firearms ban after prison

clarky2343
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
Just now, clarky2343 said:

Because as is evident through some of the comments on here anyone accused of a sexual offence must be 100% guilty and the courts would prefer to convict 100 innocent people to catch one person who is guilty

Wrong because people get accused every day but still walk out of court.

Chances of a mistake with current forensic tests are unlikely, possible but slim.  It is more likely your friend is guilty and you sticking up for him is offensive to any rational person.

So was he a rapist or paedophile?

26 minutes ago, clarky2343 said:

Because as is evident through some of the comments on here anyone accused of a sexual offence must be 100% guilty and the courts would prefer to convict 100 innocent people to catch one person who is guilty

He he wasn’t just accused though, you told us he was convicted??? 

So comments are based on a conviction! 

22 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

So was he a rapist or paedophile?

😂

• Supporters

Some of you need to wind yer necks in, Clarky has been upfront & honest about his friends predicament, I too disliked the fact that his friend is a "convicted sex offender", & like many of you be judge/jury/executioner on some of the nonces that come to light via the press etc, but the truth is not all of these cases are cut & dried, every day guilty people go free & good guys get locked up.

Something similar happened to a friend, convicted & then a two year fight at horrendous cost to eventually clear his name, during which time he couldn't even live in his own home because his accuser lived in the same area.

& what do you think happened to his scummy lying accuser, or the inept lazy coppers that "investigated" the case.......fuck all that's what ;) 

well you have to be first accused to be then convicted, and he was convicted of grooming even though the "victim" had lied about her age to him and during the trial it emerged that the "victim" had lied to other guys on numerous occasions in the past

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Some of you need to wind yer necks in, Clarky has been upfront & honest about his friends predicament, I too disliked the fact that his friend is a "convicted sex offender", & like many of you be judge/jury/executioner on some of the nonces that come to light via the press etc, but the truth is not all of these cases are cut & dried, every day guilty people go free & good guys get locked up.

Something similar happened to a friend, convicted & then a two year fight at horrendous cost to eventually clear his name, during which time he couldn't even live in his own home because his accuser lived in the same area.

& what do you think happened to his scummy lying accuser, or the inept lazy coppers that "investigated" the case.......fuck all that's what ;) 

Amen to you Tackle it happens to too many cases that the real guilty wronguns go free where as the ones who are actually innocent most of the time get locked away

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, clarky2343 said:

well you have to be first accused to be then convicted, and he was convicted of grooming even though the "victim" had lied about her age to him and during the trial it emerged that the "victim" had lied to other guys on numerous occasions in the past

Sorry so your friend is a convicted paedo then and not just opportunistic but a groomer. If there was any proof your friend believed the victim to be of legal age he wouldn't of been convicted.

Sorry but judge and jury had enough evidence to commit so paedo it is.

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Yeah because prisons are full of innocents. Mistakes can happen but rare. I believe in the justice system way more than a guy sticking up for his convicted paedo mate.

Maybe he should be spending the time clearing his name, if he is indeed innocent as you say rather than finding out if he can play airsoft. If his offence was involving a minor then id tell him to go swivel on moral grounds, airsofting involves many youngsters.

I can see what Tackle is saying though, so clear his name he must if he is innocent.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Sorry but judge and jury had enough evidence to commit so paedo it is.

What part of my last post did you not get ?, the system is still heavily biased towards the "victims" in these cases, even if said "victims" are manipulative lying scheming cnuts with previous, yet the system insists every case has to be judged on a standalone basis when it comes to the victim, & unfortunately the average joe blogs on the street can't fund the legal fight needed to correct this bias after a skewed conviction, it would be the equivalent of handing  over your home & your earnings for the next 20-25 years, I shit you not.

my mate was lucky, if you can call it that ;) , in that as a "superstar dj", he had amassed enough wealth to appeal the conviction, it still had a terrible affect on him, I know for a fact he considered suicide more than once, he considered his life to be over.

to all, spiteful ignorant comments will change nowt, other than alienate the op & probably discourage others to be honest & upfront when it comes to discussing awkward scenarios that may or may not have a tenuous link to our "sport".

I'd think spending money on airsoft is probably the least wise use of his funds and should probably direct it to his legal team.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What part of my last post did you not get ?, the system is still heavily biased towards the "victims" in these cases, even if said "victims" are manipulative lying scheming cnuts with previous, yet the system insists every case has to be judged on a standalone basis when it comes to the victim, & unfortunately the average joe blogs on the street can't fund the legal fight needed to correct this bias after a skewed conviction, it would be the equivalent of handing  over your home & your earnings for the next 20-25 years, I shit you not.

my mate was lucky, if you can call it that ;) , in that as a "superstar dj", he had amassed enough wealth to appeal the conviction, it still had a terrible affect on him, I know for a fact he considered suicide more than once, he considered his life to be over.

to all, spiteful ignorant comments will change nowt, other than alienate the op & probably discourage others to be honest & upfront when it comes to discussing awkward scenarios that may or may not have a tenuous link to our "sport".

I got all your post and yes maybe your friend was innocent but that is what 1 in how many thousands?

I am glad in cases of paedophilia the system is skewed towards the victim as that is how it should be. 

By the sounds of it his mate did the deed then tried to say she lied about her age like how many other paedos?

He is a convicted paedo and I say again a judge and jury convicted and that holds more weight than his mate. To be fair any friend of mine was convicted of grooming I would do him over myself. 

You are on here banging on just because you say your mate got done and if he was innocent then he has my sympathy. But just because you know one person does not mean the justice system always gets it wrong.

Convicted paedo done for grooming is enough for me to say burn in hell after a fucking slow death. 

As a parent it makes me sick to think anyone can take the side of these scum.

3 minutes ago, clarky2343 said:

nooo triggerhappy he didnt have sex or anything of the sort with her, he mearly spoke to her online

You should stop. The hole you're digging isn't getting smaller.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clarky2343 said:

nooo triggerhappy he didnt have sex or anything of the sort with her, he mearly spoke to her online

Then they would of used all the evidence of their conversations and probably other digital footprints to prove what was going on. If the girl had messaged him saying she was older then that would of vindicated him. There will be a trail of evidence to prove that your so called friend was grooming a minor with intent. 

Think you are being a bit naive in swallowing your mates story. Paedos and other sick bastards have a habit of convincing people they are really nice innocent people.

27 minutes ago, clarky2343 said:

he is currently getting a team of solicitors to try and clear his name but he wants to start playing airsoft again now and was wondering wether the firearms ban would stop him

As far as I’m aware, sites don’t do background checks. He could go and just rent 

17 minutes ago, clarky2343 said:

As said, if he spoke to her online then there would be a digital record of it which the police can obtain. 

• Supporters

The lifetime prohibition on possession[*] in Firearms Act S21 applies only to firearms and ammunition.

His licence terms are his licence terms.  If they don't refer to imitation firearms, then he's fine.

His licence terms may restrict participating in activities where children are present, but he'll be best placed to know that.

[*] For those lynching along at home, a lifetime ban is trigged by 3 years custody.  It is entirely possible to be convicted for receiving, soliciting or sending sexual images to a child, but all child sex offences in Sexual Offences Act 2003  require the prosecution to show that the offender did not reasonably believe that the victim was 16 or over.  With a maximum sentence of 10 years, a 3 year term for a first offence suggests there may have been aggravating factors.

Fucking nonce. No smoke without fire. Tf is he doing "just chatting online" with underage girls... smh

Saw a Louis Theroux documentary recently on sex offenders in the US. One poor bloke had a piss in an alley after a night out on the lash, got picked up for exposing himself in public and is now confined to live in supervised accommodation and he’s not allowed any contact with his kids.

13 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Saw a Louis Theroux documentary recently on sex offenders in the US. One poor bloke had a piss in an alley after a night out on the lash, got picked up for exposing himself in public and is now confined to live in supervised accommodation and he’s not allowed any contact with his kids.

Let's not start with the US Justice system, that's a whole other thing.. As you say, pissing beside a playground in the middle of the night puts you on a sex offenders register? 
I can't help but laugh and pity our friends across the pond.

1 hour ago, Corky2110 said:

Let's not start with the US Justice system, that's a whole other thing.. As you say, pissing beside a playground in the middle of the night puts you on a sex offenders register? 

Actually I think it wasn’t even a playground. Just some random dark alley in the wrong place at the wrong time, now he’s a registered sex offender and he had to literally go knocking door to door announcing the fact to everyone in the neighbourhood.

I bet if he was white the judge would have given him a $50 fine and a slap on the wrist.

Lol, the mob mentality here is fucking retarded. You don't know the details of the case, answer the question and jog on because it doesn't concern you.

Sex offender could mean anything from child molester to forgetting your zip is open and hanging free in front of the wrong people. This is an airsoft forum, i've never once seen airsofters acting like such wankers when i'm out playing. So without knowing specifics, keep it zipped.

You spread hate you only create hate

5 hours ago, Corky2110 said:

This happens over here too, literally seen it happen lol. though he got let off for some reason, he was close to being on the register for a minimum of a year because of a drunken need to pee

Archived