The most premium spring sniper rifle?

Kazuya991
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm personally a big fan of the TM VSR, and TM have always been known for their incredible quality internally + performance out the box. But what do you guys think is the best spring sniper money can by in terms of range and accuracy?

As above. The SRS is the spring sniper I’d buy

• Supporters
1 minute ago, E21A said:

What about the Novritsch SSG24? 

I own one. And have an SRS. Get the SRS.

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I own one. And have an SRS. Get the SRS.

Fair enough! I won’t be getting either any time soon as well out of my price range 😂 Just heard and read good things about SSG24 

• Supporters

Don’t get me wrong, the SSG is good for those who don’t want to tech, and just want to shoot and hit their targets. But to anyone serious about sniping it’s the SRS all day long.

Its only real downside is the stupid trigger pull ends up hurting your wrist.

6 hours ago, Prisce said:

Silverback SRS  currently.

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

As above. The SRS is the spring sniper I’d buy

Ah I'll look it up cool :)

but what about after market parts and tuning? I know the VSR10 has heaps and heaps of availability, but what about the SRS?

5 hours ago, E21A said:

Just watched a couple of vids about the SRS looks like a decent bit of kit but like you say, need to be tech inclined 

So have I, the bullpup design is beautiful I'm such a fan of it personally - considering getting one haha, but just wondering about the after market parts and upgrades, hoping there are a good availability and range on the market

the VSR has loads of upgrades because out of the box it simply isnt viable as a sniper. At sub 300 fps out of the box it needs a bigger spring.. Because of that bigger spring, it needs better sears and internals.. The SRS doesn't really need anything. All most people change is the barrel and hop rubber for their preferred brand.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Kazuya991 said:

Ah I'll look it up cool :)

but what about after market parts and tuning? I know the VSR10 has heaps and heaps of availability, but what about the SRS?

So have I, the bullpup design is beautiful I'm such a fan of it personally - considering getting one haha, but just wondering about the after market parts and upgrades, hoping there are a good availability and range on the market

All I’d recommend is the fast hop unit and changing the bucking. You really don’t need to r hop it, and to be honest the PDI barrel on gives an extra metre or so range, so I don’t think it’s worth the money. 

The rest of the “upgrades” are cheap and easy, such as heat shrinking the spring guide to stop the spring twang, possibly removing the o ring in the hop to prevent it still being loaded when you remove the mag.

If you want it silent, I’d recommend the silencer, it does work.

Shops to have a look at are Skirmshop ( discount codes Sneaky5 and AFUK5 used to work for 5% off) and Longbow - there are others, I just can’t remember them.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Prisce said:

22” Covert 

2FAA6CC4-2107-4171-A4C4-25BA0AABC770.jpeg

22" covert??
Isn't that an oxymoron? lol
I thought the covert was 16" ?
I'm contemplating getting the Sport. Mainly cos it's £100 cheaper, which leaves some wiggle room for upgrades / optics etc...

• Supporters
On 13/05/2018 at 08:21, sonofsammo said:

22" covert??
Isn't that an oxymoron? lol
I thought the covert was 16" ?
I'm contemplating getting the Sport. Mainly cos it's £100 cheaper, which leaves some wiggle room for upgrades / optics etc...

Your quite correct, just had that lecture off of my brother - his gun -  to be honest from what I have seen (our little group has 2) there is very little performance difference in the length of the rifle. We have a 20” and 22” and they both shoot the same give it take a couple of metres due to mods. 

Yeah I see your thinking, try using the gun before buying one, the bolt pull takes some getting used too, also don’t forgot your discount codes Sneaky5 or AFUK5 for Skirmshop.

• Supporters

Not personally, my team mate has a good retort with them. I only recommend them because they gave the discount codes out on here previously. People like Longbow, also sell them, and also give discounts, but you have to go about it differently. And some companies out there sell them, at an extortionate price and I would not recommend them for love nor money.

Plus, one of the guys from skirmship is on this forum, and I tend to always recommend shops and companies who are on here.

• Supporters

@Prisce push bolt or pull bolt? Which is better? What is the actual difference (other than you push one and pull the other)?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

@Prisce push bolt or pull bolt? Which is better? What is the actual difference (other than you push one and pull the other)?

Pull bolt, push bolt just feels weird! Erm, not entirely sure, although I do know that you can change one to the other very easily with the parts bought from stockists.

On 5/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, Prisce said:

Don’t get me wrong, the SSG is good for those who don’t want to tech, and just want to shoot and hit their targets. But to anyone serious about sniping it’s the SRS all day long.

Its only real downside is the stupid trigger pull ends up hurting your wrist.

Don’t know about the SRS, but if you’re sinking as much money into it as most snipers in Airsoft, isn’t it something you can take to a gunsmith for a trigger adjustment?

• Supporters

Well you noticed my typo before me or anyone else, I meant the bolt pull, due to where it’s situated you kinda use your wrist to wrack the bolt, and it bruises

4 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Don’t know about the SRS, but if you’re sinking as much money into it as most snipers in Airsoft, isn’t it something you can take to a gunsmith for a trigger adjustment?

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

Well you noticed my typo before me or anyone else, I meant the bolt pull, due to where it’s situated you kinda use your wrist to wrack the bolt, and it bruises

Ah. One of the reasons I don’t like the VSR. Ironically it makes a real bolt action feel like a toy!

Only thing you can do is make sure it’s polished and lubed well.

• Supporters

The bolt pull isn’t the issue, it’s actually really light, and you can do with 1 finger, the issue is the position of the bolt, you have to either have T. rex arms or no elbows.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Prisce said:

The bolt pull isn’t the issue, it’s actually really light, and you can do with 1 finger, the issue is the position of the bolt, you have to either have T. rex arms or no elbows.

602598_4349018928700_1626124274_n.jpg

Archived