guns each time I go which imo is a waste:(

• Supporters

CYMA if you're on a budget, ICS for anything else. Both will serve you well.

FYI, if you're buying the CYMA in the UK it doesnt come out the box at 400fps, that is just the same box they use worldwide. Mine clocked in around 300ish stock on .2g bb's. It was built like a fcking tank, had a 3 mile long trigger pull and shook like washing machine when you fired it - very authentic!

I bought my CYMA 045C from gunfie poland and had them downgrade it to 330-340 for free.

For less than £200 including 4 mid caps and shipping I am very, very pleased with it.

• Supporters

I have one of TG’s ‘own brand’ ones , it’s a cyma that’s been up-graded in the factory to there own specs and it’s an absolute beast of a gun ! And as you said about the gunfire one I got the gun , 6mids , couple of extra ris rails and a foregrip all delivered for just under £200 .

45 minutes ago, warlord said:

I bought my CYMA 045C from gunfie poland and had them downgrade it to 330-340 for free.

For less than £200 including 4 mid caps and shipping I am very, very pleased with it.

Unfortunately they don't have stock:((

47 minutes ago, Ballist1x said:

Unfortunately they don't have stock:((

So you don't have UKARA 😛 Patience :D

Don't ruin an LCT or ICS by two toning it.

If you must have a two tone get a Cyma. They are cheap enough, and it may be easier to remove the paint on them without mucking up the finish.

I was going to buy a two tone too. Glad I waited.

Well sort of: I did my third and qualifying game two weeks ago, and still haven't got an UKARA number.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Don't ruin an LCT or ICS by two toning it.

If you must have a two tone get a Cyma. They are cheap enough, and it may be easier to remove the paint on them without mucking up the finish.

I was going to buy a two tone too. Glad I waited.

Well sort of: I did my third and qualifying game two weeks ago, and still haven't got an UKARA number.

I had the same issue. I phoned the bunker up and they did it on the phone. I found it in my junk email later that day. 

I have phoned three times now Wolf. I can only assume there is a technical problem of some sort.

I am still waiting, checking my emails every couple of hours each day.

I have some things on order with Fire Support and I'm just waiting to pay.

I can vouch for LCT, I've had a few now excellent internals and unsurpassed externals. Good to go out of the box, although I've started fitting MOSFET's now to preserve the trigger contacts and tighten up the trigger response a bit

Have you consider an E&L AK74UN gen 2,  I have one all steel and real wood and it comes with a quick spring change gearbox as well as a prowin style/copy hop unit which gives good air seal.  http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-ak-variants/e-and-l-airsoft-elaks74un-real-wood.htm#.WwCIqaQvzIU

1 hour ago, Sniper780 said:

Have you consider an E&L AK74UN gen 2,  I have one all steel and real wood and it comes with a quick spring change gearbox as well as a prowin style/copy hop unit which gives good air seal.  http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-ak-variants/e-and-l-airsoft-elaks74un-real-wood.htm#.WwCIqaQvzIU

Hi yes but that's whaay over budget I'm afraid:(

Beautiful though!

3 hours ago, NastyAccident said:

I can vouch for LCT, I've had a few now excellent internals and unsurpassed externals. Good to go out of the box, although I've started fitting MOSFET's now to preserve the trigger contacts and tighten up the trigger response a bit

Hmm Interesting. I'm so torn between the two.  But the CYMA is about  £60 cheaper overall.

Like many I'd suggest waiting for your UKARA, however, if you can't wait then I'd suggest picking up the Cyma as a two tone. The main issue with grabbing a two tone is that you're left with a gun covered in very bright paint with virtually no resale value and in most cases it's simply not worth buying the replacement externals to get rid of the two tone once you have your UKARA.

If you're able to hang fire and save up while waiting I'd strongly recommend the LCT as the go to for Eastern Bloc (AK's etc.) weaponry.

Regarding the prices, in most cases you get what you pay for. LCT is, in my opinion, exceptionally well priced for the quality of product you receive.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, FreeFrag.UK said:

Like many I'd suggest waiting for your UKARA, however, if you can't wait then I'd suggest picking up the Cyma as a two tone. The main issue with grabbing a two tone is that you're left with a gun covered in very bright paint with virtually no resale value and in most cases it's simply not worth buying the replacement externals to get rid of the two tone once you have your UKARA.

If you're able to hang fire and save up while waiting I'd strongly recommend the LCT as the go to for Eastern Bloc (AK's etc.) weaponry.

Regarding the prices, in most cases you get what you pay for. LCT is, in my opinion, exceptionally well priced for the quality of product you receive.

I've bought a new cm045 plum in two tone just the folding stock, battery cover and plum grips painted. 

Local guy to me who will make it legal fps etc and says he will respray it after 3 visits/56 days and ukara etc.

I'm going to get a 363mm 6.03 tightbore and a silencer next month i think to round it off and a 9.6v vp racing nimh stick to go with!

Archived