what gear should I run with the arp9?

Seldis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just about to start airsoft and I'm going to get the G&G arp9 which has pistol like mags, therefore I won't be needing m4 mag pouches so what plate carrier should I get or should I just get a CQB belt as I'm going to do CQB aswell, thanks for the help in advance.

Ps. I'm kind of on a budget so no expensive ones please.

To be honest, whatever is most comfortable for you.

I may be wrong but i don't think there's midcaps available for the ARP-9 yet, other than 60rd ones, so mag changes are going to be less frequent, so you may only need a triple mag pouch which is easy worn on the hip or thigh, leaving space on the PC or vest for other goodies.

The other option is to get the G&G ARP-9 556, which takes M4 style mags?

19 minutes ago, newsh said:

To be honest, whatever is most comfortable for you.

I may be wrong but i don't think there's midcaps available for the ARP-9 yet, other than 60rd ones, so mag changes are going to be less frequent, so you may only need a triple mag pouch which is easy worn on the hip or thigh, leaving space on the PC or vest for other goodies.

The other option is to get the G&G ARP-9 556, which takes M4 style mags?

I was going to buy a drum mag for it but just in case it breaks or something I would carry spare mags, it’s comes with a 300rd mag and I’ll also carry a Glock 18c with spare mags so it’ll just be pistol mags only. Should I buy a Normal pc but add pistol mag pouches to it? What pc would you recommend.

PC or Belt, its all relative to the user.

To be honest you really need to try some on for fit or use one to see if you get on with it. I have used three different chest rigs and 2 plate carriers before settling on a £10 riggers belt with pouches attached as I didnt like too many things on my chest. god knows how much I have spent on kit I now dont use... :(

You have to start using kit to see what you like, your asking for recommendations on something with a ton of options and variables. Find something in your budget you think you will like and give it a go!

If you are on a budget, there are tons of different plate carriers and vests - some are smaller in shape and some are much bigger

To be honest you might not even need a PC unless you want the upper body padding, you could wear a battle belt with plenty of space for mag pouches and your pistol holster

Aside from your mags - what else would you be carrying? any pyro?

Quick question? Does the site you want to play at allow full auto? Reason i ask is that some don't for CQB, so a drum mag might not be worth the outlay

• Supporters

I prefer a belt over a vest, so that I'm not adding more weight just to carry more weight.

You might be able to get those mags into an MP5 pouch, although I wouldn't bet the farm on it.  If so, they hang easily enough from a belt.

1 minute ago, newsh said:

If you are on a budget, there are tons of different plate carriers and vests - some are smaller in shape and some are much bigger

To be honest you might not even need a PC unless you want the upper body padding, you could wear a battle belt with plenty of space for mag pouches and your pistol holster

Aside from your mags - what else would you be carrying? any pyro?

To be honest I won’t really carry anything else, I’m quite fast so I reckon a lighter setup would be better, would you recommend condor?

10 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

PC or Belt, its all relative to the user.

To be honest you really need to try some on for fit or use one to see if you get on with it. I have used three different chest rigs and 2 plate carriers before settling on a £10 riggers belt with pouches attached as I didnt like too many things on my chest. god knows how much I have spent on kit I now dont use... :(

You have to start using kit to see what you like, your asking for recommendations on something with a ton of options and variables. Find something in your budget you think you will like and give it a go!

Would you recommend any brands for the belts?

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I prefer a belt over a vest, so that I'm not adding more weight just to carry more weight.

You might be able to get those mags into an MP5 pouch, although I wouldn't bet the farm on it.  If so, they hang easily enough from a belt.

I will look into it, thank you for the advice.

Condors a decent brand for Airsoft...

I used a cheap ebay riggers belt with pouches attached. was pretty basic but useful. Use a more expensive set up with a thigh rig now but for a budget stick with a solid cheap riggers and you will be fine.

The molle battle belts are good too, can pick up cheap ones for £25ish or £90ish for a warrior one....

Condor is a decent brand - in fact I use a Condor Lightweight Gunner plate carrier for CQB and I find it to be pretty well made

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I've been considering a Sainsbury's plastic bag as a dump pouch.

Lidl’s are stronger mate , only took three PTW mags and half a Brie and organic rocket baguette to tear right through a Sainsbury’s one , and don’t even get me started on Marks&Spencer ! Premium brand ? Worst dump pouches ever ! 😡

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Lidl’s are stronger mate , only took three PTW mags and half a Brie and organic rocket baguette to tear right through a Sainsbury’s one , and don’t even get me started on Marks&Spencer ! Premium brand ? Worst dump pouches ever ! 😡

🙄🤔😒

5p though??? Feck that! no Gucci enough for me 😛 

Waitrose bag for life or STFU!!

Archived