Savage island boots??

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anybody used these? They’re pretty cheap on amazon and have good reviews on there. Just wondering if anyone has experience using them for Airsoft? 

Thanks 

They’re alright. I burned through mine in 6 months. The sole split in half and let water in. I am tough on my stuff though. For cqb they’d probably last years 

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

I have, I also have a tan pair size 8 for sale... however... they are fine. 

Im a size 10/11 but thanks for the input 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

They’re alright. I burned through mine in 6 months. The sole split in half and let water in. I am tough on my stuff though. For cqb they’d probably last years 

Thanks for the input, they’ll do me for a starter pair then this summer. 

My son has a pair ,no problems with them so far approx 6mths of woodland use. Extra £20 you could get viper boots 

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

What are their sizes like? I’m an 11 in most trainers and other shoes, but know boots can sometimes be a bit more generous with sizes 

• Supporters

Standard cheap and cheerful boots HK/China made as you would get from most on-line retailers wouldn’t hold up to ‘real world’ use but perfectly good enough for Airsoft use .

sniperslucky , me personally I wouldn’t touch anything Viper with a 10ft barge pole ! There just re-branded boots as well , just cost a lot more ! 🤦‍♂️

On 10 May 2018 at 3:35 PM, Druid799 said:

Standard cheap and cheerful boots HK/China made as you would get from most on-line retailers wouldn’t hold up to ‘real world’ use but perfectly good enough for Airsoft use .

sniperslucky , me personally I wouldn’t touch anything Viper with a 10ft barge pole ! There just re-branded boots as well , just cost a lot more ! 🤦‍♂️

Got mine there GRRR888, have no issues with them or the quality.

• Supporters

My dislike of them is just based on personal experience, seen a few pairs go tits up relatively quickly on friends so I’m well shy of them now .

• Supporters
On 5/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, Wo1f said:

Even in CQB you want good footwear. I took a spill and fractured my foot when the sole split on my 5.11 boots. If I was wearing my current footwear I doubt I would of sustained anywhere close to the same level of injury.

I wear Converse Hi-tops for indoors cqb, good grip and keep my feet fairly cool. I have a pair of Scruffs Switchbacks that I wear when it's colder and for outdoors.

25 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Even in CQB you want good footwear. I took a spill and fractured my foot when the sole split on my 5.11 boots. If I was wearing my current footwear I doubt I would of sustained anywhere close to the same level of injury.

I agree. Now I don’t skimp on them. I run lowa gtx boots and they’re the best £170 I’ve ever spent.  I was referring to them lasting longer without failure inside 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I agree. Now I don’t skimp on them. I run lowa gtx boots and they’re the best £170 I’ve ever spent.  I was referring to them lasting longer without failure inside 

If you haven't tried them look at the Salomon quest. Good support and as comfy as slippers.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you haven't tried them look at the Salomon quest. Good support and as comfy as slippers.

I looked at them, but I wanted 8inch ones in the search for maximum ankle support and couldn’t find any of the quest in 8”

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

I looked at them, but I wanted 8inch ones in the search for maximum ankle support and couldn’t find any of the quest in 8”

The way the ankle area is designed you dont need the extra height. In over two years of running up and down stairs and turning at full sprint I have never once had a lack of confidence in the support. 

Customer service from Salomon is awesome too.

Archived