How do you carry your rifles?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mine are likely to be short guns with foldable stocks as I will only be playing CQB for the foreseeable future.

I have a preference for hard cases although I am prepared to be persuaded that these are not necessary.

The stuff I've looked at is either very expensive (big names and some of the not so big names)  or reasonable (Nuprol, SRC, etc).

The Nuprol ones look OK but are longer than I need (110cm) , but I suppose I could use the extra space for a pistol etc. However I have a small car and would prefer a carbine/submachine gun size. 

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-gun-bags-and-cases/nurpol-large-rifle-wheeled-hard-case-110cm-x-42cm-black.htm#.Wuw5v4gvyUk

Similarly the SRC:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIRSOFT-RIFLE-CARRYING-CASE-105cm/dp/B008PQCIFQ

Then there is the Plano break down shotgun case that Ant Supplies is selling at a reduced price:

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/hsf-hard-gun-case-large-size/

One budget case I have seen is the HSF at only 21 pounds in some places and 30 in others, which is about the right size  but it doesn't look very sturdy:

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/hsf-defiance-shotgun-case

I know this is a lot to be bothering you with, but I will be getting my first rifle in a week's time (ak 74 sub-carbine) and I need something fairly quickly.

Or should I just throw it in an old lightly padded air rifle slip?

• Supporters

Look on Amazon, I believe there is a company called Gorilla cases. My brother recently purchased on of their cases and it’s spot on.

I usually just carry mine in a long sports bag, but it has a folding stock.

Did a search on Amazon for the Gorilla Cases, only found a pistol one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gorilla-Pistol-Carry-Flight-Included/dp/B01BWSOCMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525435031&sr=8-1&keywords=Gorilla+bb+cases+-glass+-vinyl+-pillow

Cheers

G

With my cold dead hands. 😎

I prefer a soft case for ease of storage when they're not being used. Hard cases cant be rollled up and stored when empty. That said it depends on what you have to transport and how far. Sometimes I get the train and a soft case is easier to sling on the back over a giant hardcase or if I get a lift it'll fit between my legs in the front seat so can blag lifts easier.

Yes, I agree with Duff. Soft cases are much easier to handle and store. My rifle hard cases have both found their way into the loft over the years. One comes down for foreign trips once a year but the double rifle I bought to fit my 54" long AI doesnt even go in the back of my landrover! Even our airsoft pistols are tending to sit in the holsters on the vests, in the wardrobe.

Im glad you made me consider this as I was just looking at buying a case for my twin Mac10's. Talked me out of it.

3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I have one of these 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rifle-100-case-id_629517.html

It's not the roomiest case, nor the most robust. But it's light and takes being chucked in a car boot no bother. 

And it's cheaper than some bags! 

I have this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077DD4ZZZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great, lots of pockets and adjustable strap-ons and the like plus you can carry it as a pack or as a bag. I can fit my JG M4, DE copy springer, Glock, a nade, bb's, etc.... tools and pouches, crap, junk and the  kitchen sink inside mine no problem.

• Supporters

Plano SE Single Rifle Case. Not the best but I'd rather the case crack than the gun if I knocked it about. 

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Duff said:

Flash, I paid £15.99 for mine. :P

Works for me.  Takes an M4 / G36 in the main area no problems, plus an MP5K and pistols and mags and primers and speedloaders and... in the side bag.  Not really padded, but the guns aren't made of spun sugar.

Thanks lads.

As a newby I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out with all my questions on guns and gear.

Some good advice and interesting references.

Do the soft bags tend to be fairly shower proof?

I have a cheap rifle bag I got off a mate who upgraded, spent the first year slagging it off for being too long and floppy (its almost double length of my CM16) and the zip broke outside the shop sending my rifle tumbling to the ground in front of a scared old lady :D  but actually once I fixed the zip I couldnt be arsed spending money on another and still use it. Although now I need something else for my Evo and Vector, but will likely end up with a sports direct cheap duffle bag as then I can chuck my other gear on top of it and only take one bag.

Makes me laugh at the Mall when bods turn up with a nuprol hard case on wheels, 2 x pistol bags/cases, a day pack with boots and helmet hanging off, a burgen and a long rifle bag :) whilst wearing their belt rig and vest set ups

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Flash, I paid £15.99 for mine. :P

Works for me.  Takes an M4 / G36 in the main area no problems, plus an MP5K and pistols and mags and primers and speedloaders and... in the side bag.  Not really padded, but the guns aren't made of spun sugar.

So did I 😄.

Thanks for the link, just bought one!.

Cheers

G

I did have a cheap gun bag from ebay, cost about £15 and it still occasionally get's used. I simply found the pockets on it were not of a usable size so ended up taking a rucksack too. 

My other half has a nuprol case, it's stupidly heavy even when empty, which put me off it. I'm sure I''ve posted before, but i use that case for both my AEG's and everything else (spare clothes, belt with pouches, bfg, two pistols, all my mags, face pro, hat, bb's, gas, snacks any other crap) all fit in a large mil-tec rucksack with no bother. It makes carting stuff to/from the car a one trip process. 

I tend to leave the change of clothes, spares etc in the car and just bring in the gun/ammo eyepro etc.  But it's only about 15m from the Safe Zone to the car park where I play..

At Ambush's old site the car park was in the safe zone, so just used to sit on the edge of the boot (estate) to change (I typically only change my shoes for boots and change my jacket) and leave everything in the boot.

I'll have to decide what's best when I go to the Mall in a week's time.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HDALHJW/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

This is what we got @emilianoksa, yes it’s currently out of stock, but it’s a good/cheap solid case that has enough space for everything you wanna take. 

They do do other sizes as I know this is too long for what your looking for.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

I tend to leave the change of clothes, spares etc in the car and just bring in the gun/ammo eyepro etc.  But it's only about 15m from the Safe Zone to the car park where I play..

At Ambush's old site the car park was in the safe zone, so just used to sit on the edge of the boot (estate) to change (I typically only change my shoes for boots and change my jacket) and leave everything in the boot.

I'll have to decide what's best when I go to the Mall in a week's time.

Cheers

G

Are you going on a Sunday or Thursday?

I'm going on the Sunday, 13th.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 minute ago, MisterG said:

I'm going on the Sunday, 13th.

Cheers

G

Then I would suggest you try and take minimal kit in as space on Sunday is minimal as there are usually around 90 to 100 players all vying for space. Last week there was 116 that was a bit of a squeeze.

Try and get there early to get in the queue that way you will get a better spot to set up.

See you there

Thanks for the advice.

Planning to travel light for this one. 

Booked a rental gun, so may not be bringing a gun.

Cheers

G

Should have asked, how early is early?

Though, if I stick with just the rental gun.  Will be wearing everything I need, including my molle sandwich pouch 😃

I have one of those inexpensive jobbies that takes a rifle in the main section and I too can get the MP5 in the smaller pocket. If I take more than that I use a spare padded guitar gig bag . Takes the Scar nicely and has a big pocket that will take loads of mags and a smaller one for batteries 😁

😢  That what time I left home last skirmish. 

I'm not a morning person.

Looks like I'll have to get up at 5:30.

Cheers

G

Archived