scammer on free ads - Steve Glennie

T5dogz

Message added by proffrink,

This thread has been edited to remove physical addresses.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

[Address redacted by moderator]

everyone who is into buying selling trading air soft goods stay away from the seller Steve glennie goes by names like steve203 JamesG he wanted to trade pistols i sent mine he consistently postponed his end of the deal with lies such as im in hospital and had a car crash now doesn't reply to me he is scamming from 2015 to now so be careful if you see the address or his name stay away
i gave him weeks to reply he is complete dirty shit bag also from ireland not newcastle in england

just got this from free ads and noticed its the same guy on here in the known scammers still at it  

• Supporters

This clown is still at it? Scumbag needs to be locked up.

Surprised nobody has turned up at his house and kicked his teeth in yet.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Gepard said:

This clown is still at it? Scumbag needs to be locked up.

Surprised nobody has turned up at his house and kicked his teeth in yet.

Can be arranged you know...

• Supporters

Wasn't he meant to pay a fine or go to jail? Obviously wasn't enough of a deterrent for this guy. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The other option is to print off a photo of his house from Google Street view then take a polaroid photo of it and send it to him with "Scamming bastard - I'm going to burn this shithole down" written on it.

That way it looks like you've actually gone to his front door and he'll shit himself.

Or not.😂

• 5 months later...

See a lot of things like this in the vape community, might be an idea to make a pinned post of known scammers so buyers can give it a once over before sending any goods or cash down the drain

• Moderators

out of curiosity, does contacting the police etc. get any where with situations like this?

or is it just a slap on the wrist  / forgotten about so relies on the Airsoft community to keep it active

3 minutes ago, djben9 said:

out of curiosity, does contacting the police etc. get any where with situations like this?

or is it just a slap on the wrist  / forgotten about so relies on the Airsoft community to keep it active

From experience in the vape industry the police don't really seem to do much even when it's been proven one particular character has had at least a few grands worth of gear from various sources so it's up to the community to keep a look out I'm afraid

Shamefully (as an ex civvy copper) I can relate to the Police attitude.  Ultimately, the police very often view this kind of fraud as coming under 'caveat emptor' and therefore a civil matter.  Now, unless you have lots of documentary evidence you arent going to get very far with a theft claim.

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Shamefully (as an ex civvy copper) I can relate to the Police attitude.  Ultimately, the police very often view this kind of fraud as coming under 'caveat emptor' and therefore a civil matter.  Now, unless you have lots of documentary evidence you arent going to get very far with a theft claim.

hes got my gun atm and was meant to send a gun for a trade sureley that counts for theft right?

• Supporters

Copy everything you have, pms, emails etc, & contact the nips (northern Ireland police service), explain the situation & that since sending your rif you've been made aware that Glennie has a fairly recent conviction for similar offences, the most likely charges being obtaining goods by deception, & that he's at it again.

They may be interested, as its likely he has conditions set against him, should he reoffend within a set time frame.

Also, there is a uk cybercrime police unit (sorry dont have the link), as I'm sure your involvement with him is net based, & therefore meets criteria for their involvement, again because of his previous its likely they'll be keen to investigate.

Good luck mate.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Now, unless you have lots of documentary evidence you arent going to get very far with a theft claim.

We did , and still zero fucks given by the police , BUT as I said they soon showed interest when my oppo said he’d sort it him self . Positive glee in the plods eyes as he warned him if it did turn nasty he’d get him self arrested ! 😡

• Jedi_Master changed the title to scammer on free ads - Steve Glennie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.