barrel extenders (fake silencers)

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

define small? it's easy enough to get a 200mm+ suppressor on amazon.

i run a large one on the m4, it's enough to effectively double the barrel length and i like the aesthetic. i also have one of the scar ones on the f2000 although it's nowhere near as big (but burnished copper looks cool as hell)

i presume you're just looking for a can to hid a longer barrel and not one with a barrel section in it? *shudders thinking of the accuracy implications*

• Supporters

Numerous options.....

barrel extensions from 1/2 inch upwards

then suppressors up to say 200 or even 300m think I've seen

make your own up even 32mm black waste pipe glued onto a reg 110 x 30 suppressor

then pipe stuffed with pipe lagging to shut it up perhaps

others have made up their own DIY suppressors & what not coz no bespoke item existed

(they was tight ar$e or just bored - f*ck it, it's a toy gun why not) 

all depends on how long the things is I guess....

Related image

13 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i presume you're just looking for a can to hid a longer barrel and not one with a barrel section in it? *shudders thinking of the accuracy implications*

nah i know you can alot of normal suppressors/silencers. yeah i was wanting one with a barrel section in it, not one to hide a longer barrel.  the longest one i could find was about 190mm which is a bit small for the look i was going for. i was hoping for a more like a foot.

something more like this!!

400px-Seburoc26a.jpg

• Supporters

why an extension in the suppressor? you'll have better performance if you have a proper single barrel underneath it. if you want it quicker change then get another hop and set it up with the new barrel so you can quickly change it on the day.

http://www.gearofwar.co.uk/?product=hush-xl-universal-barrel-extension-tube

i think that's the one i saw in store, looked like it had a barrel within it and is pretty big.

yeah i would do the quick change barrel thing, but its not a viable option on the gun, its a bugger to get into. thats why the barrel extension.

adolf it says that one is for covering an extended barrel?

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, mimozine said:

yeah i would do the quick change barrel thing, but its not a viable option on the gun, its a bugger to get into. thats why the barrel extension.

adolf it says that one is for covering an extended barrel?

I took a look in the store the other day and it looked like there was a barrel in there, might be worth ringing them and asking.

• Supporters

@mimozine two things - firstly why do you want a longer barrel and second why don't you want to just put in a longer barrel and hide it with a dummy suppressor? 

10 hours ago, Lozart said:

@mimozine two things - firstly why do you want a longer barrel and second why don't you want to just put in a longer barrel and hide it with a dummy suppressor? 

firstly im experimenting and i really want one.

secondly its a really compact AR so being able to take it off for cqb is a major bonus

On 5/8/2018 at 12:22 PM, mimozine said:

something more like this!!

400px-Seburoc26a.jpg

52c.png

Just throwing my personal first-hand experience in here - don't expect incredible results in terms of range or accuracy just by adding a barrel extension.

It's probable that you'll see some joule creep/FPS increase though, providing there's a decent enough seal between your fitted inner barrel and the barrel extension that you put on.

if it's range and accuracy you're after the first place to look is probably your hop.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, mimozine said:

firstly im experimenting and i really want one.

secondly its a really compact AR so being able to take it off for cqb is a major bonus

First, cool. No problem.

Second - this is where you'll have issues. The problem is getting the inner of the silencer to match up reliably with the inner barrel in your rifle. It might be off centre, it might be a different bore and it might just not line up straight. Additionally the cylinder will be setup (hopefully) for the barrel length you already have so adding another foot of barrel to it means that it won't have enough volume to use the barrel effectively. You'll end up either changing the cylinder to match the extended length and have issues when it's short or vice versa. In terms of actual effectiveness, in airsoft terms anything over 200mm is as much as you need for decent accuracy do unless the original barrel is significantly less, you won't actually gain much anyway.

• Supporters

:) 

image.jpg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, mimozine said:

yeah i was hoping for a fps rise, but was wanting to experiment and see what happened really. 

Any change in FPS is likely to be downwards. The cylinder will not be correctly volumed for the extra barrel length. Also - unless you manage to actually seal the join in the barrel any advantage will stop at the joint as air will escape.

Out of interest, the Angry Gun suppressors I have for my Vectors put the FPS up by about 100 on 0.2’s, which then takes them from a toy to a leather barrelled weapon 😳

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Out of interest, the Angry Gun suppressors I have for my Vectors put the FPS up by about 100 on 0.2’s, which then takes them from a toy to a leather barrelled weapon 😳

gbb's by any chance?

fps may well increase if you've got the air volume for it, which an aeg with an already oversized cylinder or a gas gun will be able to do.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

leather barrelled weapon 😳

Fancy!

leather-cannon0-1.jpg

Archived