Nuprol LiPo L3 charger malfunction? Help.

Belligerent_Honky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, first post! 

Having some trouble with an L3 charger I got today. Charged 3 batteries like a dream, unplugged it and went out. Came home and plugged back in. Tried to attach battery and the connection gave off a small spark. 

Charger now shows only 1 green light when power is on, normally shows all 3. Plugging a battery in gives red lights on cells 1 and 3 but no light at all on cell 3. 

Any advice you can give me?  

Thanks in advance!

Get rid of it ASAP!!!! It killed 4 out of 5 of my batteries...I bought a Imax B6 charger and managed to save them all.

+ I think your charger is now dead..it's only a Cheap piece of crap anywway.

My Nuprol must have malfunctioned as it was ok last year....It was only charging 1 cell, not the 2nd cell of my batteries.  I threw my Nuprol charger in the bin a few days ago.

See this thread...

**Sorry for the huge video..don't know how to make is smaller.. 😮

20180510_161929.jpg

• Supporters

don't use it to charge batteries, charger's lost 2 of it's circuits by the sounds of it and at best will kill your battery.

this is the 5th time i've heard of this happening with these 3-led type chargers, including losing a life battery to mine. bin's the best place for it now.

get an imax b6 ac charger, or equivalent proper charger.

a lipo checker (such as a battery doctor) is also an invaluable tool for making sure your batteries are in good health.

• Supporters

Take it back to where you bought it, ask for a refund, not a replacement, and then invest in an ImaxB6AC. Your batteries will love you forever for it.

Patrol Base sent me a nuprol charger instead of the one I actually ordered and it was a broken piece of crap from the start. PB also then ignored my email asking wtf was going on. Long story short Nuprol chargers are crap get a genuine imax b6 and save yourself all kinds of grief.

• Supporters

No problem mate, its an easy trap to fall into, even i thought i was unlucky till i came on here and started seeing folk having the same problem with the same charger.

Archived