Sling for Krytac LVOA S

Newbold
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am fairly new to airsoft and have invested in a Krytac LVOA-S. I am looking for a sling for it and have no idea where to start.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Newbold

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi Newbold,

It kinda depends on what kind of sling you want really.

Single point bungee slings are handy for keeping your gun attached to you at a bare minimum and they're good for bringing your gun up quickly.

The downside is they dig on the shoulder a bit more as the weight isn't distributed as well as a two point.

Two point sling is what I have. At the moment I use a two point and prefer it over a single.

I have a front sling attachment on my guns keymod rail for when I want to spread the weight a bit more, but most of the time I have both clips through the sling plate on the back.

I can't comment on three point as I've never used one. Look too complicated to be any good, but maybe someone here can vouch for them.

1 point slings are good for cqb because you can literally drop your primary to switch to a pistol. But the rifle now is hanging and dangling so it may become annoying..

2 point slings are great for outdoor games, they keep the gun where you put it, not as quick as a 1 point sling to transition to your secondary..

I'd get a 2 point sling, just because you can convert it to a single point, while you can't convert a 1 point to a 2 point..

MS3 replicas are decent, had mine for more than 2 years and it's still in great shape

• Supporters

1 point is more handy for switching shoulders to optimise corner shots, you can transition pistol easy with either type.  But yeah 1 point more for CQB as a rule of thumb (don't go 3 point whatever you do).

Just pick a style you fancy and buy a half decent one, this thing is entirely responsible for your gun.  I've watched mega cheap slings drop (literally out of the blue) people's £2-300 guns straight down on to concrete and smaaaash.  After eye/face pro and boots, the sling is the one thing to put money in to.

Edit - with a 2 point you'll need to buy a rail mounted sling point to go on your handguard as well with that specific RIF.

Archived