Posting a gbb.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd considered that, but I've heard stories of guns being sent to N. Ireland and destroyed. You have to tell RM what the package contains which may mean it goes through a scanner.

Parcelforce 48h ant expel the gas. I often don’t, but that’s all that’s required. 

I have got in to the habit of removing fill or outlet valves from mags after talking with the buyer, also attach some tape with " Valves Removed " on brown tape fixed to the mags 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

That's what I thought.

Retailers tend to have special arrangements for postage of these things. Presumably because they give the carriers a lot of trade.

It is not volume of trade it is just commerce transportation has a completely different set of guidelines to personal for obvious reasons.

The main issue with both royal mail and parcelforce who both accept low powered air guns wether that technically includes gas powered or not i am not sure, is that both do not accept gas containers wether empty or full.  Which means if you send them and they are checked they can decide to destroy them if they want to, i had a madbull gas grenade destroyed by royal mail who stated it didn`t matter wether it was empty they will still destroy any gas container sent.

Gases, including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases Gases including flammable, non-flammable toxic and compressed gases, new, used and empty gas cylinders, butane, ethane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks, life jackets, nitrogen dioxide and carbon dioxide canisters (culinary foaming devices and soda stream). No No

Stores and personal postage is different. I received a lipo though parcel force. Said lithium battery on the side. Was wrong so I went to send it back and the post office said no. In the end I stuck it in a different box, and didn’t tell he post man a mile down the road it was a lipo battery. Job done 😁

Parcelforce 48, expel the gas and make sure the valve is left open, put a label inside that says "Note to Carrier: Unpressurised/Empty Vessel", then it's no different to sending a thermos flask. That's what the person in the post office told me when I asked the question about sending gas mags.

It’s all moot until it goes wrong 😂

I must have sent forty or fifty RIF’s via PF24, PF48, P.O. special delivery, P.O. signed for,  never had a single issue.🙈

Same here, never had an issues, but I've only used parcelforce48

I write on the box that they are gas and air free- meeting required regulations. (from  Northern Ireland to mainland UK)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, sjhirst said:

Same here, never had an issues, but I've only used parcelforce48

I write on the box that they are gas and air free- meeting required regulations. (from  Northern Ireland to mainland UK)

18 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s all moot until it goes wrong 😂

I must have sent forty or fifty RIF’s via PF24, PF48, P.O. special delivery, P.O. signed for,  never had a single issue.🙈

I have never had a problem myself but I always post 48hr. Follow the guidelines and posting stuff is no issue.

There are a lot of stories of people who claim to have had stuff destroyed when they haven't followed the rules so it can happen.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I have never had a problem myself but I always post 48hr. Follow the guidelines and posting stuff is no issue.

There are a lot of stories of people who claim to have had stuff destroyed when they haven't followed the rules so it can happen.

Yes, definitely. I've seen several posts of people who have lost their goods.

I'm really confused by this thread  now as came on there looking for advise on how to post my   green gas gbb.  

Just to confirm  the mag have to be emptied and  it has to go  via parcel force 48.  Does it need to go though post office  or   is it ok for  courier to collect from house. 

10 hours ago, Shaun Haynes said:

I'm really confused by this thread  now as came on there looking for advise on how to post my   green gas gbb.  

Just to confirm  the mag have to be emptied and  it has to go  via parcel force 48.  Does it need to go though post office  or   is it ok for  courier to collect from house. 

Empty it of gas, I've had parcels sent to me all kinds of ways as people don't seem to care once you paid however, when I've sent guns I've always done it the correct way which is post office, parcel force 48hr, declared as a low powered air weapon. Never had an issue. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I'm not going to start arguments but why are you saying it's asking for trouble when I've sent numerous ones this way and never had the slightest issue. It's when you don't declare things thats when it can be asking for issues

Low powered air weapon is the correct term. If you incorrectly declare something then it can be destroyed and there is nothing you can do about it.

I was advised to remove valves from mags as other wise they can class it as pressurised and then they will destroy them. They don't check if it contains anything.

Airsoft toy is not wrong and sounds better than gas weapon or whatever. 

I bet more "gas weapons" have been destroyed than "airsoft toys."

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Airsoft toy is not wrong and sounds better than gas weapon or whatever. 

I bet more "gas weapons" have been destroyed than "airsoft toys."

Well, going on the parcel force/royal mail web pages, toy is wrong. You may be right, but until you can show me where it says there have been 5000 toys destroyed and 8675 weapons destroyed, I'll keep sending them the CORRECT way and will urge others to do that same. 

Don't give out bad advice. Right or wrong, personal experience or not, why risk it?

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Low powered air weapon is the correct term. If you incorrectly declare something then it can be destroyed and there is nothing you can do about it.

I was advised to remove valves from mags as other wise they can class it as pressurised and then they will destroy them. They don't check if it contains anything.

I too follow this. We have a fair number of threads on here where people have had mags seized and destroyed even when they 'emptied the gas'. Remember, Parcelforce aren't going to hit the output valve just to check it's empty.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Robert James said:

I didn't know about the valves one honestly, good to know for future 

Anything that can be classed as pressurised is a no unless it is on the exempt list.

You can send deodorant but not green gas, asthama medication bulbs but not cO2 strange as that is. If they have any doubt they just destroy as their guidelines are to take no risk.

I have sent countless items around the UK and abroad it is not worth taking any risks.

Archived