Custom setups

KM-tactical300
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

So what's the target market, players who are too busy or too lazy to actually take a little time to search the net, cross referencing forums & sale site to find what they think they need ?.

if its the former, then they're prob too busy to actually play, & if its the latter then maybe they should rethink whether a physical sport like airsoft, stick to low impact/exertion sports like tiddlywinks ;) 

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:39, Tackle said:

So what's the target market, players who are too busy or too lazy to actually take a little time to search the net, cross referencing forums & sale site to find what they think they need ?.

if its the former, then they're prob too busy to actually play, & if its the latter then maybe they should rethink whether a physical sport like airsoft, stick to low impact/exertion sports like tiddlywinks ;) 

Target audience is people trying to replicate a certain loadout etc, say UKSF impression but don’t have the time to gather all of the pieces for themselves. Also, will be cheaper than if they sourced all of the pouches and carrier themselves.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Yh mate spot on that’s definitely a targetable market🤦‍♂️😂 course not, pre made setups that maybe could be redesigned to look like movie outfits is defiantly something you could sell!!

Woah who’s this George turner guy he knows what he’s on about, plus his loadout is on a different level... I’d listen to him guys 👈🏻😂

16 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Yh mate spot on that’s definitely a targetable market🤦‍♂️😂 course not, pre made setups that maybe could be redesigned to look like movie outfits is defiantly something you could sell!!

Woah who’s this George turner guy he knows what he’s on about, plus his loadout is on a different level... I’d listen to him guys 👈🏻😂

Thanks KM you clearly know a good loadout when you see one😂😂

No.

6 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

No.

What?

what kind of reply is that? Never have I seen something so pointless and meaningless.

17 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Never have I seen something so pointless and meaningless.

.....indeed..

36 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

What?

what kind of reply is that? Never have I seen something so pointless and meaningless.

It’s  a simple “no I wouldn’t use your business, no I don’t think it’ll take off, no I don’t think it’s a good idea,  no it won’t make any money” kind of no.

Remember gear is half the fun. Your business model is the gear equivalent of paying a 40% higher game day fee to let someone else play for you while you sit in the safezone all day, then go home.

5 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

It’s  a simple “no I wouldn’t use your business, no I don’t think it’ll take off, no I don’t think it’s a good idea,  no it won’t make any money”.

Remember gear is half the fun. Your business model is the gear equivalent of paying a 40% higher game day fee to let someone else play for you while you sit in the safezone all day, then go home.

No it wasn’t that at all, your comment didn’t add to the discussion nor did it help the OP at all. 

OP wants to buy things at a wholesale price, he doesn’t want to sell anything more than retail. He wants to sell things as a bundle which may seem more attractive and save players time. You can’t compare it to paying someone to play for you as the core aspect of Airsoft is playing. 

• Supporters

This idea will never work , the players who are too lazy/busy to do it them selves either can’t or won’t lay out the money you’d be expecting for your service , and are more than likely to just pick up a second hand rig off the forums as theres a very good chance there not the type of player who even knows what they want from a rig , they just think “I want a rig , ooh that looks cool I’ll by that one !”

the ones who do know what they want and could afford the price you’ll be charging will definitely not be prepared to pay some one to do it for them , they’ll  just go to site like TaiwanGun put an order together for everything they want and spend an hr or so putting the rig together (like I and several friends have on numerous occasions) 

sorry matey but your idea will NEVER take off . 

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

This idea will never work , the players who are too lazy/busy to do it them selves either can’t or won’t lay out the money you’d be expecting for your service , and are more than likely to just pick up a second hand rig off the forums as theres a very good chance there not the type of player who even knows what they want from a rig , they just think “I want a rig , ooh that looks cool I’ll by that one !”

the ones who do know what they want and could afford the price you’ll be charging will definitely not be prepared to pay some one to do it for them , they’ll  just go to site like TaiwanGun put an order together for everything they want and spend an hr or so putting the rig together (like I and several friends have on numerous occasions) 

Your acting like there’s no level of player in between newbies and pros, people see well put together plate carrier set up, they buy, simple. Do u have any idea how many people play airsoft and are unsure on what to wear, it will help them decide, it’s just another addition to airsoft stop hating matey

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Most likely would take off, using TMC/Emerson and other decent Chinese brands it could work. What UK retailer sells a TMC JPC? People are more likely to pay a premium for a product that is being shipped from the UK rather than waiting months from China. People are failing to realise that patrolbase do exactly this and make a PROFIT.

The OP isn’t charging more than retail to put a bundle together as he will buy at a wholesale price! This business model could work with some effort and some thought outside of the box. 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

No it wasn’t that at all, your comment didn’t add to the discussion nor did it help the OP at all. 

OP wants to buy things at a wholesale price, he doesn’t want to sell anything more than retail. He wants to sell things as a bundle which may seem more attractive and save players time. You can’t compare it to paying someone to play for you as the core aspect of Airsoft is playing. 

Actually mate from my perspective Ash is spot on , very first post he says he wants a 40% profit mark up! So what I’ve said is equally accurate . 

Edit , “wait mths from China” you get it from TG and weapon762 in under 5 days so there’s that argument shot down in flames as well I’m afraid ! 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, KM-tactical300 said:

1 hour ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Thanks KM you clearly know a good loadout when you see one😂😂

@Georgeturner2001 you are @KM-tactical300 and I claim my £5!

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Actually mate from my perspective Ash is spot on , very first post he says he wants a 40% profit mark up! So what I’ve said is equally accurate . 

From a wholesale price, not from retail.

You’d think maybe I’d know a little bit more about what the OP intially meant considering me and him have spoken aboht this on numerous occasions.

He may have worded it correctly, I’m just trying to help him out and sort out any misunderstandings.

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

Send me your PayPal I’ll get it Straight over to you😉

joking aside, @KM-tactical300 is someone I’ve played Airsoft with for a few years so just tryna help him out.

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Edit , “wait mths from China” you get it from TG and weapon762 in under 5 days so there’s that argument shot down in flames as well I’m afraid ! 

Weapon762 when they have anything in stock, that’s a fair point but if the OP is selling things at the same prices why buy from them? 

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Edit , you get it from TG and weapon762 in under 5 days so there’s that argument shit down in flames as well ! 

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Edit , you get it from TG and weapon762 in under 5 days so there’s that argument shit down in flames as well ! 

So you’ve never seen someone sell a loadout bundle second hand? it’s the exact same idea but on a website with more selection. 

• Supporters
On 5/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, KM-tactical300 said:

We will charge approximately 40% extra in order make profit. 

Were is the ambiguity in this statement ? 

Were is the ambiguity in this statement ? 

Fair enough I can see how you’d come to your conclusion but OP means wholesale price. 

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Your acting like there’s no level of player in between newbies and pros, people see well put together plate carrier set up, they buy, simple. Do u have any idea how many people play airsoft and are unsure on what to wear, it will help them decide, it’s just another addition to airsoft stop hating matey

19yrs this mth so yea I do have a vague idea ! 

Very start of this whole thing you stated as an example £60 for the rig and £30 mark up takes it too £90 , the market you claim to be targeting will NOT spend that on a rig from you . 

Im not ‘hating’ mate I’m simply pointing out that from post 1 to here there have been some very accurate comments from some experianced players that you’ve chosen to ignore or belittle and the ‘business plan’ as you put it has changed dramatically.

Sorry but I have to say that frankly your starting to come across now as bit of a petulant child trying to legitimize there actions after getting caught doing something wrong .

19yrs this mth so yea I do have a vague idea ! 

Very start of this whole thing you stated as an example £60 for the rig and £30 mark up takes it too £90 , the market you claim to be targeting will NOT spend that on a rig from you . 

Im not ‘hating’ mate I’m simply pointing out that from post 1 to here there have been some very accurate comments from some experianced players that you’ve chosen to ignore or belittle and the ‘business plan’ as you put it has changed dramatically.

Sorry pal but frankly your starting to come across as bit of a petulant child trying to legitimize there actions after getting caught doing something wrong .

Just FYI I’m not part of this business plan but I do understand what the OP is trying to convey and it has been Misconstrued a little. The idea itself is plausible and could work out in my eyes.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Lol, was thinking the same thing, & if they're not one & the same, maybe they should get a room ;).

seriously though, what kinda eedjits put forward a business idea  on a public forum, which includes your pricing structure, revealing what your markup percentage will be, or so you hope, this isn't dragons den ffs.

if the OP & georgeturner don't like the responses of players with vast experience, fine, just go & do it, prove us wrong.......

This idea is bad and you should feel bad. 

Nobody is going to pay you a ridiculous amount of money to "put a custom loadout together for them", are you trying to be the Gok Wan of airsoft? "Oh DARLING, ACU is SO out this season, and MTP makes you look fat, sweetcheeks its ALL about the CADPat this season! Though I do hear tigerstripe is making a comeback later this year"

Customising your own gear and tweaking it to suit your own needs is a personal choice and not something you need, or want, a "pro" to do for you. 

I recently fancied making a belt loadout with those cool MOLLE Blast belts for a lightweight pistols only game, I went into a shop, picked some bits I thought would work, and spent half an hour fiddling with pouch combinations to get it to do what I need to do, job jobbed. 

Why not just all agree it’s a great idea, offer words of encouragement and wait for the inevitable failure? There’s 4 pages of reasons why it won’t work, but that’s not what he/they want to hear.. 

Archived