Total Noob That is hooked! Hi Hi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody, hope all is well i'm Mr Corporal Toast, Based in Greater Manchester, (Hyde) to be exact.

always fancied getting into airsoft just never got around to it, went my first game on the Sunday just gone with my friend at the mill Wigan (F&O). 

Anyway after coming away with my ass shot to hell and a bruised/borderline broken knuckle and hefty bruise on the elbow, i think i am hooked, as crazy as it sounds. 

I Am already looking towards the next game, but definitely fancy some protective gear, so any recommendations is a bonus! cant be doing with another black knuckle...

Anyway i Really enjoyed the cqb side...it was hectic experience to say the least... but just about to book with my friend for the Anzio camp next month to see what the its like outdoors.....cant wait!

Hope All is well with everybody anyway hopefully i will get to know a few of yous and see you out in the battlefield.

Got my first stamp and membership with F&O and counting down that UKARA to get my own gun. which i already have in mind haha 

anyway i'm just rambling on now so HI HI HI HI HI BYE BYE BYE .... for now :)

cheers.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

Welcome! I play at the Mill and at Anzio

Make sure you invest in good eye protection for a start, and gloves from the sounds of it :D

Have fun at Anzio, its a great place but its big, you'll get a good workout!

2 hours ago, newsh said:

Welcome! I play at the Mill and at Anzio

Make sure you invest in good eye protection for a start, and gloves from the sounds of it :D

Have fun at Anzio, its a great place but its big, you'll get a good workout!

Thanks for the welcomes people.

Definitely with you on some gloves mate getting shot in the knuckle hurts a lot 😂 

I'm a little stuck on Eyewear though, as I wear prescription glasses. I will need something that goes nicely over the top of those, the mesh masks wasn't fun put it that way. 

Well, you have a choice of Glasses, Goggles, or a full mask.

It depends on what feels comfortable and what can accomodate the need for prescription lenses.

I wear Revision Sawfly glasses, and you can buy an insert that can hold prescription lenses but obviously this will mean some expenses

Most goggles you can prob fit over your glasses and they provide good protection but you may get fogging issues

Full face masks is the other option.

Have a good search on eye protection and if you need any help let us know .

As for gloves - millions of options, many with padded or hard knuckles so you are good there. 

Welcome! 

What aeg have you got your eye on?

For protection, get some gloves. I wear my old summer motorbike gloves as I like having hard knuckle protection. A lot of folk wear mechanix gloves, which look ace too. For eye pro, if you can't/don't want to go down the contact lens route, full face paint ball mask or get inserts for the smaller goggles. I love my revision bullit googles, but I don't think you would be able to get a pair of glasses under them. 

2 hours ago, newsh said:

Well, you have a choice of Glasses, Goggles, or a full mask.

It depends on what feels comfortable and what can accomodate the need for prescription lenses.

I wear Revision Sawfly glasses, and you can buy an insert that can hold prescription lenses but obviously this will mean some expenses

Most goggles you can prob fit over your glasses and they provide good protection but you may get fogging issues

Full face masks is the other option.

Have a good search on eye protection and if you need any help let us know .

As for gloves - millions of options, many with padded or hard knuckles so you are good there. 

I will have to have a gander tonight when I'm back home from work mate. I would probs prefer a full face tbh, I value it ☺ 

Thanks for the help! Really Appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Welcome! 

What aeg have you got your eye on?

For protection, get some gloves. I wear my old summer motorbike gloves as I like having hard knuckle protection. A lot of folk wear mechanix gloves, which look ace too. For eye pro, if you can't/don't want to go down the contact lens route, full face paint ball mask or get inserts for the smaller goggles. I love my revision bullit googles, but I don't think you would be able to get a pair of glasses under them. 

I actually wore my mx gloves mate but they dont have much paddin, mays well of wore nothing. So defo going to grab something else. 

Will need to defo find somewhere with masks and stuff in stock for me to try on if they have display models, suppose it will all fall into place one way or another. 

Guns wise, I took a trip down to patrol base (although masks certainly wasn't on my mind while I first there) and fell in love with the krytac vector and the black rose g&g gr4 g26. Without sounding much like a twat money isn't much of a problem so not to fussed on the price. I regularly do mx/Enduro, downhill mountain biking, pc gaming, 1/5th scale petrol rc...I could literally go on. so I'm use to expensive hobbies  Don't get me wrong though I don't really want to jump straight in to the deep end I'll take my time once I get my first gun. I like to build stuff up over time rather than in one go. 

Thanks for the reply anyway mate ☺ 

5 minutes ago, CorporalToast said:

krytac vector and the black rose g&g gr4 g26

Nice choices! Everyone seems to love Vectors, they are a very unique shape! I'm sure someone more in the know will pop along soon to give you more input into them if you want.

The G&G is absolutely lovely, a regular at my local site plays with one as it's more or less faultless it seems. Can't say I've ever had a problem with my G&G in the year I've had it either :D 

Archived