Custom setups

KM-tactical300
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Me and friend both experienced Airsoft players have came up with the idea to create an Airsoft store like no other!

The idea: we will have a store with premade platecarrier setups with all of your milsim/skirmish requirements ready for battle! 

We we will order stock to our home, assemble the product: (JPC + ferro dangler + assault panel + extra mag pouches for example)..... assemble and package up ready to ship to customers ASAP. 

We will charge approximately 40% extra in order make profit. However this way people can browse our selection and purchase premade setups if they aren’t experienced enough to assemble or find each individual part themselves, or if you like the look of it!

If demand increases we have planned out how to expand and we would like to add a (create a class) type section where people can create their very own plate carriers.

we would add clothing section full of the most requested items as well as a limited edition section 

We have multiple marketing strategies to increase awareness and I personally believe our competition with larger stores is quite low as what we are offering is a service and an innovative new way to buy!

Who likes the idea ??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

It’ll crash and burn , airsofters are a fickle bunch (as you’d know if your as experienced as you claim) just don’t see any market for what your proposing and even more so with 40% mark up on the price of the original product costs .   

Thank you for the suggestion, Airsoft is only getting bigger and people are only buying more into I have seen it myself, the 40% markup isn’t a durastic as it seems, if the entire setup costs us £60 for example we make sell for £90, margins are low but you need it to keep business flowing 

Where we source the items from will be wholesale if you want to go through the hastle of ordering from China go ahead, we provide a service : website, labour of assembling, shipping, storage, customer service, we are providing reasonable pricing, also in Airsoft there is an information gap not so many people are in key with what things are worth so you can sort of get away with it, thanks.

• Head Moderator

No,  the mark up for one is too high.  New players especially buy cheap china crap because they do not want to spend the money, or do not know where to look.  You do have a target market but whether a viable business, not so sure. For the premium (your profit) of pre-made, they could possibly get kit from a recommended retailer. Those that can be bothered to do a bit of research or ask questions on this forum will save money and learn how to attach molle. Time is another factor, players hate waiting so you will need to carry stock or be exceptionally fast.

• Supporters

Isnt the whole point of molle that you put stuff where you want as an individual? Kinda defeats the purpose to do so as a business.

Folk who are happy with a pre-made rig will just use a pre-made rig, and people who use molle are just going to build it themselves.

The only way i can see this working is if you did bundles of stuff for specific loadouts, like replica movie loadouts. But even then it'd be a stretch to suggest it as a successful business idea.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:15, Jedi_Master said:

No,  the mark up for one is too high.  New players especially buy cheap china crap because they do not want to spend the money, or do not know where to look.  You do have a target market but whether a viable business, not so sure. For the premium (your profit) of pre-made, they could possibly get kit from a recommended retailer. Those that can be bothered to do a bit of research or ask questions on this forum will save money and learn how to attach molle.

I don’t think people are understanding, we are not over charging at all that 40% was an example but it will be for your average retail price but as a whole as if you orders all the individual parts for example 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:18, Adolf Hamster said:

Isnt the whole point of molle that you put stuff where you want as an individual? Kinda defeats the purpose to do so as a business.

Folk who are happy with a pre-made rig will just use a pre-made rig, and people who use molle are just going to build it themselves.

The only way i can see this working is if you did bundles of stuff for specific loadouts, like replica movie loadouts. But even then it'd be a stretch to suggest it as a successful business idea.

Thank you, don’t forget it’s all in concept🙏🏻

You mean like uk tactical do with warrior stuff? Where you can buy and kit for specific weapons? And the price is cheaper than buying the individual pieces? 

There’s only really 2 markets for airsoft gear. Cheap and gucci.. the ones who want the cheap stuff will go and browse Taiwangun or similar to find a cheap PC or vest and the cheapest pouches they can find.. then the Gucci people with the £150+ plate carriers who are generally experienced players and will easily tailor their own. The people buying the cheap gear won’t pay any extra for you to fit something because they want the best price, and the Gucci guys won’t want china stuff. 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

There’s only really 2 markets for airsoft gear. Cheap and gucci.. the ones who want the cheap stuff will go and browse Taiwangun or similar to find a cheap PC or vest and the cheapest pouches they can find.. then the Gucci people with the £150+ plate carriers who are generally experienced players and will easily tailor their own. The people buying the cheap gear won’t pay any extra for you to fit something because they want the best price, and the Gucci guys won’t want china stuff. 

This. 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Lets be honest anyone who is too stupid to thread their own molle shouldn't be allowed to play with even a toy gun anyway.

Honestly can't see a market beyond the first few gullible idiots who jump on anything that seems new.

• Supporters

https://goo.gl/images/g5Rd5f

think it’s safe to say ? 

• Supporters

What a crock of shit, nobody generally knows straight off where they want their pouches etc, its usually a trial & error deal, learnt while actually using the kit.

As for you KM-tactical300, why are you asking for opinions when your not prepared to listen to the answers ?, clearly your doomed to fail lol

image.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, KM-tactical300 said:

if you want to go through the hastle of ordering from China go ahead

The hassle of ordering from China?

Apart from the delay in waiting for it to arrive, it's no more laborious than ordering from Amazon.

But please, if you have an East India Co. esque gateway to the Far East with which to spoil us simple UK airsofters, don't let us stop you.

As others have said, I (and I'm sure others) have spent hours fiddling with Molle to try it on and go "fuck, just needs to be one row lower" etc which makes it pointless to consider buying a pre "assembled" plate carrier and pouches.

Your best bet is to target newbies and chavs migrating from CoD who don't know that A) you can get better, cheaper kit from Poland B) how much fiddling it fuckin takes to get set up nicely.

Well, as others said, it's a bad idea.

Weaving a pouch onto a PC isn't rocket science, and where to put that pouch comes down to personal preference..

Also the "trend" is moving away from molle towards fixed pouches rigs (much lighter and slicker than molle stuff)..

But maybe we're all wrong and you'll make a lot of money 😂

Edit: making loadouts based on movies/pictures/books won't work either, I know a few people who have spent a lot of time and resources to gather all the correct pieces, according to them spending that time and money is 50% of their fun.

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

It’ll crash and burn , airsofters are a fickle bunch (as you’d know if your as experienced as you claim) just don’t see any market for what your proposing and even more so with 40% mark up on the price of the original product costs .   

1 minute ago, Skara said:

Well, as others said, it's a bad idea.

Weaving a pouch onto a PC isn't rocket science, and where to put that pouch comes down to personal preference..

Also the "trend" is moving away from molle towards fixed pouches rigs (much lighter and slicker than molle stuff)..

But maybe we're all wrong and you'll make a lot of money 😂

Was kinda hoping for some optimism and motivation, and I totally agree my guy, my new naval JPC with fixed Velcro’s pouches arrived today so it’s anoter option, also I’m not doing this so people don’t have to fit their own molle🤦‍♂️😂 it’s a cool idea where people can gather ideas and if they like the look of it they can order it 

The only thing you can do is give it a shot and see if it pays off. You won't know unless you try.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pitch my idea on dragons den:

IKEA furniture that I build for the customer.

(Probably make a killing on that to be fair! 😂)

12 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The only thing you can do is give it a shot and see if it pays off. You won't know unless you try.

(Probably make a killing on that to be fair! 😂)

you would lose all your profits smashing up your tools in frustration!

• Head Moderator
17 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

There are actually people that do that and get paid to put Ikea furniture together.  I am an expert on assembly of Billy bookcases.

4 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

There are actually people that do that and get paid to put Ikea furniture together.  I am an expert on assembly of Billy bookcases.

Sweet, next time I go to calcot, I'll give you a call ;)

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

And don't get me started on the fucking Allen key callouses!

Have you not been introduced to the way of the hex driver?

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

As others have said, I (and I'm sure others) have spent hours fiddling with Molle to try it on and go "fuck, just needs to be one row lower" etc which makes it pointless to consider buying a pre "assembled" plate carrier and pouches.

The 10 step programme to a molle life-

1. Spend a week designing molle rig

2. Go airsofting

3. Realise that mag pouch location isnt as slick in the field as youd like and you cant reach your bipod behind your back, also that grenade pouch dont half dig into you when you lie down and man does that pistol lanyard catch on your sling.

4.spend a week re-sorting the layout

5. Go airsofting again, with all the problems fixed.

6. Do nothing for a week

7. Go airsofting again, but it was cold so you used the c02 pistol, but the mags dont fit your normal tacticool quick draw holder so you had to use a normal pouch then realise you had nowhere to put your speedloader.

8. Spend a week re-organising your kit

9. Go airsofting

10. Return to step 1

Archived