scammer on free ads - Steve Glennie

T5dogz

Message added by proffrink,

This thread has been edited to remove physical addresses.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Huxley said:

Take him to small claims.

I agree in principle.  In practice, it's a long road, and the up-front costs add up quickly if you're determined to take it all the way to recovery.  I say this not to discourage anyone from doing it, just to set realistic expectations.

• Supporters

kneecapping is a much more viable option 😏

(just don't talk about it on a public forum😝)

52 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I know some people.....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Remember when the provo’s started using cordless drills with a wood bit instead Of a 9mm ? 😖

happy memories ! 😈😈😈

• 7 months later...

Hi all.

Brand new to the site as of this evening and thought I'd let you know about the 'gentleman' above!

I saw a number of adverts posted by 'Cal' concerning a number of Air pistols and airsoft pistols and equipment on Freeads.

One such advert I replied to and was going to ask some further questions when I realised that all the adverts of pistols seemed to have been taken in different places/ areas which is somewhat unusual.

I contacted him as it seemed a little strange that 'Ireland' where he was from appeared to be at 3 different locations in the UK. One being Bedfordshire, another Tyne and Weir and the 3rd in Northern Ireland.

Anyway I offered to swap my AA Custom Glock 17 for a Walther CP88 4.5mm bb pistol of his ( sorry folks I'm not an airsoft gamer or player) and asked him for his details in order that I could post him mine first thing in the morning.

He gave me his details and guess what.......?

It's your mate Steve  Glennie, 

[Address redacted by moderator]

I have given him all my details in case he might like to speak with me when he realises the pistol hasn't or won't turn up!

He has assured me that once he knows my pistol is on it's way to him he will send me  tracking details of his pistol he has posted to me.

I have reported this activity and his past misdemeanours immediately to Freeads who hopefully will do something about it but perhaps we shouldn't hold our breath eh?

Let me know what you think. ( I haven't told Cal/Steve anything yet!).

If I wasnt so honest I could potentially get up to all sorts of mischief with that address and phone number.......

Told matey (via Freeads text) I had to go to a family matter up country and wouldn't be home until late Weds so couldn't  post pistol to him on Monday morning as I had intended.

I suggested he posted his to me in the meantime and I would sort mine immediately I got home.

Guess what? Turns out that works even better for him as he has just been called in to work last minute and won't have time off till Thursday!😅

He is going to send his swap Beretta to me once  have sent him tracking details of my swap package!!!

I messaged him to say that was a real coincidence but apparently:

"You've got to work the hours when they come bro'"!

I have again told Freeads about this and the batch of other suspect ads he has on there currently. His account is still live this morning.

As my old mate Baldrick used to say......" I have a cunning plan!"

Keep an eye open here for progress.

Well. The cuckoo has flown the nest!

I contacted him today to say I had sold my 6mm G17 as I had noticed he had marked his pistol as sold.

He contacted me to say he had done so to 'stop pms' from contacting him about it but that he had held it for me.

I told him I had another that he might be interested in but he declined.

I also offered to meet him in person as I am going to Belfast in 3 weeks but he didn't appear to want to, especially when I told him that Freeads had got his address in 3 different locations in the UK, N Ireland, Bedfordshire and Tyne and Weir. I suggested that he speak with Freeads as people might get the wrong impression of him!!!

Just looked on Freeads for a response and his adverts have all disappeared and all his correspondence to me in my inbox has done the same!

It's a pity as I was just beginning to enjoy our banter and mirrored piss taking.

I'm sure he will surface somewhere at sometime in the future but here's one chap he got F*** ALL from! 

• 2 years later...

That's him on the left 

May be an image of 2 people, hair and beard

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Groot said:

That's him on the left 

May be an image of 2 people, hair and beard

Who's the scary bint, could that be his partner in crime, Chrissie Glennie ? 

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Who's the scary bint, could that be his partner in crime, Chrissie Glennie ? 

Wasn't she in the Rocky Horror Picture Show? MV5BMTM2MDQxMjgwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg3MTI3NA@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.06484e0c92573fbd4066e0f43b6f17b6.jpg

Lmao…There seems to be a joint hatred of scammers on this site, and rightly so.

I didn’t think that Mr.Glennie would have carried on his tactic from 2018 for 3 years straight. Must be a bit loose in the head

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, WinterSniper said:

Must be a bit loose in the head

Lol, obviously, if that's his missus👽..........🤢

• Supporters
2 hours ago, WinterSniper said:

I didn’t think that Mr.Glennie would have carried on his tactic from 2018 for 3 years straight.

Predators only evolve when their prey forces them too.  He's identified a community based on trust, and is ruthlessly farming it.

• 1 month later...

Alright lads/ ladies, im brand new to this forum, i apolagise in advance for the lenghty thread. i also feel ive just recently been scammed by this w****r steve glennie, northern ireland, now going by the user name chris001. 

I recently went through a swap deal with this steve over on airsoft hub. I quickly sent off my items to him. Providing tracking and proof of postage like we all do. As we do.

Im still waiting 2 weeks on for the items in return. Excuses after exuses saying hes in the hospital because someone hit his car or his missis is poorly or hes out at the minute. Ive asked for the delivery tracking numerous times and get nothing back. 

Upon digging into the forums its now completely clear hes scammed me. I first gave the benefit of the doubt but now its gone too far. 

Any advise on what could possibly be done? Im absolutely raging at this man and his lies. I feel like i should of looked into his name prior to sending but he seemed legit at first. 

Thanks alot,

Jack91.

I can also provide the full conversation with this low life which ive got on my whattsapp.

Also attached a photo of his mug to the post.

Screenshot_20220301-093111_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Jack91

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jack91 said:

Any advise on what could possibly be done

Sorry to hear this. Swaps are particularly pernicious as there's no money to be claimed back, although to take it any further you'll need to put a value on what he's stolen from you.

https://www.psni.police.uk/crime/fraud/Reporting-Fraud/ to get a crime reference number.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/recover-debts-owed-you leading to https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/small-claims-process after a letter before action.  Or you may be able to claim via https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

The very best of luck with it.

• Jedi_Master changed the title to scammer on free ads - Steve Glennie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.