Rule change: New Classifieds Rules (and More)

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Important stuff is in bold.

There are new rules to go with the new classifieds, here.

These rules are still a work in progress but have been opened to the supporters forum for feedback for over a week now. A new thread will go up in the Forum Feedback subforum for people to critique the new set of rules (that have been more tailored towards the new classifieds). Please make yourself familiar with the new rules as all listings made from when this post goes up will be subject to them. I'm sure moderation will be lenient in applying these new rules for now (given how they've changed).

Making new rules (and indeed removing old ones) is a careful balance of providing enforceable guidelines that make browsing part of the forums easier, safer, and more enjoyable whilst keeping an eye on how those rules might restrict new content from getting posted (if you pile too many requirements on people, they just won't bother posting content). There are a few rather redundant points even in the new rules that may still get trimmed down or deleted entirely.

The new rules will be linked in an announcement above the classifieds for the next month. After that we'll find a less obtrusive place to put them.

The new classifieds will supersede the old, subforum-based classifieds as per the poll that concluded last weekend.

This is not the end of the road for tweaking the new ones. In fact, what with having to implement them initially (alongside other administrative changes) I've had little time to address some of the larger suggested features from the feedback thread. Over the next few months, expect some updates on its functionality as more kinks are ironed out and perhaps some of the larger feature requests implemented.

The layout of the new classifieds categories will be changed

The current categories are not ideal and a lot of you have commented on how you don't like the category layout. Contrary to what I said previously, I don't think I'm going to put out a poll on this one but will instead implement a new structure this weekend that I feel captures the concise spirit of the old subforums whilst being more intuitive than the current layout.

Old classifieds will be archived next week

This is your last chance to migrate your threads before they're completely locked and no longer get indexed in search engines. These threads will remain to be 'findable' if you do a subforum specific search.

The new trader feedback system will stay for now, but nothing is certain

There will be a vote on whether it remains as it's still buggy and we're still looking into whether migrating the current feedback (i.e. the 'old' feedback) over would be feasible (as this would have to be done by hand).

Thanks.

Archived