Custom setups

KM-tactical300
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

There are actually people that do that and get paid to put Ikea furniture together.  I am an expert on assembly of Billy bookcases.

There are indeed , my nephew for one he’s a fully qualified chippy but makes an absolute killing put IKEA together for posh millennials who haven’t got a fecking clue what to do ! Little shit that he is , no one pays me to do it !  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Not something that would interest me at all and I doubt there's a market for it on a scale where you could make even a small profit. 

Give it a shot though if you think it's the next big thing. You've got your user input so take it or leave it..

• Supporters
1 hour ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Was kinda hoping for some optimism and motivation, and I totally agree my guy, my new naval JPC with fixed Velcro’s pouches arrived today so it’s anoter option, also I’m not doing this so people don’t have to fit their own molle🤦‍♂️😂 it’s a cool idea where people can gather ideas and if they like the look of it they can order it 

Sorry pal but that simple statement even more convinces me that your either A;  a  kid being a troll (but don’t think it’s half term any where) B; your an Asian retailer trying to get in too the UK market (best of luck with that!) or C; you do genuinely believe this is a good idea ! Unfortunately whichever you are you most definitely are going no where fast .

50 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

And the fact that every set of instructions say 30 minutes but it takes 6 hrs. 

Only thing worse is Lego.

I fucking LOVE lego... 😛 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I fucking LOVE lego... 😛 

Haha me too! I don't care what anyone says. Lego is awesome! I just wish I had more space to store it.

I ordered this last week: https://bit.ly/2IdNxb2. It's going right on my desk at home. 

Nope, a completely dumb idea.

You don't have a brick and mortar store or a registered business, doubt you will be purchasing any level of stock at trade prices...Now, if you are designing and producing your own gear in house and retailing it, you might have some interest.

I really shouldn't be encouraging but meh

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

That is not lego that is fucking blasphemy 

At least it's not Mega Bloks! 

I've spent so much on Lego I'm quite happy to go with the knock offs when there's a cool model I want to build at 1/5 the price. :D

Apply this idea to another context and you will see why you are getting the responses you are. Imagine heading down to your local supermarket and suddenly, some random bawbag comes up to you and says "I'll pick up all ye shopping and put them in carrier bags for ya and leave it at the till for you to pay. Just pay me an extra 40% of the cost of your shopping". The fact that you want 40% more for getting a few bits together and weaving a bit of MOLLE, which will almost definitely just get picked apart and rearranged on receipt, is laughable.

The only time I have seen something like this work is when UKTactical offer "premade" setups, such as their 5.56 Warrior DCS carrier (comes with a few 5.56 pouches and utility pouches or something), or their similar belt setups. The reason they would sell is because they were considerably cheaper than buying it all separately. Not because they put a 40% mark up on it. Even then, UKTactical almost always have either a 10% or 20% discount code active to bring the cost down further - it is rarer to see their stock at normal price.

Furthermore, the DCS is also not some random unbranded or cloned carrier from China and UKTactical/Warrior Assault Systems are very highly reputable companies. A 40% increase for a Chinese JPC and couple of pouches will not be popular. You would have to order in large quantities to even get a small discount from a supplier, which would be a massive investment.

There are very few money making options for those looking to start an airsoft business. Good examples include services people actually need/want, such as bespoke Kydex holsters or 3D printed parts. Adding a triple M4 pouch to a plate carrier at a higher price when you could just use the search bar and add those two items to your basket on any other website is not a good example.

Long story short; it will only work if you are working for the airsoft community, instead of milking them for considerably more money than required. Majority are on a tight budget as it is.

As aforementioned, kit buying is usually two-stage. Cheap China crap -> Gucci gear. Very few will opt for a "bundle of cheap China crap at a higher price" between those stages. Unless you happen to draw in a brand new player with more money than usual, that is. It is already bad enough with UK companies importing a $20 plate carrier and then listing them for £50, or something like that. 

Personally, I would not buy a premade setup. A big part of airsoft for me is customising my gear to my exact specifications and I doubt you would stock much that is desirable, because the Gucci side can be picky and expensive.

I have given my opinion, which I rarely do, but it is 5:48am and I can't get back to sleep. By now, you may notice that it is not a particularly popular idea, judging from these responses. Take all this on board because, to put it simply, AF-UK is one of the last places made up of genuine and decent airsoft players; you would probably be laughed out of an airsoft Facebook community, for instance (after a considerable amount of piss-taking with no real feedback).

If an airsofter wants a bundle setup, they will most likely just go to the classifieds and buy a second hand setup for much cheaper than it would all cost brand new.

Best of luck.

Edit: To be honest, if I saw this service a few years ago, I would use it. Just not how you would expect. I would browse the premade setups and then just Google the individual components and buy then elsewhere for cheaper, assuming I saw something I liked. 

Unfortunately, this is just a service that pretty much no one in the airsoft community has actively requested.

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

What a crock of shit, nobody generally knows straight off where they want their pouches etc, its usually a trial & error deal, learnt while actually using the kit.

As for you KM-tactical300, why are you asking for opinions when your not prepared to listen to the answers ?, clearly your doomed to fail lol

image.jpg

I moved my pouches around a few times even before my first skirmish, and a few times after.

As a newish player to airsoft I am probably closer to your target demographic, but I doubt I would have used a service like this.  A few people might go for this, but not enough to make this a viable long term business.

Part of the fun was researching and working out what I would need.  Bought some stuff I probably don't need, but it was cheap from China and I can always sell on eBay.

Before the era of Amazon and eBay this might have stood a better chance.

I think you got some good market feedbback here, before committing to spending loads of money.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead.

Cheers

G

8 hours ago, L3wisD said:

The hassle of ordering from China?

Apart from the delay in waiting for it to arrive, it's no more laborious than ordering from Amazon.

But please, if you have an East India Co. esque gateway to the Far East with which to spoil us simple UK airsofters, don't let us stop you.

As others have said, I (and I'm sure others) have spent hours fiddling with Molle to try it on and go "fuck, just needs to be one row lower" etc which makes it pointless to consider buying a pre "assembled" plate carrier and pouches.

Your best bet is to target newbies and chavs migrating from CoD who don't know that A) you can get better, cheaper kit from Poland B) how much fiddling it fuckin takes to get set up nicely.

It doesn’t even have to be premade but it can just come as a package, if on our website people like how it looks because we will model it in our airsoft gear they can just order certain parts I think it’s a good idea 

Just now, KM-tactical300 said:

It doesn’t even have to be premade but it can just come as a package, if on our website people like how it looks because we will model it in our airsoft gear they can just order certain parts I think it’s a good idea 

Ok ordering from China can be a haste if that item only comes from China hence why you ordered it, now if we can source these items but have them shipped in the uk with faster shipping, people are willing to pay a little more for the time convenience 

6 hours ago, The broadsman said:

Nope, a completely dumb idea.

You don't have a brick and mortar store or a registered business, doubt you will be purchasing any level of stock at trade prices...Now, if you are designing and producing your own gear in house and retailing it, you might have some interest.

I really shouldn't be encouraging but meh

What other website will let you design, create and see a plate carrier set up before you order it to see if it looks good ? If there is one I’ve never heard of it! 

1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Apply this idea to another context and you will see why you are getting the responses you are. Imagine heading down to your local supermarket and suddenly, some random bawbag comes up to you and says "I'll pick up all ye shopping and put them in carrier bags for ya and leave it at the till for you to pay. Just pay me an extra 40% of the cost of your shopping". The fact that you want 40% more for getting a few bits together and weaving a bit of MOLLE, which will almost definitely just get picked apart and rearranged on receipt, is laughable.

The only time I have seen something like this work is when UKTactical offer "premade" setups, such as their 5.56 Warrior DCS carrier (comes with a few 5.56 pouches and utility pouches or something), or their similar belt setups. The reason they would sell is because they were considerably cheaper than buying it all separately. Not because they put a 40% mark up on it. Even then, UKTactical almost always have either a 10% or 20% discount code active to bring the cost down further - it is rarer to see their stock at normal price.

Furthermore, the DCS is also not some random unbranded or cloned carrier from China and UKTactical/Warrior Assault Systems are very highly reputable companies. A 40% increase for a Chinese JPC and couple of pouches will not be popular. You would have to order in large quantities to even get a small discount from a supplier, which would be a massive investment.

There are very few money making options for those looking to start an airsoft business. Good examples include services people actually need/want, such as bespoke Kydex holsters or 3D printed parts. Adding a triple M4 pouch to a plate carrier at a higher price when you could just use the search bar and add those two items to your basket on any other website is not a good example.

Long story short; it will only work if you are working for the airsoft community, instead of milking them for considerably more money than required. Majority are on a tight budget as it is.

As aforementioned, kit buying is usually two-stage. Cheap China crap -> Gucci gear. Very few will opt for a "bundle of cheap China crap at a higher price" between those stages. Unless you happen to draw in a brand new player with more money than usual, that is. It is already bad enough with UK companies importing a $20 plate carrier and then listing them for £50, or something like that. 

Personally, I would not buy a premade setup. A big part of airsoft for me is customising my gear to my exact specifications and I doubt you would stock much that is desirable, because the Gucci side can be picky and expensive.

I have given my opinion, which I rarely do, but it is 5:48am and I can't get back to sleep. By now, you may notice that it is not a particularly popular idea, judging from these responses. Take all this on board because, to put it simply, AF-UK is one of the last places made up of genuine and decent airsoft players; you would probably be laughed out of an airsoft Facebook community, for instance (after a considerable amount of piss-taking with no real feedback).

If an airsofter wants a bundle setup, they will most likely just go to the classifieds and buy a second hand setup for much cheaper than it would all cost brand new.

Best of luck.

Edit: To be honest, if I saw this service a few years ago, I would use it. Just not how you would expect. I would browse the premade setups and then just Google the individual components and buy then elsewhere for cheaper, assuming I saw something I liked. 

Unfortunately, this is just a service that pretty much no one in the airsoft community has actively requested.

Ok i only read the first paragraph of your bible but the extra 40% will be what you normally pay from any big retailer🤦‍♂️ We would sell an entire setup for £90 where you could go to Taiwan gun and buy it all individually for £90. 😂 I’m not adding extra 40% to stick on a few molles that’s retarded...

8 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Ok ordering from China can be a haste if that item only comes from China hence why you ordered it, now if we can source these items but have them shipped in the uk with faster shipping, people are willing to pay a little more for the time convenience 

What other website will let you design, create and see a plate carrier set up before you order it to see if it looks good ? If there is one I’ve never heard of it! 

Ok i only read the first paragraph of your bible but the extra 40% will be what you normally pay from any big retailer🤦‍♂️ We would sell an entire setup for £90 where you could go to Taiwan gun and buy it all individually for £90. 😂 I’m not adding extra 40% to stick on a few molles that’s retarded...

We would make money because a registered business can apply for trade price and get better deals

36 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Ok i only read the first paragraph of your bible

Requests feedback, does not read it. Maybe you will make a good airsoft company afterall 🙄

Did you want actual feedback, or just praise?

Regarding your "I will sell it all for £90 or they can buy it individually for £90" thing (loosely quoted), you are forgetting something important, which is covered in the second part of my "Bible" which you didn't bother reading. Retailers are always having promotions and discount codes. That £90 will very often be reduced drastically, whereas yours will stay £90 (assuming you manage to source everything cheap enough to make a 40% profit).

I will keep this one short.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
52 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Ok i only read the first paragraph of your bible

Then you're an idiot and I urge all other members on here to leave you to it.

>Ask for feedback

>Recieve feedback

>Gets shitty when he realises we aren't all falling over ourselves over his terrible idea.

56 minutes ago, KM-tactical300 said:

Yea, as already stated (buy me and others) there are websites that do this already at a discount over buying the parts individually. Unlike your idea where it costs the same 

• Supporters

Troll end of ! 

• Supporters

What next ?, we had pimp my gun, the app allowing us to picture a gun from numerous parts of every other gun......... Maybe the OP should use the same software & create "PIMP YOUR VEST/PC", & then offer to put together your finished design........it'll look great on the laptop, but will be shite on the battlefield........can't believe we're still feeding this thread........or are we trolling the troll ?

On 5/13/2018 at 1:09 AM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Spend two days building a ghostbusters firehouse at xmas then have your 7yr old pass you another model of over 2000 pieces and say "this one next" and see if you still do.

I would gladly have come over and built them for you :) 

It's a reasonable idea for hobby.

It's a bad idea for a business.

Not sure about everyone else but I probably buy 2-4 RIFs to every 1 plate carrier - you'd be better off doing what half the guys in the classifieds do; same principle but with RIFs: 

Buy a gun, paint it, add a few grips and change the stock and call it "upgraded", "custom" or "unique", then bang whatever markup you want on it.

^This is a better business model.

Still a shoddy one, but better.

On 5/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Duff said:

That is 100% a better idea then the OP's busines concept/proposal! Even just for fun as a free app that ran ads, it would stand to make him way more money and he'd probably have to do a whole lot less molle weaving. I mean, what sort of psychopath actually enjoys weaving molle anyway let alone offers to do it for other people. I threw my plate carrier down the stairs twice before I was finsihed and I haven't even skirmished in the bastard thing yet!?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ No no no no, the business idea isn’t to weave molle for others, do people really think that, it’s to create, sell and buy second hand / New plate carriers which are already modified, my nee NJPC arrived the other day it looks shit on its own, I put all the accessories on, if I sore that as opose to a plain plate carrier, it looks a lot more tempting to buy. It’s just another site people could use there’s tonnes of stuff like this already out there, we are just here to improve it 

• Supporters

Lol, so you "improve" on what other websites offer (which is based upon your perception of what would be an improvement), & then charge us 40% more......are you fuckin deluded ?

how can you quote an example fixed price of £90, what if customers don't want the the specific items your offering, in order to meet their needs your gonna have to charge more, & at some point your customer will shop around & find they can pick it up for 40% less.

give up now before you lose any money......

image.jpg

I have read most of the thread, not all so I may be talking nonsense here (surely not you say!!)

But it may work.... Yeah people are caught up on the 40% mark up, but thats normal. I know of restaurants that go for a 70% mark up as standard and we are happy enough to eat out rather than make our own food!!

IF the poster gets the idea right, and can order in bulk and get enough of a retailers discount then putting a mark up on HIS cost price (NOT the retail we would pay) he may be able to get the pricing right. 

I like the idea of copying loadouts or film inspired set ups, theres a wicked french site which does this already, Expendables, jurrasic world, plus all the major armies etc its a nifty idea.

My main concern is the fact most people already into the hobby wont bother with this idea as we know and want a system set up for us. I have more than enough pouches I was convinced I needed that got one use or didnt even make it onto a rig/vest that are now sitting in a box in the garage. The point of modular systems is to make it our own and as our game play and weapons change, the pouches need changing too.

Having a rig made for me even when I was first into airsoft does not appeal, I liked the hunting around for different gear but that may just be me.

So while I like the idea and dont think it necessarily warrants the bashing it has got  I think its likely not worth pursuing but im glad people are thinking about different airsoft business ideas

• Supporters

The OP has got  a bashing because he asked for opinions on a business model he has in mind, & then refused to accept constructive criticism on his ideas, if he thinks he knows better then he should just do it, & reap the rewards lol.

image.jpg

Theres been a misunderstanding here, he’s not saying he’s charging 40% more than retail he means 40% more than wholesale price! Clearly he hasn’t made that clear but I don’t think that is warrant of the constant bashing.

People love to jump on the bandwagon😴

On 5/14/2018 at 11:48 AM, callumbagshaw said:

It's a reasonable idea for hobby.

It's a bad idea for a business.

Not sure about everyone else but I probably buy 2-4 RIFs to every 1 plate carrier - you'd be better off doing what half the guys in the classifieds do; same principle but with RIFs: 

Buy a gun, paint it, add a few grips and change the stock and call it "upgraded", "custom" or "unique", then bang whatever markup you want on it.

^This is a better business model.

Still a shoddy one, but better.

Thanks bro, u completely see where I’m coming from 

Archived