Budget

Seldis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m going to start airsoft and I can’t afford to spend a lot of money, I’ve looked at getting the G&G arp9 and WE glock18c. With attachments, two mags for each gun and gear including half face mask, Goggles and a jpc it comes to £600+. I’m going to struggle spending this much, can anyone help?

• Supporters

Yeah, just don't buy the pistol.. or add any attachments to the ARP.  I may always play with a pistol holstered but I barely ever draw the thing, totally not needed to get in to the game.  Most folks are the same in that regard.  Foregrips, sights, lasers and all that jazz do nothing to actually help you most of the time.   Most folks who've been playing long enough get to a point they take all that crap off their guns because they realise light weight is one of the top priorities.

If you've decided you'll buy a 2-tone vs rental, get quality eye pro and a face mask, your gun (don't even need spare mags if it comes with a hi-cap), battery/charger/bbs and you're done.  Wear some appropriate old/outdoor clothing you already own.  Maybe buy some mega cheap surplus DPM trousers off ebay and use the big pockets to stuff some spare mags in if you do buy more mid-caps.

• Supporters

Thats some good advice there, pistols are cool but if your on a budget theres no urgent need for them. I rarely draw mine unless it's cqb or just for a bit of fun.

The only attatchment i'd say is worth having straight from the get go is a red dot, as kinnerly correctly pointed out things like lasers, torches and bipods arent all that necessery except for specific situations.

I only put my torch on specifically for night games, the rest of the time i even remove the rail it sits on to save weight. Same goes for the bipod- only gets thrown on when i'm setting up a defensive position as the weight is a pita when your not using it.

• Supporters

£600 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on something you haven't even tried yet. 

Go rent for a day and get a feel for what the game is like and then pick up a CM16, JG G36C or CYMA AK if you have fun.

RIF is optional but I always recommend playing your 3 games first instead of getting one of those horrible two tones. 

Dye i4s are about £50 now which covers your face protection.

That's a starter kit for less than £200. Used is typically cheaper too so have a nosey around.

After you've got your gun and eye pro sorted then worry about all the fancy accessories and tacticool kit such as plate carriers and red dots. 

You don't need a pistol. They're fun little things but not something you want to buy right off the bat. Leave it for later. 

You don't need to spend silly money to get a decent setup. You just need to be selective.

I wouldn't have the ARP9 as a starter gun. Not because it's bad. But because it isn't standard.

A regular M4 short variant with a standard crane stock will let you buy everything you need, then in the future you can buy a full length m4 and still continue using your mags and batteries without having to buy new again. It'll also mean you can get away with 1 set of ammo pouches keeping worn kit prices down.

If  you went the ARP9 route you would need stick mag pouches, multiple small capacity batteries and a set of mags that only have a very limited number of guns you can use them in.

ARP9 mags are also expensive 300rnd £27. Especially when M4 standard 330rnd mags can be purchased for about £7 each.

Take for instance the short CM16.

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152207749-CM16-SRS-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

It has a higher base cost £191, but add 2 mags to that and it's suddenly cheaper. £205 Vs £234. That saving just gets bigger and bigger with every mag added.

It also has the ETU built in, so you get fet protection and 3rnd burst as standard.

There is also a kits available that lets you run pistol style mags in an M4. So it's not the end of the world if you still wanted that look in 12months time.

Component shop are cheap for batteries and chargers.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/

For clothing go with military surplus.

DPM is cheap.

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/

Shirt/trousers/parka/PLCE webbing set/hat shouldn't cost more than £70-90

MTP can vary a fair bit but the base kit is normally cheap. The webbing prices can be extortion especially if you want a plate carrier.

Flecktarn is a great pick as well. The UK prices tend to be high but a few polish sites sell it at bargain basement prices.

I got for myself.

Shirt/trousers/parka/PLCE webbing set/extra pouches/and 2 hats for £70 delivered. (The postage was a full 1/3 of the price! they have some insane prices).

http://armyworld.pl/main-eng.html

Save your money!!! Your gona need it!

600 straight off the bat? As they guys have already said buy what you absolutly need. Second hand rifle especially if having to buy 2 tone first as you will want to upgrade once you get a ukara and 2 tone tend to be harder to sell. Good eye pro and mask are an absolute must. Pistols? Im a bit biast here as im a pistol guy i quite ofter go out in cqb with pistols only so if you can afford to buy 1 then i definatly recomend getting one. The rest eg torches, sights , loadout and other bits of kit you can get as you get into it more. But remember second hand is a exelent option and there is a good second hand section on this forum . Just be carefull it is addictive . Very very addictive i think if id become a junkie instead of and airsofter id have spent less money 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Seldis said:

I’m going to start airsoft

First, start airsoft.

Then decide if you're going to continue.

See if you can blag a go with some guns - folk are usually more than happy to show off their toys.

Buying your own RIF is a fair bit down the line, and you can get going for under £200.  £150 is doable for a usable M4 or AK plus eye and face protection.  Sure, you'll be using Nimhs and hi-caps to start with, but you'll be airsofting rather than not.

All you need from that list is eye pro and a gun. 

Sort out decent eye pro and a chap mask,Get your gun, chuck the extra mag in a hoody/jeans pocket.

Start with that and slowly buy stuff when your budget allows. 

Dont bother with a pistol yet, as mentioned you may hardly use it and its just an expense you cant afford right now. get playing the game then slowly build up your kit to answer issues you come across. 

if you feel you needed a side arm, then get a pistol. 

If you feel you need more mags or to carry more ammo, either buy more mags or chuck a bb bottle in a dump pouch/backpack etc.

Take too many headshots, grab a helmet or wear a cap etc...

Start slowly and cheaply but most importantly start playing!!

I have mates with all the kit, news guns each month but never any money to actually pay for a skirmish!!!

I'll echo all the above.

Also read Ian's guide, wealth of info for new players.

Once you are sure you are in to it, no need to buy expensive gear to start.

You can find stuff on ebay too.  E.g. DPM trousers for under a tenner  if you plan to play outdoors.

Also you don't need to buy everything brand new, take a look at the ads section on the forum.

Cheers

G

Tell wife, SWIMBO etc you won it as a prize 😉.  Actually there are raffles at some skimishes.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Tell wife, SWIMBO etc you won it as a prize 😉.  Actually there are raffles at some skimishes.

Cheers

G

Tried that when i bought the mg, didnt work out so well....

• Supporters

As been said lower your budget FFS

buy a cheap 2-tone Raider perhaps

The other half will always kick off a bit but as long as you don't go too nutz

Then eventually most will accept us being big kids still and come around to your peew peew

However it might take a while before she she calms down so tread carefully....

Image result for when you go to hug her but she is still mad meme

Think most can relate to this relationship

Mine still hasn't found out that when we get back from Holiday I've got a parcel to collect 😂😂

If you don't see me log on for a few days.. send help.

Mine spent loads on running gear over the last 3 years, so I'm ok for  bit.

That may change when a few RIFs start turning up 😅

Cheers

G

10 hours ago, MisterG said:

Mine spent loads on running gear over the last 3 years, so I'm ok for  bit.

That may change when a few RIFs start turning up 😅

Cheers

G

And you won't even be able to run away 

1 hour ago, Jayjay said:

And you won't even be able to run away 

fucking lol....

On 5/3/2018 at 1:54 AM, Iceni said:

You don't need to spend silly money to get a decent setup. You just need to be selective.

I wouldn't have the ARP9 as a starter gun. Not because it's bad. But because it isn't standard.

A regular M4 short variant with a standard crane stock will let you buy everything you need, then in the future you can buy a full length m4 and still continue using your mags and batteries without having to buy new again. It'll also mean you can get away with 1 set of ammo pouches keeping worn kit prices down.

If  you went the ARP9 route you would need stick mag pouches, multiple small capacity batteries and a set of mags that only have a very limited number of guns you can use them in.

ARP9 mags are also expensive 300rnd £27. Especially when M4 standard 330rnd mags can be purchased for about £7 each.

Take for instance the short CM16.

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152207749-CM16-SRS-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

It has a higher base cost £191, but add 2 mags to that and it's suddenly cheaper. £205 Vs £234. That saving just gets bigger and bigger with every mag added.

It also has the ETU built in, so you get fet protection and 3rnd burst as standard.

There is also a kits available that lets you run pistol style mags in an M4. So it's not the end of the world if you still wanted that look in 12months time.

Component shop are cheap for batteries and chargers.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/

For clothing go with military surplus.

DPM is cheap.

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/

Shirt/trousers/parka/PLCE webbing set/hat shouldn't cost more than £70-90

MTP can vary a fair bit but the base kit is normally cheap. The webbing prices can be extortion especially if you want a plate carrier.

Flecktarn is a great pick as well. The UK prices tend to be high but a few polish sites sell it at bargain basement prices.

I got for myself.

Shirt/trousers/parka/PLCE webbing set/extra pouches/and 2 hats for £70 delivered. (The postage was a full 1/3 of the price! they have some insane prices).

http://armyworld.pl/main-eng.html

I'm quite new to this site but whenever iceni posts it's always good info! I was gonna go with the flecktarn look anyway but it'll be a lot cheaper now! 

11 minutes ago, Craigmc1983 said:

I'm quite new to this site but whenever iceni posts it's always good info

I can make mistakes, we all do. I try to only post about stuff I have a clue about. Sometimes it's not right and I get corrected. Sometimes I correct people that have been on here a long time. It's the nature of forums, you learn as much as you share, and the more you share the more you will see ideas you had never thought about that may or may not apply. You have to be willing to be wrong, and not get too upset when people call you out on something.

The best thing to do is not follow users, but follow threads of interest and cross reference them if you can. That way you will have the best information possible.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Iceni said:

I can make mistakes, we all do. I try to only post about stuff I have a clue about. Sometimes it's not right and I get corrected. Sometimes I correct people that have been on here a long time. It's the nature of forums, you learn as much as you share, and the more you share the more you will see ideas you had never thought about that may or may not apply. You have to be willing to be wrong, and not get too upset when people call you out on something.

The best thing to do is not follow users, but follow threads of interest and cross reference them if you can. That way you will have the best information possible.

solid advice right there, we should all be willing to learn new things even if it's a change in something we thought we already knew inside out.

the great thing with forums is with a bit of savviness you can generally find the truth, even if you have to piece together the gaps in the myths.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Craigmc1983 said:

I was gonna go with the flecktarn look

I hear that once you go fleck, you never go bleck.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:51 AM, Iceni said:

Fair enough mate I get what you're saying and you're right.

You just seem very knowledgeable and friendly mate! Haha

On 5/11/2018 at 10:45 AM, Rogerborg said:

I hear that once you go fleck, you never go bleck.

Haha got my first bit the other day....I need more!

Archived