Fused power lead AEG

Qlimax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have an AEG which I got new for a friend to use but it has a stupid plastic casing fuse attached to the power cable. 

Is it ok to remove this ? I’ve never had an AEG with a fused power cable before and want to be sure it’s ok before taking it off and changing it to deans. 

A4EAD15B-175F-43E7-9F0E-A31032FF3550.jpeg

• Supporters

Most AEG's are fused

and are either that glass tube cartridge type in that plastic enclosure

or

blade fuse type like in motor vehicles (better less resistance of the two types)

It is a form of circuit protection - often we don't advise to remove this protection

you can change out/alter it to blade or remove it at your own discretion/risk

If only the positive wire flows to that unit it is just a fuse

if a thin wire(s) also flows to that unit it could be a mosfet (unlikely but just saying (do not remove))

If it was your gun then yeah go for it and remove perhaps

as it is your m8's he may not have the wisdom/awareness not to keep firing if it jams etc....

in other words if you know your gun/common sense you can (at your own risk) drop a fuse

but anybody a bit noobish should have a fuse deffo as some users are as thick as $hit

• Supporters

Sitting duck is right on the money, the only time you should remove the fuse is if you're replacing it with a mosfet that has a digital cutoff in it.

Archived