WE L85A2 GBB BBS getting stuck in hop up

The Lord Tea
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon,

Pulling my hair out with my L85 - the nozzle loads the BBS into the hop up bucking, the bolt cycles, but the round doesn’t fire. 

Made sure the hop up is set to off, tried all my mags, checked the o ring on the nozzle...

Dispairing a bit I must admit! 

Any ideas? 

Still the same, stock hop up rubber if that helps with the diagnosis!

• Supporters

Can you feel the ‘gas’ coming out the end of the barrel? Ie dry fire with no mag with your finger on the end of the barrel, can you feel the gas? 

If it’s actually picking up a round and not skimming over it, and gas is leaving the barrel, it should be firing. Are you sure the hop is completely off? I know if I turn my scar to max hop the B.B. just rolls out of the barrel when firing. 

It could be your float valve/spring 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Can you feel the ‘gas’ coming out the end of the barrel? Ie dry fire with no mag with your finger on the end of the barrel, can you feel the gas? 

1 hour ago, The Lord Tea said:

with a mag I can feel gas on the back of my hand

Derp. I meant mag with no BBs, been using AEGs too long. If that’s the case, what BBs are you using?(hoping it’s some poor shitty ones otherwise I’m outta ideas)

On 5/11/2018 at 10:01 PM, Wo1f said:

If it’s actually picking up a round and not skimming over it, and gas is leaving the barrel, it should be firing. Are you sure the hop is completely off? I know if I turn my scar to max hop the B.B. just rolls out of the barrel when firing. 

It could be your float valve/spring 

Wolf, tinkered about based on your comment - the NPAS has shaved the inside of the bolt slightly, and was catching rather than travelling smoothly. Took a Dremel to it and it’s all working now. 

1 hour ago, The Lord Tea said:

Wolf, tinkered about based on your comment - the NPAS has shaved the inside of the bolt slightly, and was catching rather than travelling smoothly. Took a Dremel to it and it’s all working now. 

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Archived