Trigger response in gas pistol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure if that's the right term.
The time between shots on my MK23 is longer than on my 18c. It feels like I have to pull the trigger further before anything happens.
This is fine in woodland, but rather annoying in CQB.
So, I have questions......
1. Can I do anything to reduce the time between shots on my mk23?

2. Is there any type of pistol that has a short pull trigger allowing a higher RoF? If so, what is it?
Ran the ARP9 in CQB last night and hated it.
Yes, you're right, I'm looking for an excuse for another pistol. 😄

You're talking about length of pull as opposed to trigger response I believe.

I've not fired a airsoft MK23, but, knowing the real steel version, I believe that it will have a two stage trigger. Glocks only have a single stage, but have a trigger safety which some mistake for being a second stage.

Real steel Glocks triggers are quite spongy but have a relatively short reset (the amount you have to release the trigger before it will reset so you can pull it again).

2 stage triggers like I believe would be on the Mk23 are sometimes considered to have longer resets, but this is because people generally don't pull the trigger properly and instead 'slap it'.

If you're looking for shorter trigger pull and trigger reset, you may be better looking for some custom parts to drop in.

If you want to feel what reset is, pull the trigger on your glock, keep it depressed and rack the slide back, slowly release the trigger until you here it click, that's your reset distance and how far you need to release the trigger to fire another single round. Not sure if you can do the same with the Mk23 as don't own one.

Edit..

I've done a quick Google and from what I've found there's not really a way to shorten the trigger pull/reset as the trigger is linked to the loading mechanism or something as it's non blow back.

All I can recommend is learn where the reset is and only release the trigger that far. But if the trigger is linked to the loading mechanism I'm guessing pulling too fast could cause a jam.

• Supporters

try a 1911, single action triggers in general tend to be better than single/double or striker fire types.

depending on the design you might be able to do some diy to improve the response a bit, but i really wouldn't advise doing this if you don't know how the trigger works and what you need to do.

The mk23 is heavy because it is manually cycling the nozzle. A gbb does it for you so you just need a break. There’s probably little you can do to improve this without effecting the reliability 

5 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Ran the ARP9 in CQB last night and hated it.

Even though I hate AEGs, I am still considering getting an ARP-9 😅 I think it just looks cool.

Trigger pull was one of the reasons I sold both of my KWA MK23s. To echo Rocket, stick an adjustable trigger into your 18c if you really want a super short trigger pull. I just do not think that the MK23 is the platform for a short trigger pull unfortunately

Archived