WE SMG 8

DaktariT
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Before anyone starts I've already bought it so I need to sort it.

To basically summaries the gun works, the (8) mags are gas tight. The problem is after 25-30 rounds the gun fire extinguishes emptying the rest of the gas. Fix please (as in how can I fix it?)

Are you shooting quickly? I had one and it was crap at emptying a mag. Is there gas coming out of the chamber when firing?

I started with full auto and thought if was gas recovery so tried single shot (counting 25-30) before dumping the gas. There seems to be no problems before it throws my gas away.

I'm quite experienced with gas pistols but this has me stumped.

what gas are you using? Try to fire a mag in semi while pressing up on the magazine. That will rule out a magazine/nozzle meshing issue. Venting usually means the output valve on the magazine freezes open, but I’ve had bad efficiency because of the bucking not holding the nozzle long enough. Maple leaf buckings do a good job of holding the nozzle tip until the last moment. Beware that the smg-8/mp7 has a backwards vsr nub. You can use aftermarket nubs, but you have to shave the alignment nub off. 

Archived