Still waiting for my UKARA number

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I completed my third and qualifying game with First and Only at the Mill on 5 May. My form was stamped and kept with a number of others to be processed by the site manager.

It is now the 16 May and I have not yet received an email with my number.

Should I be worried about this, or do these things sometimes take a couple of weeks to go through?

Give the First and Only shop a call and ask them - Eddie will prob be the guy to speak to

It can take a while, but they will be able to advise if there is a delay

It literally takes 5 mins to enter your details onto the database and generate your UKARA ID number.

As Newsh said, it can take a while when left for them to do it, I took my documents to RoE in Hadleigh and they did it there and then.

Could pop into the shop and pressure them to do it?

Just to add to the above - when they added my brother in law they keyed in his surname wrong and his first order was rejected, so its easy done. Called into the shop and sorted it 5 mins

The shop I have ordered from is too far away for me to just pop in. The gun I am after is not widely available.

I phoned the company HQ earlier and was lucky enough to talk to the boss. He was very sympathetic and has undertaken to expedite the process.

Thanks to you all for the advice.

• Moderators

glad its sorted :)

ive only had one email since November 2017 to say both mine had expired, renewed both, one November one recently in May, only way i was able to check it had gone through was to call Firesupport as you can no longer check online and i believe you dont get an email either (but could be wrong if first time registration??)

Well, hopefully, I'll find out today (more likely tomorrow) whether I have got a number or not.

And that will be after two weeks of waiting. 

I really don't understand why these things aren't processed much faster.

We do live in a computer age after all.

Just now, emilianoksa said:

Well, hopefully, I'll find out today (more likely tomorrow) whether I have got a number or not.

Think yourself lucky you weren't waiting on last years fiasco. Months went by a people couldn't get registered as the system was down.

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Maybe it's gone down again.

If it is, why should it take months to fix it?

It's only a list of names and numbers for God's sake. 

I could host a document on Google Drive and it would be much more stable and secure..

• Supporters
10 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

It's a list of names and number which I strongly suspect is held on a 1.44 MB floppy disk in a 1992 Apple Mac Classic in the flat above a dingy corner shop in Cowdenbeath.

When (not if) the dog eats it, I do rather wonder what will happen.

And if it's down, how are retailers and HMRC verifying numbers?  If they even are, which I rather suspect (on no evidence other than being a suspicious sort) they may not be.

And if not, then, well, I'd never advocate just making up a number and seeing what happens, but it's the retailers' scheme, and up to them to use it (or not use it) for their protection.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

call Firesupport and ask them, i believe they are one of the founding fathers

i called them the other day to check my new one was showing as renewed and had a chat with Frank about it

its not the same 'system' as before

15 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Mine was done at The Mall online in front of me. Took a few minutes in total. 

Your guy obviously has a stack or forms somewhere and cant be arsed to put it all on. Sounds like my admin at work, I have so much to file right now its mad (and hidden in drawers lol)

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

The stuff I am buying is on order at Fire Support. I have told them that I am still waiting.

They haven't suggested anything. Only asked me to let them know when I get my number.

Still no news.

Are you going tomorrow?

• Moderators
8 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

The stuff I am buying is on order at Fire Support. I have told them that I am still waiting.

They haven't suggested anything. Only asked me to let them know when I get my number.

Still no news.

Sounds like the place you attend just needs to get their ass into gear then and send paperwork as mine was done in less than 24hrs first time, now just renewals 

keep the pressure on!!!

• Moderators

Firesupport fill in renewal form, done by monday

gunman charge a £10 admin fee but done almost instantly, well was for me 

Hallelujah!

I've just checked my emails and my number has arrived.

I'm so excited I think I have just deposited a little drop of wee in my underpants.😁

Thanks for all your advice and encouragement lads.

2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

No Wolf.

I'm not prepared to rent any more. I like the JG36c (might even buy one in the future - Gunfire had them in a sales deal recently for only 75 quid - if I'd had my number I would have snapped one up, but they have gone back to their normal price now) but I would like to try something different now.

I've attended three games and from now on I want to play with my own gun. I also want to usea  pistol, and I am waiting to buy one of those too.

I don't blame you to be honest. When you do get sorted, let me know and ill bring my pistols for you to try. I've currently got a TM g18c, TM FN5-7, TM MK23, and a VFC FNX 45 (had a WE glock but it died the other day..)

Archived