SWAT are the worst online airsoft retailer in the UK - Discuss.

AlMcCann
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So its been 31 days since I placed an order with SWAT for one of their VTG’s. 

I sent 10+ emails and never got a response. 

In that time I have managed to speak to one of the owners, Christine, 3 times on the phone and was promised each time that my order would be going out ‘after the weekend’. My most recent call to them was on Friday last week. Its now Thursday and still no grenade. 

I am probably going to ask for my money back as its gone past the point of being remotly funny anymore. Sadly I am guessing that this too will be a nightmare to organise. 

Never experienced a worse customer service experience in my entire life and would advise anyone thinking of purchasing from SWAT to stay WELL clear of them and get a Dynatex instead.  

• Moderators

same people....??

• Supporters

The upshot was that my CC issuer took SWAT's side. :(

Since I did actually get the grenade eventually, I decided not to push it to the Ombudsman, and instead sent them their card back in tiny pieces.  Freepost, which was nice. ;)

But yes, I'd get it cancelled and start down the refund track with your card issuer ASAP.

I have got my bank to stick a disputed transaction mark on the purchase. Just have to send them a letter now to make it official. 

I also let SWAT know as I managed to get one of their mobile numbers, so I expect I will be hearing from them soon (but probably not). 

Didn't a similar thing happen with the Alphatec HEX grenades?

IIRC they were ok at first then the guy who made them split from the business and then orders got stuck in limbo

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, newsh said:

Didn't a similar thing happen with the Alphatec HEX grenades?

Yes.  Their web site (I won't link to it) is still up, still apparently taking money, and still claiming "same day dispatch" from stock.

Their Facebook presence hasn't been updated in 2 years, and the comments are just people saying "Where's my grenade?"

Reminder: https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Almost had a heart attack.... 

Sad to hear about a retailer doing this sort of thing, I have never dealt with them in the past but I will see if I can get any useful info for you from anyone 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, CES_williamson said:

Sad to hear about a retailer doing this sort of thing, I have never dealt with them in the past but I will see if I can get any useful info for you from anyone 

What was the name of your store? 

Need some bits and might give you a try.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

What was the name of your store? 

Need some bits and might give you a try.

SWAS, link in the signature or www.swasairsoft.co.uk

I am expanding the RIF stock at the moment so a few cheap bits still left in the clearance sale + loads more lovely RIF's coming soon :) 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, CES_williamson said:

SWAS, link in the signature or www.swasairsoft.co.uk

I am expanding the RIF stock at the moment so a few cheap bits still left in the clearance sale + loads more lovely RIF's coming soon :) 

More after parts than whole guns. 

10 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

More after parts than whole guns. 

drop me a PM and I can try to get things ordered in for you 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CES_williamson said:

I thought the same when I saw the title,

thought somebody had complained there was only 4,999 bb's in 5k bag or something

How strange.....

I emailed SWAT a copy of the letter my bank sent me saying they have begun the process of claiming back my payment and as if by magic I had a phonecall less than 10 minutes later saying my VTG was ready for delivery. 

I got a tracking number and everything, with a projected delivery date of this coming Thursday. 

Still wont ever buy from them again. 

• Supporters

Yes, my VTG was also sent after I'd cancelled the order, initiated a chargeback and told them so.

Urgh, you can't even cancel an order with them.  Given that my CC issuer just took their word that they'd sent the (unwanted, cancelled) goods, it shows that our ostensible consumer protections are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

• Root Admin

I too sent in some Dynatex BFGs to be 'serviced' (they were second hand and the timer was off on one of them, so I wanted them cleaned and the spring replaced if necessary). They came back and were no different. No convinced they ever actually did anything with them, but having read this thread I'm glad that I actually got them back.

Managed to fix them myself the week after. Again another case where it wasn't enough money to start proceedings over, but maybe I should have.

I've got one of those nades that has a cap you can fill with bb's, water, talc etc... and I have an idea. Just need to improve my aim when pooping into small containers now.....

I got them to include (for free) some of the little brass valves so I can service it if required down the line. 

On 5/8/2018 at 7:48 PM, AlMcCann said:

How strange.....

I emailed SWAT a copy of the letter my bank sent me saying they have begun the process of claiming back my payment and as if by magic I had a phonecall less than 10 minutes later saying my VTG was ready for delivery. 

I got a tracking number and everything, with a projected delivery date of this coming Thursday. 

Still wont ever buy from them again. 

Same here,  but no phone call,  just an email with dispatch notification and tracking number from Hermes.

Hopefully it will arrive and I will be delighted.

Just wish SWAT would "pull their finger out" and give honest/realistic waiting time info to their customers. Instead of all the next day dispatch crap that is on their website.

It would save a lot of bother if expectations were set before ordering.

Onwards to many bangs......... 🌟

Missed the Hermes truck today lol. Have already organised with them to deliver tomorrow morning. 

mines delivered this morning.

Have tested without a charge in it. Seem to be spot on 3 seconds until it fires.

All in i am impressed. 😊

Will have to wait until next week to get some blanks to test it properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried emailing SWAT the other day to inquire about stock as I was planning to place an order tomorrow but no reply. I called them today to ask if they had stock of the olive drab version of the VTG available as I was planning to place an order for a pair and collect them after work using the collection option as this shows up when accessing the site from my mobile. Apparently this is no longer an option and it's Hermes only. I was also informed that they don't have any of the olive drab or tan in stock at present and are unsure when they will receive the next batch.

It's a shame as I'm all for supporting the little guy but in this instance I think I'll just pick up a couple of the Dynatex timed delay BFG's.

Archived