Sawfly vs ess

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to swap out my  eyewear from my cheap  nasty nurpol  to something bit more  comfortable and with interchangeable lenses  as  its just easier

Seen the revision  sawflys and ess  one is there any difference. Open suggestions  of any others   do much prefer  a shooting/warp around style. 

I already own mesh onea for cqb but i hate them cant a see my red properly  and   full seal isnt the most comfy thing but they don't fog. So win some  lose some 

I use the Sawfly glasses, and after using all sorts of different eyepro, they are easily best i've used by far. The lenses are a doddle to change too.

For CQB i wear a bump helmet with Balaclava, and i've never had them fog up on me

• Supporters

+1 to ESS ICE. They're fab. 

Bolle SIlium+ are £12.95 at Patrolbase, Own both clear and smoked. Love them, comfy, lightweight, strong as fuck and they don't fog up like goggles, you get a bit of condensation on the inside of the lense, well I do cos I sweat like a horse.

Based one what’s been said I’ve just ordered some ess ice. What wipes/ anti fog do you recommend?

• Supporters

I am yet to try NikWax but I have been told it’s bloody good.

I personally use Rainex Anti Fog wipes from Halfords, I have trade discount so I get them dirt cheap, they have yet to fail on me, and I’m a sweaty pig.

Nikwax is a waterproofing agent and it's shit, used it on my motorcycle jackets (both leather and textile) and it did fuck all.

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Based one what’s been said I’ve just ordered some ess ice. What wipes/ anti fog do you recommend?

I've got a pair and love em.

I've used toothpaste - a light smearing, then buffed off and they're perfect.

8 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

ESS glasses should come with an ESS branded anti-fog cloth. Don’t use any kind of detergent like toothpaste on them, it’ll break down the anti fog coating on the lenses very quickly 

Ah. Oooooops.
Old habits die hard, I guess. Thanks for the heads up!

As did mine! 39 seconds before I left for work.. 😑

• Moderators
On 5/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, jcheeseright said:

ESS glasses should come with an ESS branded anti-fog cloth. Don’t use any kind of detergent like toothpaste on them, it’ll break down the anti fog coating on the lenses very quickly 

agree!...wish i had known as i used some abbey lens cleaner on my V12 clear lens and they started to 'flake' after

fogtech and Abbey anti fog works ok with them

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, Monkman said:

I just picked up a 'used' pair of Sawfly's for £25 inc P&P and they are pristine, and all 3 lenses are perfect.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/sale-items/revision-sawfly-impact-sun-g-1123881.html

Great spot.. bagged me a pair! Probably wont use for Airsoft but will use them for work :)

Uded mine for tgd 1st time. Lenses are great so clear  

Only issues i had was the fact hat they keepp sliding down my nose  as i think there bit large for me head. 

Mine sisnt come with the head strap  would getting  the head strap stop this happening or is it just a heqd strap to keep   the round your neck?

Very happy with mine too. I tried it on sat without a lower mask as I was playing woodland and they remained crystal clear all day. Mine came with a strap. One thing I will say is be careful changing the nose piece when changing lenses. I cracked mine pulling it off. Still works fine, but I found that a little frail. 

23 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Very happy with mine too. I tried it on sat without a lower mask as I was playing woodland and they remained crystal clear all day. Mine came with a strap. One thing I will say is be careful changing the nose piece when changing lenses. I cracked mine pulling it off. Still works fine, but I found that a little frail. 

Theres a knack to chnaging the lenses. Did you use the head strap? Was comfy did tye glasses move on your head at all?

Yeah the head strap was on when I got it and I didn’t bother taking it off. Wasn’t super tight like those bolle glasses, but I didn’t notice any movement. Coverage is great. You’d have to be shot from behind at a very weird angle for anything to get behind the lense

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Yeah the head strap was on when I got it and I didn’t bother taking it off. Wasn’t super tight like those bolle glasses, but I didn’t notice any movement. Coverage is great. You’d have to be shot from behind at a very weird angle for anything to get behind the lense

For he money ill get one and give it a go.   Hopefully stop them falling off

Archived