Switching to Deans Connectors

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

25 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

how quick can you get to the battery to yank it out ???

Challenge accepted.

9 seconds under ideal conditions, i.e. indoors, no wind, no rain, no other players shooting at me, and no pressure from $hit my guns on fire 😅

New Deans are easy to take apart even with gloves on.  Shortning the wires has also made it easier to install/remove the battery.

I think I'll leave it for now, but if I go down the LiPO route will revisit.

Cheers

G

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I think you will be fine tbh but I do not wish to be seen promoting the removal of fuses

In fairness many small battery powered devices don't have fuses

but we are talking about stuff with a lot more juice running through it

the risk is fairly low in well wired & maintained gun I feel - you should be fine sir

Just did my spare battery, but not had to swap batteries mid skirmish yet.  I've done it really short so now it's a lot easier to fit the battery in my G36C.

Cheers

G

P1040087.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, Albiscuit said:

This thread has got me thinking I should swap out my new guns and batteries to deans now...

Gah, I knew I was forgetting something. The wiring in my JG M4 is fucking terribad, (not done by me I might add, think it was converted from rear to front wired at some point.) Loads of excess wire, a fuse smack bang in the middle. Main rason I switched to lipo nunchuk was because there was no room inside the PTS MOE guard. Am I gonna struggle settling Deans connectors inside a PTS MOE guard?

At the very least I need to sort the wires and relocate the fuse so thinking out loud, probably a good idea to upgrade the connectors.

• Supporters

I’ve taken a dremel to a fair few of my deans to fit in tight spaces , I’ve taken the corners back so there more rounded and tube like , not so boxy in shape .

Archived