Marui new GBBR's

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, The broadsman said:

With the barrel wobble and the bolt lock not functioning correctly out of the box? 

I was referring to gas efficiency/ performance. Their mp5, mp7, ump etc couldn’t even get through a mag on a gas charge. I wouldn’t touch a VFC if there was an alternative. I’d take a WE g3 over a VFC. 

Sadly VFC seem to have this amazing ability to produce some amazingly good quality external builds, but internally they are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot and that is matched by VFCs customer service.....

As much as I love TM and GHK, I have my hopes up for WE releasing one. I don't think much can go wrong with a stamped steel body, after market internals will be no doubt well supported. 

Wishful thinking but we can only hope.

I've never understood why TM externals on pistols have to be plastic by law, but they are allowed to use quite a few metal external parts on their rifles - the metal outer barrels on their bolt action rifles for example, and the metal rail system on their MWS. I may be wrong but I think the upper receiver is metal too. 

7 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I've never understood why TM externals on pistols have to be plastic by law, but they are allowed to use quite a few metal external parts on their rifles - the metal outer barrels on their bolt action rifles for example, and the metal rail system on their MWS. I may be wrong but I think the upper receiver is metal too. 

Yup. The MWS is pretty much entirely metal...

Very odd.

• Supporters

Pretty sure the whole GBB M4 is metal?  Bear in mind absolutely everything they did used to be plastic, wasn't until the end of their old original AEG line they made a couple of metal guns then went metal all the time with the recoil shock series.  The metal construction on rifles doesn't really have any effect on performance (certainly on the electric ones), whereas it would on the pistols.  I can't say I know everything about Japanese law but I reckon they could do metal pistols at this point if they wanted, especially given they make some really small SMGs etc from metal, they're just choosing not to.  Thankfully.

The mws is all metal. The only bits of plastic on it is the stock, grip and nozzle. Their NGRS is also metal where they should be. 

I imagine it’s down to their 134a gas they use. That would never cycle a metal slide efficiently. 

Archived