I’ve just submitted my first small claims court paperwork, and it feels good

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not going into too many details, but some young scoundrel thought he could con me out of six KWA Vector magazines, on-line Money Claim through gov.uk now submitted for the estimated value of said mags.

Dont fuck with old men, we’re tough and tenacious 🦄🦄

rdb

• Supporters

And do you feel EPIC ! 🤣

• Supporters

<Buzz Killington>

Got your paperwork in order?  I'm a little concerned by "estimated" value.  You'll want everything in writing, plus evidence that you've attempted some form of alternative dispute resolution before throwing the sueball.

Be aware that it's not a quick process, especially if he simply ignores the process and you have to move on to collections and pay for that up front yourself too.  If it goes that far, you'll need to consider whether he's actually got enough seizable assets to cover your total costs.

</Buzz Killington>

It'a ballache indeed.  Why can't people just be honest with this sort of shit - make the world a happier place! 

Without getting into semantics was this an online trade or face-to-face?  Whilst I do hate having to see people resort to public shaming it does sometimes yield results. 

On 09/05/2018 at 09:08, ak2m4 said:

It'a ballache indeed.  Why can't people just be honest with this sort of shit - make the world a happier place! 

Without getting into semantics was this an online trade or face-to-face?  Whilst I do hate having to see people resort to public shaming it does sometimes yield results. 

Face to face, said he “forgot” the mags, and me being a nice guy let him get away with it

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Oh right I think I get it.  You gave him the mags previously, he said he would bring the money but never did?

Nope, He brought round the gun sans mags, Inpaid him for both, he never came up with the mags.

Fortunately, he’s not much of a fraudster, I have all of his details including a copy of his driving licence lol.

Unfortunately, Googling his name shows he has previous😂😂

Dog, that is awful!  Stories like this just remind you need to be on your guard 24/7.  Makes me mad mate cos you get top trusting blokes like yourself get screwed over when trying to do a good thing.  

As you say he's left quite a paper trail, heck he may even play at the same site you as you.

My own personal list of airsoft scammers (mostly through eBay) is growing quite nicely now too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, ak2m4 said:

My own personal list of airsoft scammers (mostly through eBay) is growing quite nicely now too.

I've posted in the 'Places to Buy' section - any chance you could PM me if that seller is on your list? 

Trying to find out if he has previous for doing this before...

They don’t have to get you to sign paperwork,  but it limits their documentation to back up that they have fulfilled their responsibilities 

If you had signed anything then that would not release any responsibility

You are also responsible for using any PPE, manual handling equipment etc, methods and complying with any training

If they did not provide any H&S training and equipment then you have them over a barrel 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
55 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

County Court found in my favour, now I have to chase the little scoundrel for the cash 😎

Result ! 

Yeah, he was unhappy that I contacted him to say if he doesn’t send me the money for the mags, or the mags, I would take him to court.

Then he was unhappy that I took him to court, got a judgement against him, and asked him for my money.

Apparently that’s threatening behaviour 🙈

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yeah kinda, the little dude just replied to my messages (finally) that he is blocking my number lol.

But that’s OK, even if he doesn’t pay, he still has a CCJ against his name now, Callum Jordan Foster

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000192467524

😎

pm sent lol, lets all show the love & unity that that airsoft brings😏

Archived