Huge drop in FPS

Toby King
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I bought myself the Nuprol Delta Sopmod in December and haven't touch the interals of the gun mainly because it comes upgraded with V2 gearbox high torque flat motor steel tooth piston straight out the box and chrono'd 345 FPS using .2's with a difference of 1-2fps between shots so was chuffed especially with it impressive range and accuracy especially for an AEG tho lately when chrono'd at the site I have noticed the FPS has been reading 272-284fps with a difference of 8fps which seems like a big drop  but I also noticed that a few rounds were coming out shattered so thought it might be because they were cheap BB's so i went for a better quality .25g BB which stop the shattering but as I haven't tampered with the guns internals apart from adjusting the Hop up and swapping the connectors from the crappy mini Tamiya connector to the mini Dean connectors I'm not sure what's causing the drop in FPS I can't find any air leaks so has me stumped and annoyed does any one have any ideas could it be something simple like the hop up adjusted to much?

Many thanks

• Supporters

Where have you checked for air leaks, and how?

I ask because it might help someone who knows what they're talking about help you, not because I know the answer.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Toby King said:

Hey guys I bought myself the Nuprol Delta Sopmod in December and haven't touch the interals of the gun mainly because it comes upgraded with V2 gearbox high torque flat motor steel tooth piston straight out the box and chrono'd 345 FPS using .2's with a difference of 1-2fps between shots so was chuffed especially with it impressive range and accuracy especially for an AEG.

First of all no gun gun comes out the box upgraded. It is factory spec plain and simple and being a Nuprol a very basic spec.

Second is that other the statement about accuracy, range and consistency being good for an aeg is wrong in so many ways.

Regarding the inconsistency I would be leaning towards it being a hop issue. If you were having bb's shatter in the gun then your bucking will probably be damaged and maybe your air nozzle too.

First thing to check though is you have not got too much hop on as that will cause the same issues as you are having. 

• Supporters

Might be pointing out the obvious or miss understanding... but 345 FPS with .2s and 285 with .25s...  with spring wearing in and settling in the Nuprol,  I don’t think that’s too much of a drop. The deviation is a pain, and there is a leak somewhere.

Archived