AwA site?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's worth a visit. I've gone a fair few times over the last few years. They play quite a few mini-game style rounds (capture the fort, defending team gets one life, that kind of thing). And they do extended versions, where the defending team moves back to the next line of defense once hit, so make the main games a bit longer. Not quite your normal '50 minute game, unlimited respawns' type site, it's a bit more paintball-y.

It's pretty much all woodland, but each 'arena' has forts, barricades, ridges and bridges, that kind of stuff. So there's plenty of cover in the woods.

There's normally quite a big playerbase there. And they do decent burgers at lunch.

I'd say just pay it a visit and see what you think. 

• Head Moderator

Try using the search tool, has a 3 character minimum length, and read results.  There is a section called Skirmish Sites, Stories & Reviews, which is a good place to start.

Using search term "awa" finds:

No not my local red 1 is mine...was thinking get out there and have a try  at diff sites, doing mall soon. If work leave us alone one weekend

thanks will read site reviews....:)

Thumbs up from me: Nice woodland site, quote a big play area.  The people who run it are nice, as are the marshals there.  Well worth a visit!

My only grip if I had to find one is the farmers access road.. full of big holes.. (my car does not like........).

matt 

2 hours ago, Greg147 said:

It's worth a visit. I've gone a fair few times over the last few years. They play quite a few mini-game style rounds (capture the fort, defending team gets one life, that kind of thing). And they do extended versions, where the defending team moves back to the next line of defense once hit, so make the main games a bit longer. Not quite your normal '50 minute game, unlimited respawns' type site, it's a bit more paintball-y.

It's pretty much all woodland, but each 'arena' has forts, barricades, ridges and bridges, that kind of stuff. So there's plenty of cover in the woods.

There's normally quite a big playerbase there. And they do decent burgers at lunch.

Thanks Gre?

• Supporters

Well worth a visit if you have only ever been to Red 1. Games are definitely a lot different and more varied. 

The road was repaired last time we visited, if you do want to go @buellagan, let me know when and If I can I’ll tag along and perhaps bring my nutters along too!

If you have any questions, ask away, if I can’t answer them, I know @clumpyedge can.

Thanks  prisce will be looking in a mouth or so as I work sh#t shifts. And yeah will let you know and hook up, mite even shoot a few bods....

6 hours ago, Greg147 said:

Hmmm that sounds fun. I like the idea of one life, makes for interesting tactics. So many people at the Mall rush areas only to get shot and run to and fro from spawn repeating this tactic. They must have some great airsoft acne though.

Like the sound of this sites games.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Well worth a visit if you have only ever been to Red 1. Games are definitely a lot different and more varied. 

The road was repaired last time we visited, if you do want to go @buellagan, let me know when and If I can I’ll tag along and perhaps bring my nutters along too!

If you have any questions, ask away, if I can’t answer them, I know @clumpyedge can.

i may be going there sunday 20 th  with my 2 boys first time there I'm only in poplar east London so not far atb pete

4 hours ago, mattaddiction said:

Thumbs up from me: Nice woodland site, quote a big play area.  The people who run it are nice, as are the marshals there.  Well worth a visit!

My only grip if I had to find one is the farmers access road.. full of big holes.. (my car does not like........).

matt 

Roads been fixed again by our friendly farmer

36 minutes ago, Duff said:

Hmmm that sounds fun. I like the idea of one life, makes for interesting tactics. So many people at the Mall rush areas only to get shot and run to and fro from spawn repeating this tactic. They must have some great airsoft acne though.

Like the sound of this sites games.

Does make things interesting as we try to cater to new players and "seasoned" players to allow everyone to feel like they have gained something from the day and enjoyed it 

6 minutes ago, T5dogz said:

i may be going there sunday 20 th  with my 2 boys first time there I'm only in poplar east London so not far atb pete

I wont be there then as I'm on holiday but you'll usually catch me marshalling there

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

@Prisce or @clumpyedge

Isn't this your local?

I work there

I have only been ounce

The games was interesting and I like the falling back when hit

Only down side is their can be a long walk from main safe zone to game area, We was using a M60 that day and it was a bit of a pain

But I am looking forward to visiting again

just got back from AWA it was the nuts really enjoyed myself the marshals were great the other team mates were brilliant shame I smashed my head capturing the bridge for red team and lost a glock mag but who cares it was well worth it will be back again onece again thanks to all today atb pete 

Archived