2 tone question from a newbie and where to use?

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi quick question if I ordered a cm045a and wanted it two tone, does the magazine count towards the percentage of overall paint colour?

As the gun is metal and wood the max if want two toning would be the folding stock, hand grip and also the flash under plus the magazine - which is pretty decent size on this unit.

Also if I wanted to go out target practicing can I go into an empty/desetrd field or are there legalities of where they can and cannot be used?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Ballist1x said:

Hi quick question if I ordered a cm045a and wanted it two tone, does the magazine count towards the percentage of overall paint colour?

As the gun is metal and wood the max if want two toning would be the folding stock, hand grip and also the flash under plus the magazine - which is pretty decent size on this unit.

Also if I wanted to go out target practicing can I go into an empty/desetrd field or are there legalities of where they can and cannot be used?

Thanks

You won't usually get a choice. They'll just 2 tone the bits they can easily paint. You're best of waiting the 56 days and 3 games and do rental until you can get it all black ;)

Oh, and what you really want is the 45C :D:D:D

20180321_175038-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.6cf4ef97e8c1b4184423907d3fdc7924.jpg

• Head Moderator

Two tone is for the actual gun, at least 51% coverage. Magazines do not count.

No you cannot just go out onto a deserted area to practice shooting or play with your gun, there are laws regarding having a gun out in public and shooting on private land.

9 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Two tone is for the actual gun, at least 51% coverage. Magazines do not count.

No you cannot just go out onto a deserted area to practice shooting or play with your gun, there are laws regarding having a gun out in public and shooting on private land.

Thanks I saw this and thought if they did the muzzle flash under instead of the upper wood piece I could get away with that?

Screenshot_20180515_222251.jpg

Okay so they are only legal to use in like designated airsoft sites etc?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Ballist1x said:

Thanks I saw this and thought if they did the muzzle flash under instead of the upper wood piece I could get away with that?

Screenshot_20180515_222251.jpg

Okay so they are only legal to use in like designated airsoft sites etc?

They are a part of the gun, no? Doesn't matter where the paint is. Stock, receiver, handgrip, handguard, muzzle break, etc - As long as it's 51% you're good. 

Backyard shooting is fine as long as you don't shoot the BBs outside of the perimeter. Take into consideration any neighbours that may have windows overlooking your garden. Public property is a no-go. 

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Ballist1x said:

I could get away with that?

You're misunderstanding the legislation.  There is no offence committed by buying or owning a realistic imitation firearm, with or without a defence.  The seller commits the offence, not the buyer.  If you order "two tone", you get whatever the seller consider to be a non-realistic imitation firearm.  If they send you something that's clearly under 50% day-glo, that's entirely on them.

That said, please don't just go out pewing in the local fields with a RIF or even an IF.  It's not likely to end well for either you or for the sport.  An insured skirmish site or properly private land, with permission from the landowner.

• Head Moderator
12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There is no offence committed by buying or owning a realistic imitation firearm, with or without a defence.  The seller commits the offence, not the buyer.  

It may not be applicable to the OP but a child (under 18 years old) cannot legally purchase and IF or RIF, and it is an offense to sell them one (Section 40 VCRA). 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Ballist1x said:

Don't worry I'm 35. I had a desert eaglebbb gun as a kid. 

Remember when you could just walk into any corner shops and buy a BB or even an air pistol with your pocket money?  Then go and shoot a policeman's hat off with it.  The summers were 9 months long, jumpers for goalposts...

Archived