PTS MKM AR15 tips & tricks

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm about to join the GBBR gang soon and get my hands on a second hand PTS Mega Arms MKM AR15.

It only has 2 upgrades: Hardened bolt carrier and a tightbore barrel.

I know how to take care of the rifle but is there anything I should know about the rifle, things to look for and possibly upgrade?
I am aware from looking around that the hop unit is fairly crap for longer range use, however this will mostly be used indoors so not a primary concern for me "yet".

Any help, tips and tricks appreciated,

- Corky

I have a fix for the hop unit. I have one in my mega arms 308. Airsoft Engenuity hop chamber. You’ll need a gbbr barrel and a maple leaf bucking, but it transforms the gun. Give him a message and tell him I sent you. 

https://www.facebook.com/AirsoftEngenuity/

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I have a fix for the hop unit. I have one in my mega arms 308. Airsoft Engenuity hop chamber. You’ll need a gbbr barrel and a maple leaf bucking, but it transforms the gun. Give him a message and tell him I sent you. 

https://www.facebook.com/AirsoftEngenuity/

I don't currently know if it has a GBBR barrel or an AEG one as I don't know the compatibility for PTS MKM, but I think I can source both easily.
Thanks for the recommendation

I will send over a message.
Cheers

1 hour ago, Corky2110 said:

I don't currently know if it has a GBBR barrel or an AEG one as I don't know the compatibility for PTS MKM, but I think I can source both easily.
Thanks for the recommendation

I will send over a message.
Cheers

The KWA has its own barrel. The conversion chamber lets you use easily available GBBR/VSR barrels and more importantly Maple leaf buckings. I won't buy an airsoft gun now that wouldn't take a maple leaf bucking. 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The KWA has its own barrel. The conversion chamber lets you use easily available GBBR/VSR barrels and more importantly Maple leaf buckings. I won't buy an airsoft gun now that wouldn't take a maple leaf bucking. 

Yeah I got chatting with AirsoftEngenuity and it sounds like a solid design. Very similar to the VSR10 one by classic army.
The guy selling his gun to me mentione da tightbore barrel but I have no idea if that's an upgrade or the stock 6.05mm one he's on about.

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back to life again:
When I go to open my receiver the buffer always flier forward, I feel this is due to the original buffer lock starting to round off, this will eventually lead to a failure I imagine.

Where can I get a better one? - Or am I stuck with buying a replacement OEM part?

Cheers

Archived