Custom setups

KM-tactical300
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, was thinking the same thing, & if they're not one & the same, maybe they should get a room ;).

seriously though, what kinda eedjits put forward a business idea  on a public forum, which includes your pricing structure, revealing what your markup percentage will be, or so you hope, this isn't dragons den ffs.

if the OP & georgeturner don't like the responses of players with vast experience, fine, just go & do it, prove us wrong.......

I’m just trying to help a friend out and explain things a bit better on his behalf.

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

19yrs this mth so yea I do have a vague idea ! 

Very start of this whole thing you stated as an example £60 for the rig and £30 mark up takes it too £90 , the market you claim to be targeting will NOT spend that on a rig from you . 

Im not ‘hating’ mate I’m simply pointing out that from post 1 to here there have been some very accurate comments from some experianced players that you’ve chosen to ignore or belittle and the ‘business plan’ as you put it has changed dramatically.

Sorry but I have to say that frankly your starting to come across now as bit of a petulant child trying to legitimize there actions after getting caught doing something wrong .

By rig you mean EMERSONGEAR/ TMC jpc? They are worth quite a lot, and could be resold quite easily, a lot of them only come from China and have long delivery times, I don’t know about you but I would prefer to pay a small premium for it to be delivered in the UK, this is exactly like multicam black uniform, it costs so much to get from uk £80/90 but you can get from China for £60

• Supporters

@KM-tactical300

I can see where you're coming from but to be honest continuing this conversation here is becoming a waste of your time. I probably won't buy from you but I know people that would, I say go for it and report back in 6-12 months and let us all know how it goes. 

• Supporters

As Lozart has said , you may as well lock this thread now it’s going nowhere .

i think there’s going to be only one of two possible outcomes ,

one we’re going to see you pull up at a scurmish driving a Lambo 4x4 shouting “check me out losers !” 

Or we’re going to see you on the next series of ‘the sheriff’s are coming’ 

It’s gonna be one or the other ! 

11 hours ago, Tiercel said:

I recently fancied making a belt loadout with those cool MOLLE Blast belts for a lightweight pistols only game, I went into a shop, picked some bits I thought would work, and spent half an hour fiddling with pouch combinations to get it to do what I need to do, job jobbed. 

Lucky you, its taken me 6 months and a dozen games to get set up right haha!!

You’re obviously set on ignoring any feedback and getting pissy and defensive with the first people you’d market your service to (sign of a great CEO so good luck there), so you may as well just do it and watch it sink for yourself. If it works, then I’d be happy for you to prove us wrong.

4 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Lucky you, its taken me 6 months and a dozen games to get set up right haha!!

Still messing about with mine. 

I tend to go for too much, then end up taking off a few pouches.  E.g water bottle isn't much use if you have a full face mask, which you can't take off unless in the safe zone, so might as well leave it in the safe zone.  😅.

22 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Still messing about with mine. 

I tend to go for too much, then end up taking off a few pouches.  E.g water bottle isn't much use if you have a full face mask, which you can't take off unless in the safe zone, so might as well leave it in the safe zone.  😅.

I used to be like that.

Also used to swap and change my vest and belts for each game, got really annoying.

Now I have a CQB belt set up and an outdoor rig and thats it.

Although new guns now mean I have to adapt set ups a little so back to the start with it all haha

Just to throw in my 2 pence.

As it stands your original post, and therefore concept, along with many of your replies have failed to successfully outline any form of a coherent business idea. This falls down to a mixture of factors but the main culprit for this downfall lies with poor English skills. If you intend to pitch a business, especially a professional business, which relies heavily on customer interaction and high quality customer service then English language skills are an absolute necessity. Thus far this appears to be an area of weakness.

Outside of offering pre-made set ups for load bearing equipment how do you intend to sustain your business? Would you sell the equipment individually through your shop/website? In which case how do you intend utilise the information gaps you're so eager to take advantage of and abuse? Surely as soon as a prospective client views your webstore or visits your shop this would defeat the idea before it even gets off the ground? Or would you artificially inflate the prices of all instore items? In which case you'd very quickly put yourself out of business simply by overcharging in all areas.

You mention a perceived gap in the market later in the thread when it comes to those who have not long entered into the hobby and the more seasoned players. Without any statistical data I'd be inclined to argue that this "gap" which you've perceived simply doesn't exist. Your business idea seems to rely entirely upon a client being uninformed but if someone is going to pursue airsoft as a hobby they will quickly be fed vast amounts of information by one of the most helpful communities I've ever seen in a hobby/sport. Hell a couple of weeks ago there was a lad at my local field who was tweaking a pistol load out but he was struggling to find comfortable locations for his pouches. As a direct result of this he walked away with referrals to a handful of sources for quality battle belts and also suggestions for alternative pouch locations before making any purchases to see if relocating worked prior to spending more cash.

As many have already clearly stated, load bearing equipment set ups are tailored to the individual but achieving a comfortable set up takes time and experimentation. This is an area which your proposed "service" cannot address.

I've no doubt that there are those in the market you might be able to prey upon but the upshot of this is that you will only add to the notion that airsoft is a prohibitively expensive hobby/sport for the majority of people.

• Supporters

Very succinctly put matey , well said indeed . 

Criteria for success:

1)  Equal or slightly cheaper than UK shops but can be more expensive than Chinese imports. Profits depend on  wholesale prices.  I would say 40% markup is too high.

2) Good/slick website with lots of pics and maybe an option to pic and mix with preview of selections.

3) Positive customer feedback is critical to get this kind of business off the ground.  This kind of market will depend more on new customers than returning ones.  Shipping and returns will have to be dealt with efficiently.

Get all that right and it could be a winner...

Archived