First skirmish thoughts

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, this hobbie is going to take all of my money and most of my time! 😃

Had my first skirmish today at dogtag Airsoft. What a brilliant morning! Well organised and run, friendly staff and people. Encountered a couple of cheaters  but such is life, will defininatley be back there in 2 weeks time! 

Right, time to order some kit me thinks! 

• Supporters

Glad you had a good time! Welcome to the moneysink! :lol:

Dogtag is a very good place to start. 

Enjoy! Say goodbye to your disposable income... 

Dogtag is a fantastic site. It's also one of the largest sites I've played at. Although there were the glory days of the Sandpit =') R.I.P.

What area are you local to? We can recommend some other good places to go to.

A word of advice... the buying doesn't stop... never... ever...

4 minutes ago, Hamz said:

Dogtag is a fantastic site. It's also one of the largest sites I've played at. Although there were the glory days of the Sandpit =') R.I.P.

What area are you local to? We can recommend some other good places to go to.

A word of advice... the buying doesn't stop... never... ever...

Dogtag is is my local, live about 20mins from there. Any suggestions are welcome! The mall is on my to do list, as is south coast cqb (actually been there many years ago with Sussex ACF) 

Yea it’s started already, this week has seen some MTP gear and boots arrive. Already have 2 sets of eye pro plus face pro etc. Really going to have to control myself on the RIFs once I’m on the UKARA database 😂

1 minute ago, E21A said:

Really going to have to control myself on the RIFs once I’m on the UKARA database 😂

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-wi

Such innosence and naivety... I was just like you 8 months ago. 😛

Oh, I recommend The Mall for sure. I'll be there this Sunday as it happens. Also, their photographer is amazing so bring your ego if you ever go. 

It depends on how far out you're looking to go. We frequent Xsite, Dogtag, The Mall and recently Green Ops. A quick search on FB will find all of these pages.

Nice choice on MTP. I'm seeing far too much DPM lately, and I just don't like it! But then again, I don't use camo altogether. Tan is my flavour.

It's nice to see someone actually buying the important things first. So many people rush out and get a gun as soon as they can.

4 minutes ago, Duff said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-wi

Such innosence and naivety... I was just like you 8 months ago. 😛

Yea it’s just not gonna happen, I’ve got a few already I’ve used for target shooting etc but they’ll need some work to be skirmishable so a combat machine is first on the list 

G&G Raider is good bang for buck and solid as a rock.

Personally I like the realism feels so I went for a CYMA M4 with a full metal build. Can’t be doing with no bendy plastic pew pew

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Hamz said:

Nice choice on MTP. I'm seeing far too much DPM lately, and I just don't like it! But then again, I don't use camo altogether. Tan is my flavour.

Heretic scum !!!!!!😱  DPM is the God of camo patterns !

Not wrong though can’t deny there’s a lot of DPM around (most of the sites I’ve been too it seams to be the main pattern for there rental jump suits)

Funnily enuff I’m of the same opinion about MTP , two a penny all over the place , but there ya go we’re all different ! 👍

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not wrong though can’t deny there’s a lot of DPM around (most of the sites I’ve been too it seams to be the main pattern for there rental jump suits)

Funnily enuff I’m of the same opinion about MTP , two a penny all over the place , but there ya go we’re all different ! 👍

Strange, as at dogtag it was a sea of MTP, will see what it’s like this Sunday 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, E21A said:

With you there mate on MTP , as most players are of a younger age , don’t know if it on purpose or subconsciously but I think they all seem to go for MTP because it’s THE current camo pattern wether it’s the original MultiCam , MTP or one of the knock off’s it’s the one that’s all over the TV so it’s in the public eye , were as DPM is a lot older not on the box much and it’s usually a lot cheaper than the current patterns and normally the stuff you pick up from your local surplus shop is often dog ruff as it’s been out of circulation for a good few yrs . So the flash young lads aren’t interested in it ? 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

So long as you're not like this one guy I knew. He wore blue kryptek. There's just no way to justify that!

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Yeah, it's definitely the go to. Y'know, DPM just doesn't look as "operator". Got to be as tacticool as we can after all.

• Supporters

I use multi cam trousers and top, they are cheap nasty knock offs, only reason I bought them was I do a lot of rolling around in the mud, and I really don’t mind getting this messed up torn etc. 

I will say on occasion it has proven its camo effect very well and I have held a position for 20-30 mins without being spotted.

I didn’t buy it because it’s camo, just because it’s hard wearing and I don’t care about getting it dirty!

7 hours ago, Hamz said:

So long as you're not like this one guy I knew. He wore blue kryptek. There's just no way to justify that!

Yeah, it's definitely the go to. Y'know, DPM just doesn't look as "operator". Got to be as tacticool as we can after all.

Operator as fuck yo! 😂

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

I will say on occasion it has proven its camo effect very well and I have held a position for 20-30 mins without being spotted.

Even though we're playing toy soldiers, camo is actually incredibly effective. I almost stepped on a team mate in a ghillie suit 'cause I didn't see him at all. I was next to him for about 5 minutes... I got up to move and he said "watch your step mate". I nearly died.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Hamz said:

Y'know, DPM just doesn't look as "operator". Got to be as tacticool as we can after all.

Alright... YOU tell this guy:

99781167c23d350e95ca45eaacde01f0.jpg

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Hamz said:

Sure, he looks unarmed... right?

Apart from that pen....

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Lozart said:

Apart from that pen....

Sod the pen, that tash looks lethal !

Archived